Club Crest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Yeah could happen i spose. Have to say personally, it doesn't matter to me as much as others, so even if i don't like
    a new one to start with i get used to it.......easy going chap that's me!!
    I know a way to get all fans to agree over the crest, just make one that has a lion standing, holding what looks like a big lollipop!!
    Same here Dave.

As long as they don't change us from blue to red!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
      How about the old crest, but the plain blue behind the QPR bit could be a bit like the hoop design in the new badge. Also change the Queens Park Rangers font going around the edges to the one in the new crest.
      Sounds horrible. I'm creating a Twitter account to arrange a boycott immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
        Problem with this is that if they change it again, some will like and others won't.
        Every time the badge/crest is brought up somebody says this and it misses the point by a country mile. In true English fashion, I will shout in the hope that will make it easier to understand!

FOR THOSE WHO HATE (AND I DON'T USE THE WORD LIGHTLY) THE CURRENT CREST, IT ISN'T JUST ABOUT AESTHETICS. IT IS ABOUT THE ASSOCIATION WITH TWO DETESTABLE INDIVIDUALS.

The club could not come within a country mile of creating the level of hatred (and I repeat, I don't use the word lightly) felt towards the current crest with a simple re-design. Also, TF has shown that he cares about the fans' input so any re-design would most likely be approved by a majority of fans anyway. And would soon enough be accepted by all, which will NEVER happen with the current one (well, maybe in 80 years or so when all of us who hate it are long gone).
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
          Every time the badge/crest is brought up somebody says this and it misses the point by a country mile. In true English fashion, I will shout in the hope that will make it easier to understand!

FOR THOSE WHO HATE (AND I DON'T USE THE WORD LIGHTLY) THE CURRENT CREST, IT ISN'T JUST ABOUT AESTHETICS. IT IS ABOUT THE ASSOCIATION WITH TWO DETESTABLE INDIVIDUALS.

The club could not come within a country mile of creating the level of hatred (and I repeat, I don't use the word lightly) felt towards the current crest with a simple re-design. Also, TF has shown that he cares about the fans' input so any re-design would most likely be approved by a majority of fans anyway. And would soon enough be accepted by all, which will NEVER happen with the current one (well, maybe in 80 years or so when all of us who hate it are long gone).

Comment

Isn't the current badge accepted by the majority of fans?

Comment

just update the lettering and colouring on the bade then that would be my ideal badge

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

thats my favorite badge by far
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
                  Palace did a thing where they put up loads of designs and let members/ST Holders vote on the winner
                  Originally posted by MYU View Post
                  Problem with this is that if they change it again, some will like and others won't.
                  There was zero fan consultation over it though, that was the problem. They just want ahead and said here's your new badge, if you dont like it - tough $hit. As Pie and Mash says, engage the fanbase which is what TF has promised.

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                  If that were true TF wouldnt have promised to get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chalet1882 View Post

just update the lettering and colouring on the bade then that would be my ideal badge
                    Originally posted by vespa View Post
                    thats my favorite badge by far
                    Same here.

Comment

I think we have discussed this point before but why do you have to associate the current badge with those two detestable individuals? You can forget about them, they're not here any more, the badge is the Club's badge. It belongs to QPR not to Flavio and Ernie. Yes the badge was brought in when they were the owners but why does the badge have to be the focal point of discontent.

We have the power to decide what the badge means to us! To me it brings many emotions and memories, good and bad. It's the badge that we had when the Ale Faurlin saga didn't dock us points. The badge that we had our first promotion with. The badge that brought us all these ups and downs these past few seasons. The badge we waved all those blue and white flags with when we had that unbelievable win at Wembley.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        Same here.
                        Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        There was zero fan consultation over it though, that was the problem. They just want ahead and said here's your new badge, if you dont like it - tough $hit. As Pie and Mash says, engage the fanbase which is what TF has promised.

If that were true TF wouldnt have promised to get rid of it.
                        I think a lot of fans would like to be involved like it has been mentioned on here, we was not informed on the badge change and it was only because Fabio was extremely superstitious and he didn't like the following

club crest or family emblem where the lettering faces down was bad luck
                        jude had to go because black cats are bad luck

no one consulted us QPR Fans so I cant imagine the club would do that again

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

every time the badge/crest is brought up somebody says this and it misses the point by a country mile. In true english fashion, i will shout in the hope that will make it easier to understand!

For those who hate (and i don't use the word lightly) the current crest, it isn't just about aesthetics. It is about the association with two detestable individuals.

The club could not come within a country mile of creating the level of hatred (and i repeat, i don't use the word lightly) felt towards the current crest with a simple re-design. Also, tf has shown that he cares about the fans' input so any re-design would most likely be approved by a majority of fans anyway. And would soon enough be accepted by all, which will never happen with the current one (well, maybe in 80 years or so when all of us who hate it are long gone).
                          actually it's about 4 individuals....two of whom are still at the club..mr mittal and amit...

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                            actually it's about 4 individuals....two of whom are still at the club..mr mittal and amit...
                            Great shout. 2 individuals in mittal and amit who have brought one of the greatest memories to me of seeing QPR win at Wembley and the pride to see so many R's in North West London in one day! Bring on the move to NW10 with a 40,000 seater.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRNW9 View Post
                              Bring on the move to NW10 with a 40,000 seater.
                              The fact we`ll have a north London postcode is just another reason to not want to leave Loftus Rd
                              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                                Unfortunately, this is not about acceptance, it is about REJECTION. The current badge is absolutely REJECTED by a large number of QPR fans. It really doesn't matter whether they are a majority or a minority because this situation is very unusual, would not occur with a re-design even if some fans didn't like the new badge, and is costing the club money.

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
                                I think we have discussed this point before but why do you have to associate the current badge with those two detestable individuals? You can forget about them, they're not here any more, the badge is the Club's badge. It belongs to QPR not to Flavio and Ernie. Yes the badge was brought in when they were the owners but why does the badge have to be the focal point of discontent.

We have the power to decide what the badge means to us! To me it brings many emotions and memories, good and bad. It's the badge that we had when the Ale Faurlin saga didn't dock us points. The badge that we had our first promotion with. The badge that brought us all these ups and downs these past few seasons. The badge we waved all those blue and white flags with when we had that unbelievable win at Wembley.
                                Unfortunately, those of us who HATE the badge don't do so out of choice - it is just the way we feel. Think of something you absolutely hate (liver for supper?) and consider whether you could just decide to like it.
                                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                                X