the greatest gypsy that ever lived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    But did he sell us to Bulstrode 'in order to merge us with Fulham', or did he just sell QPR to Busltrode? He was advised to slow down by doctors due to ill health, which is the reason he sold up, but I'm not sure he did it for the reasons you state vespa.
    Thats what we believed at the time ,and nothing ive ever heard since has made me change that belief , its not like we were sold ,then a year or two down the line Bulstrode decided to merge us is it ?( admittedly i dont pretend to be an expert ,this is just how i remember it all ) .He was advised to slow down because of health reasons ,then promptly took over at Portsmouth.
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

tell you what......fernandes could become public enemy number one if what im hearing comes to fruition!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
        tell you what......fernandes could become public enemy number one if what im hearing comes to fruition!
        Do tell Facto!

Comment

his 'love for west ham'

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
            Come on Facto ,you cant drop that and not say what the beef is

Comment

west ham mates say he may sell up n invest in the hammers.......his true love!

Comment

Tbh the s**t he gets from a section of our fans i don't blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                  We achieved more under gregory than anyone else in our history. End of.
                  And THEN he sold Paul Goddard for next to nothing?
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Jim Gregory was a Fulham fan. Just because he became our Chairman, it doesn't mean his love of Fulham died.

For him, the merger was probably mixing the club who he did so much for with the club he loved. Of course, the fans hated it, but I can see it from his point of perspective.

I don't hold it against him though, the merger never happened. He did do so much for the club and we should always be grateful to him for that, but most of the posters here probably don't even remember him and TF is the only Chairman they have ever known.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNiceGuy View Post
                      Jim Gregory was a Fulham fan. Just because he became our Chairman, it doesn't mean his love of Fulham died.

For him, the merger was probably mixing the club who he did so much for with the club he loved. Of course, the fans hated it, but I can see it from his point of perspective.

I don't hold it against him though, the merger never happened. He did do so much for the club and we should always be grateful to him for that, but most of the posters here probably don't even remember him and TF is the only Chairman they have ever known.
                      They would have to be very new fans to only know TF as our chairman
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                        They would have to be very new fans to only know TF as our chairman
                        Well a lot of them jumped on the bandwagon in the past few years, even the ones who joined 10 years ago probably didnt follow us properly to know the likes of Paldini.

Sad how the game has changed, Jim Gregory was a proper Chairman, if Harry was doing what he is today in Gregory's time, he would have called him into his office and told him he has 24 hours to sort out this mess otherwise he is personally going to throw him out onto the street - none of this tweeting rubbish.

Comment

Thats a very sweeping comment from someone who`s only been on here five minutes

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                            Thats a very sweeping comment from someone who`s only been on here five minutes
                            Sorry, I'm old school, when I see the people today talking about TF as if he is some Messiah I just shake my head, bet most never even heard of Jim.

Comment

Sorry, I'm old school, when I see the people today talking about TF as if he is some Messiah I just shake my head, bet most never even heard of Jim.
                              you could start a poll ,and see who has heard of Jim

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                                you could start a poll ,and see who has heard of Jim
                                That Nick guy doesn't like me starting threads

Comment

Working...
                                X