Another success for our Tony.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    The worrying thing is how often he gets rogered by the nearest shark. 1) Hughes' notorious agent 2) Caterham - a balls up from start to finish 3) Team Harry and his advisors. 4) QPR's administration under Tony has been nothing short of chaotic with highly questionable appointments, executive and media decisions throughout. I believe he caved in to Harry re Rio, for example.

When he came, those of us who pointed out that bossing an airline and a football club had remarkably little in common, we were taken to task. I like his enthusiasm but his decision making has been poor. I think we were alarmingly close to the reality of a new contract for Harry. Thank fvck TF had the gumption to back out of waving that around. But he has to grasp the Harry nettle sooner rather than later.
    Air Asia, Tune et al?

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      The worrying thing is how often he gets rogered by the nearest shark. 1) Hughes' notorious agent 2) Caterham - a balls up from start to finish 3) Team Harry and his advisors. 4) QPR's administration under Tony has been nothing short of chaotic with highly questionable appointments, executive and media decisions throughout. I believe he caved in to Harry re Rio, for example.

When he came, those of us who pointed out that bossing an airline and a football club had remarkably little in common, we were taken to task. I like his enthusiasm but his decision making has been poor. I think we were alarmingly close to the reality of a new contract for Harry. Thank fvck TF had the gumption to back out of waving that around. But he has to grasp the Harry nettle sooner rather than later.
      I know hes done bad for us but do you not think you are little it obsessed. You dont make a single post about any topic in any thread without 'harry out' in your sentence. Is it that deep?

Comment

I think on balance his stewardship (TF's) has been chaotic. And sometimes - especially with Harry - it's seemed like the tail has been wagging the dog.

New grounds etc are lovely but you just have to get the basics right in football. It all comes from that start point. Under Tony, I've never felt that has been sorted properly, I think he's been put to sleep time and again by experienced agents (of players and managers).

I like the man but he has been very naive and our level of exposure on and off the park is an issue.

Comment

I think people are too quickly forgetting how it was under the fat man and the dwarf. Utter contempt for the fans, owners in the dressing room dictating line ups, no celebration when we won the Football League, straight to the auction block after promotion with not a single penny available for Warnock to strengthen the squad. Only ever there to turn a profit, no interest whatsoever in the long term success of the club.

Under Tony we have had a fantastic day at Wembley and promotion, a QPR end filled with flags that made Derby green with envy, money available to strengthen the squad, plans to put us into a stadium that will make us one of the Premier League stalwarts.

If the owner has the long term best interests of the club at heart it will all come good eventually. Did anybody think it would be easy?
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
            I think people are too quickly forgetting how it was under the fat man and the dwarf. Utter contempt for the fans, owners in the dressing room dictating line ups, no celebration when we won the Football League, straight to the auction block after promotion with not a single penny available for Warnock to strengthen the squad. Only ever there to turn a profit, no interest whatsoever in the long term success of the club.
            Yes but they were financially prudent and that matters most, considering our modest circumstances.
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              I know hes done bad for us but do you not think you are little it obsessed. You dont make a single post about any topic in any thread without 'harry out' in your sentence. Is it that deep?
              And to be fair Kev half of your posts youve made in the one year youve been posting on here have been ,sarcastic " Harry out " posts
              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                And to be fair Kev half of your posts youve made in the one year youve been posting on here have been ,sarcastic " Harry out " posts
                Agreed but only in a fight back at the mass scale undeserved manager hate. I wouldnt be able to , or want to do it if it wasnt so prevalent.

Comment

Agreed but only in a fight back at the mass scale undeserved manager hate. I wouldnt be able to , or want to do it if it wasnt so prevalent.
                  Seriously though ,do you honestly think its in our best interests now to keep Harry ? Do you think he can turn things around ? Do you honestly think he still wants to be the here ,after his latest outburst ?
                  Not a dig at you btw ,but i honestly believe Harry has made his position here untenable, intentionally.

Comment

no i dont really if im totally honest vesp mate (but he could still surprise us with vital wins as he has done before), but i found it laughable when we were in the play off positions and even in the play offs and final itself the amount of dogs abuse he got.

Comment

no i dont really if im totally honest vesp mate (but he could still surprise us with vital wins as he has done before), but i found it laughable when we were in the play off positions and even in the play offs and final itself the amount of dogs abuse he got.
                      Fair play Kev

Comment

Working...
                      X