Thread creation and etiquettes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread creation and etiquettes

Can someone from the moderation team please clarify the rules?

Some people are complaining I created too many threads, and then my "Was Taarabt a failure in the Premier League" got merged with the other Taarabt thread. I don't understand why. I don't want to read everything else about Taarabt, I just want to have a discussion on his performance stats that show he was actually quite good, but now it's all in one thread, with people discussing things about him I don't want to read.

I think we need someone from moderation to come the rules because no one seems to know.

ffs....
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

There is no clarification. No one knows how many threads you should create, how threads are merged etc. Surely the moderators need to address this issue, otherwise we will keep on having fights where some people create threads and others then start abusing them for creating too many threads.

Comment

What a bell

Comment

Ok, below is what the forum rules state, but my question is, why should all threads about a player be one when they have different content?

Before creating a new thread please can all posters kindly first check to see there isn't already another thread on the same subject. Several threads on the same subject clutters up the board and makes navigation much more difficult for all concerned. Furthermore good threads often get pushed off the front page and are missed as a result. It also saves the moderators a lot of time and headaches having to constantly merge threads on what is a very busy and popular forum.

Your understanding and cooperation is greatly appreciated.

You R's!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNiceGuy View Post
            There is no clarification. No one knows how many threads you should create, how threads are merged etc.
            You waited just 5 frigging minutes after your initial post to come to this conclusion. Where is your common sense? We used to engage in protracted dialogues with you and nothing changed, so just keep a low profile for your own good.
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
              You waited just 5 frigging minutes after your initial post to come to this conclusion. Where is your common sense? We used to engage in protracted dialogues with you and nothing changed, so just keep a low profile for your own good.
              If you know who he is and he is banned why is he still allowed to post???

Comment

Ive been offline for a few days but I will say in general that have been FAR TOO MANY threads started on Taarabt. For that reason I created a ONE dedicated Taarabt thread where anything related to him can be discussed. I cant find whats happened to it now, its probably been pushed off page 1 but I'll go and look for it and merge any more pointless Adel threads into that one.

In general the rule is that if a thread already exists on a topic to please use that one instead of creating a new one, otherwise its just spamming.

Also TheNiceGuy, are you Marshy? A lot of people strongly suspect you to be him, and you do have a strikingly similar posting style. If you admit youre him I wont ban you, unless you break the forum rules again. But I do think its fair that the mod team and posters know its you.

If youre not Marshy and the real Marshy is reading this, that does not mean you can return because you were banned for very good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  If you know who he is and he is banned why is he still allowed to post???
                  Beacuse someone infinitely kinder than me believes in giving people second chances after a while and who am I to argue with that?
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

#### off marshy you bell end

Comment

Beacuse someone infinitely kinder than me believes in giving people second chances after a while and who am I to argue with that?
                      But not to all Kirill.I'm afraid it's this double standards that not only confuses but annoys posters me included. The same with away fans posting when it clearly states there is a section for them.
                      I believe Marshy comes under this section as well anyway.
                      Is it because he livens the board so is allowed back when real Rs are banned for life.

BTW can't believe theres anyone infinitely kinder than you!!!
                      Last edited by QPRDave; 22-10-2014, 09:08 PM.

Comment

he's a fc uking bore-that should be enough reason to get shot.
                        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Ive been offline for a few days but I will say in general that have been FAR TOO MANY threads started on Taarabt. For that reason I created a ONE dedicated Taarabt thread where anything related to him can be discussed. I cant find whats happened to it now, its probably been pushed off page 1 but I'll go and look for it and merge any more pointless Adel threads into that one.

In general the rule is that if a thread already exists on a topic to please use that one instead of creating a new one, otherwise its just spamming.

Also TheNiceGuy, are you Marshy? A lot of people strongly suspect you to be him, and you do have a strikingly similar posting style. If you admit youre him I wont ban you, unless you break the forum rules again. But I do think its fair that the mod team and posters know its you.

If youre not Marshy and the real Marshy is reading this, that does not mean you can return because you were banned for very good reason.
                          So if nice guy admits he is marshy he ain't banned but if niceguy ain't marshy then marshy is banned.alrighty then.
                          "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                          London Pride is a flower that's free.
                          London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                          And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

What a tough crowd.

I didn't realise it was in that forum rules post until I double checked.

It still didn't address the question of how many threads one can create in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              But not to all Kirill.I'm afraid it's this double standards that not only confuses but annoys posters me included. The same with away fans posting when it clearly states there is a section for them.
                              I believe Marshy comes under this section as well anyway.
                              Is it because he livens the board so is allowed back when real Rs are banned for life.
                              agree...if thats the case i want vblock back-ten times the poster of marshy.
                              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                              X