Lowest number of fouls committed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowest number of fouls committed

During the match with Liverpool, the commentators noted that we have the lowest number of fouls committed in the Premier League, at 60 I believe. Lee Dixon said that is a statistic that would have really concerned him during his playing days because if you are making tackles you need to stay close to your man and you are bound to give away some fouls. That makes sense to me and the number of goals we are shipping certainly indicates we are doing something wrong defensively.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=Leagues

Comment

as well as defensivly when we do give away free kicks we cant defend from them lol

Comment

I remember Foolham getting into Europe this way, is that still an option?
        Kept the faith!

Comment

If Karl Henry had committed just one more foul in the build up to Liverpool's 3rd goal we would have taken a point from that game. We're just not smart enough it seems to know when to and when not to commit a foul...
          2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
            I remember Foolham getting into Europe this way, is that still an option?
            Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
              If Karl Henry had committed just one more foul in the build up to Liverpool's 3rd goal we would have taken a point from that game. We're just not smart enough it seems to know when to and when not to commit a foul...
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                During the match with Liverpool, the commentators noted that we have the lowest number of fouls committed in the Premier League, at 60 I believe. Lee Dixon said that is a statistic that would have really concerned him during his playing days because if you are making tackles you need to stay close to your man and you are bound to give away some fouls. That makes sense to me and the number of goals we are shipping certainly indicates we are doing something wrong defensively.
                I agree, if you a team is not conceding fouls it is either because
                a) the challenges are perfectly timed,
                b) the ref is blind,
                c) the team is not committed to get close enough to make tackles.

I'd go for c).

If the players want QPR to stay in the Premiership, then they have go to wise up and become more cynical.

Two of the Liverpool goals could have been avoided with a discreet/or non discreet tug of a shirt, shoulder barge clip of the heels or even just a blatant foul conceding a free kick in the centre circle. It is possible that Liverpool would have scored from the free kick and a player being booked (2nd yellow for Henry), but it is a chance they needed to take - as O'Neil did in the play off final.

Nice guys rarely win.

Comment

Adels comments that we don't press as a team could explain our low foul rate..individuals pressing will rarely be in a position to make a tackle or challenge as the ball is generally switched to another player.

The better teams will press as a team and hunt the ball in packs.
                  Last edited by MINCER; 23-10-2014, 11:39 AM. Reason: Carlin phone s

Comment

Look at least fouls for in 2012/13 Premier League. Spurs, United, Arsenal and Chelsea in the top 5 least fouls commited and all finished in the top 5 in the league.

Can interpret statistics however you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
                      Bit unfair Kev as he was on a yellow and would have walked and in his defence we got enough bodies back to deal with the attack it was just unfortunate that it hit Caulker wrong as that easily could have bounced off him to the keeper or for a corner.

Imagine the canning Henry would have taken had he taken the man out and they had still gone on to win he would have got it for leaving us with ten men

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Bit unfair Kev as he was on a yellow and would have walked and in his defence we got enough bodies back to deal with the attack it was just unfortunate that it hit Caulker wrong as that easily could have bounced off him to the keeper or for a corner.

Imagine the canning Henry would have taken had he taken the man out and they had still gone on to win he would have got it for leaving us with ten men

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Look at least fouls for in 2012/13 Premier League. Spurs, United, Arsenal and Chelsea in the top 5 least fouls commited and all finished in the top 5 in the league.

Can interpret statistics however you want to.
                          They are also amongst the "Bigger clubs" in the division so tend to get favourable decisions from referees

Comment

and being unavailable for Villa

Comment

Understand what you're saying West but it was the last 15 seconds of the game so there's a chance we could have hung on from the ensuing free kick...maybe!
                              I was more trying to point out that we're just not 'savvy' enough sometimes. I'm fairly sure if Joey had been there the Liverpool player would have been on his ar5e and we would have quickly got 9 or 10 men behind the ball for the free kick.
                              Always a difficult call but with 20:20 hindsight we're all pundits
                              2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Working...
                              X