term one report -a balanced view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• term one report -a balanced view?

Being somewhat fed up with the knee jerk reactions that appear on here and having half a second to spare in my busy teacher's life, I thought I would attempt a balanced view in true teacher style ( half term is called term 1 in Newspeak by the way).
    Hull grade C - fair enough effort for first game back (remember, Bolton, Swansea?) still a defeat though.
    Spurs grade E - less said the better
    Sunderland grade B - not convincing but right result
    United - grade E - didn't turn up
    Stoke - grade B - two come backs and late goal - worth more than a point
    Saints - grade C - in retrospect looks respectable and beaten by a worldie
    West Ham - grade E - Not helped by early disaster and not so bad in retrospect but still awful
    Liverpool -grade B - would have been an A if not for the own goals
    Villa - grade B -Great result and performance in patches

Bearing in mind that if we had consistent A grades we would win the league, averaging around C would do us for the season. We actually aren't that far off!
    (the mathematicians will realise that using letter grades has its faults -don't worry its changing due to the former Voldermort of education -fellow R Michael Gove.)

Despite the win vs Villa, I thought we didnt look great. For large parts of the game, we struggled to keep the ball or pass to our own team - possibly due to nerves. A real lack of composure. The only reason we didnt lose is because Villa were equally as bad or worse. At times it looked liked 2 Championship teams playing out there, just kept giving the ball to each other. Playing wise, we were miles better in the Liverpool game. But end of the day, its all about the result. I only wish we had the fixtures to build on this, but stranger things have happened...!

Comment

A term report?

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

A far easier way of looking at it would be to say that Spurs, United, Southampton and Liverpool will all finish comfortably in the top half of the table. Hull, Stoke and West Ham are all looking to finish mid table and are all unlikely to be involved in any relegation scraps. On performances so far, Sunderland and Villa are likely to be in danger of relegation.

Therefore, we've beaten the two teams we should have and got a point against Stoke. We could and should have got points from Liverpool, Hull and Southampton so need to continue beating the teams at the bottom while picking up the odd point or two from the rest.

Our main focus should be to get enough points to survive and if that is achieved, see where we can go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
          A far easier way of looking at it would be to say that Spurs, United, Southampton and Liverpool will all finish comfortably in the top half of the table. Hull, Stoke and West Ham are all looking to finish mid table and are all unlikely to be involved in any relegation scraps. On performances so far, Sunderland and Villa are likely to be in danger of relegation.

Therefore, we've beaten the two teams we should have and got a point against Stoke. We could and should have got points from Liverpool, Hull and Southampton so need to continue beating the teams at the bottom while picking up the odd point or two from the rest.

Our main focus should be to get enough points to survive and if that is achieved, see where we can go from there.
          Someone who understands. Agree 100%.
          No doubt though after our inevitable defeats to Chelsea and City the doomers and gloomers will be out in force.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            No doubt though after our inevitable defeats to Chelsea and City the doomers and gloomers will be out in force.
            I will be betting that Lady Luck comes to play, never say never, and what sweet joy she would bring, off to clean me rose coloured glasses!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              A term report?

SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                Doom and gloomers? That's so last season mate. We have gone through a rebrand since then.
                #realistsrule
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

What's with this thread anyway.
                  Is the teacher a jobsworth or what?
                  Its farking half term for crying out loud.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    Doom and gloomers? That's so last season mate. We have gone through a rebrand since then.
                    #realistsrule
                    Hahaha sorry old boy, I'm still getting used to the whole rebranding thing
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      What's with this thread anyway.
                      Is the teacher a jobsworth or what?
                      Its farking half term for crying out loud.
                      I suppose I must be. Everybody should be talking about SIX terms (not me, that's Gove and co newspeak) and in football parlance a "term" usually means the season -so half term wouldn't be until Christmas. That's why I called it term one. I rest my case m'lud.

Comment

I studied to be a teacher but for some reason they did not like my idea of setting up solitary-confinement punishment cells in schools so my promising career was scuppered. Their loss is WATRB admin team's gain.
                        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                          I suppose I must be. Everybody should be talking about SIX terms (not me, that's Gove and co newspeak) and in football parlance a "term" usually means the season -so half term wouldn't be until Christmas. That's why I called it term one. I rest my case m'lud.
                          Que?
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                          X