And then they move to another site ?

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    http://www.london24.com/sport/footba...ning_1_3816304

And then they move to another site ?
    I didn't understand that either.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      I didn't understand that either.
      Yes, because the profit they can make on the new development without a used care showroom on it is much more than with one!

Comment

So if they're moving anyway what's the beef with QPR?

Comment

He wants to knock the club for the sake of it?
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

He wants money to get on board the ranger's plan. Let's see if these house builders buy Cargiant's pitch. I doubt whether they'll throw too much money into a plan that may never be realised. Sounds like more positioning to scare Tony into paying more dosh.
            Last edited by fisnik; 22-10-2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

So if QPR offers Cargiant enough wonga, don't tell me they won't take it. Money talks and all that.

Comment

Car Giant are in the driving seat as they do not have to move and can counter with the housing development. As far as planning goes housing talks and spectator venues as per football stadia and the rest don't actually register with planners. This way Car Giant keep their site and gain loads of cash from housing development. Who the f***needs TF and the rest of the circus.

Comment

Originally posted by gary56 View Post
                  Car Giant are in the driving seat as they do not have to move and can counter with the housing development. As far as planning goes housing talks and spectator venues as per football stadia and the rest don't actually register with planners. This way Car Giant keep their site and gain loads of cash from housing development. Who the f***needs TF and the rest of the circus.
                  There is more to developing a neighbourhood than just housing Gary. I'm sure that many can see the appeal of a new stadium, not to mention the benefit of having QPR in the borough. If QPR move 5 miles away, or something like that, it will be a big loss for the local community. I'm sure that will be part of the discussion at the council level. And I believe the council could force a compulsory purchase on Car Giant if necessary.
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                    And I believe the council could force a compulsory purchase on Car Giant if necessary.
                    dunno mate ,Spurs had major agg getting an enforced purchase order on the small businesses round WHL ,i dont reckon it would be easy trying to force a massive business like Cargiant out
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

so were staying at L.R then...
                      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Don't make me laugh. Fernandes is all talk, no way will anything happen until the on pitch problems are stabilised.
                        http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Yes DS there is more to planning than I stated but housing is always the first priority when land becomes available, as I deal with these guys all the time though on a smaller scale. Yes a CP could be taken out but this will take longer and will become a long and drawn out legal battle. As for the borough losing us I can't see us moving as I beleive that just building a stadium is not on our owners agenda as the money is in the whole development and very little return will be gained from a solitary football stadium. Of course none of what I say is first hand knowledge just one of the many scenarios and I know that this will probably be shot down in flames

Comment

Does this article actually say that they don't want the club moving there. I know it was indicated in another article that they were against it, but this article does not actually say anything. Also Mellowhoop I think you are wrong about Tony. The stadium has always been top of the agenda (even when we were in the championship). This is the main reason Philip Beard was bought in and I am sure all of the other directors find this of particular interest because of the potential. The new stadium is not just about football.

Comment

one of my question is How much of the land around this area do QPR own?
                              Housing will be a major issue, but isn't this included in the QPR plan too.

I would like to think that the club in the borough will be of interest to the deciding bodies, but it may not be as high as we wish.

I am not sure what other land options are available to QPR, but I can see this all going pear shaped and the owners getting bored and disinterested in the club.

One thing that is 99.9% certain is QPR cannot exist as a Premiership club based at Loftus Road for much longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X