Djibril Cisse forced to retire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Djibril Cisse forced to retire

After suffering numerous injuries – notably two broken legs – during his career the 33-year-old, who now plays for Bastia, says he will bring down the curtain on his playing days at the end of the current campaign.

He told L'Equipe: "Twenty-four hours a day I am in pain. In the evening, when I'm watchng TV, it is there the whole time. I will be in pain my whole life, unless I get a prothesis. For one season, I can grin and bear it, but two or three… It is not playable. So this is my last season I think."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/former...t7ul4UupV2T.99

I liked Cisse I know few slated him but as a goalscorer he knew where the net was

Comment

If I wore those Mr. Lenoir clothes I'd be in/a constant pain as well.
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        I liked Cisse I know few slated him but as a goalscorer he knew where the net was
        Terrible attitude.

The sh it that adel get yet at least he runs on the pitch.
        I was there at cisse last game for us and what I saw was nothing short of disgusting.
        Attitude he showed and his walking around the pitch made me physically sick.
        I won't forgive him just because of that stoke goal and he insulted every paying fan that day!
        No need to reply west because you're wrong, bloke is s cum
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Terrible attitude.

I was there at cisse last game for us and what I saw was nothing short of disgusting.
          I won't forgive him just because of that stoke goal and he insulted every paying fan that day!
          Each to there own agree to disagree

Comment

I thought he was treated harshly by both Hughes and Redknapp tbh.
            Yes he had a lousy attitude problem but could perhaps have scored the goals to keep QPR up had Redknapp selected him instead of Mackie.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Terrible attitude.

You've just read that he's in continual pain but you're complaining that he walked around the pitch?

We would have been even worse if Cisse hadn't been in the side, he scored a lot of important goals for us. Got some good memories from his time here so I wish him all the best.

Comment

Terrible attitude, complete liability (Wolves and Sunderland red cards), well past his best, but it really cannot be said that he didn't have an eye for a goal.......

Comment

Always thought he was a threat when he played.
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

When at his best; what a player!! A true maverick.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                      You've just read that he's in continual pain but you're complaining that he walked around the pitch?

We would have been even worse if Cisse hadn't been in the side, he scored a lot of important goals for us. Got some good memories from his time here so I wish him all the best.
                      I was thinking the same. Perhaps he never made it to the OP's second paragraph?

Comment

fvcking great goal against City.. I went mental when that went in

Comment

Never forget his goal v Stoke. Nearly burst one of me herorrhoids celebrating that.

Became a lazy sod towards the end of his stink with us but I quite liked him tbf.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I always liked Cisse....his celebration of the consolation goal in the Stamford Bridge massacre was priceless!

Comment

I liked Cisse too. Scored some cracking goals.
                              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                              X