two
        Kept the faith!

Comment

Well done, Petrasso and Derry.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

I think this kid could of been as good as hitchcock if old bagpuss ever gave him a chance.

Comment

Could have been? He's still very young and im sure he will get a chance to show how good he is over the next two-three seasons.
              league 1 is very different from the prem....

Comment

Originally posted by tommyqpr View Post
                Could have been? He's still very young and im sure he will get a chance to show how good he is over the next two-three seasons.
                league 1 is very different from the prem....
                I know, im just joking about cos 'hitchcock' was being called out as our savioir on here a while back, but cant even get a game at mk dons. The difference is huge, and i think it does young players good to get experience at lower league clubs. Hopefully one or two will end up in our first team.

Comment

Well done
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Really pleased for Shaun, seems he's doing a fantastic job there.

Comment

Frustrates the hell out of me that players like Petrasso ain't getting a look in. It would give the established players a boot up the a*se seeing youngster picked before them for starters. On top of that these guys will be busting a gut to make an impression and it would motivate every other youth player at the club to see someone like Petrasso get a run in a Premier League game.

Harry needs to wise up!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Frustrates the hell out of me that players like Petrasso ain't getting a look in. It would give the established players a boot up the a*se seeing youngster picked before them for starters. On top of that these guys will be busting a gut to make an impression and it would motivate every other youth player at the club to see someone like Petrasso get a run in a Premier League game.

Harry needs to wise up!
                        Untold people made the exact same posts like this saying he should of played Hitchcock. Was you in that camp?
                        Sometimes we have to realise and try to believe that people that have actually earnt a living from top class football for fifty years might know a thing or two more than us fans on a message board. (as much as we dislike him)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Untold people made the exact same posts like this saying he should of played Hitchcock. Was you in that camp?
                          Sometimes we have to realise and try to believe that people that have actually earnt a living from top class football for fifty years might know a thing or two more than us fans on a message board. (as much as we dislike him)
                          I would have given Hitchcock a run in the Championship last season given how short we were up top at times. Yeah, he wouldn't have made the grade in the long run but I'm sure he would have bust a gut trying to make an impression. He couldn't have been any worse than Zamora's performance away at Forest or the game away at Watford where we played without a striker!

Just like I would have had Harriman in the squad this season instead of not having a recognised right back........can't be any worse can it?!!! It's not like we needed to give Wright-Phillips a place in the squad anyway, is it?!!!

I appreciate what you are saying about trusting guys who have worked in football for 50 years but to be honest that is crux of the problem......I don't trust Harry, I think he's lost everything about him that made him a good manager back in the day. I also believe that Petrasso will make a top flight player based on what I've seen of him, but we'll never know until somebody gives him a game!
                          Last edited by Tarbie; 22-10-2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

There is no guarantee that just because they are young, they will bust a gut. I love the idea of youth playing, but they have to at least be on par with what is currently being used. No point playing young players, just because they are young. If they are good enough, they are old enough.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_matt View Post
                              There is no guarantee that just because they are young, they will bust a gut. I love the idea of youth playing, but they have to at least be on par with what is currently being used. No point playing young players, just because they are young. If they are good enough, they are old enough.
                              I disagree.

A player at the very start of his career will typically be working hard to make an impression. That life isn't it? Exuberance of youth and all that.

A club that doesn't blood youth players has it all wrong. It sends the wrong impression to every youth player at the club and every youth player that the club try to recruit. If you have to go back 4 or 5 seasons for the last time a player came through the ranks and got a regular game, what is going to motivate these young players to stay at the club and keep working hard?

On top of this it won't do any of the more established players any harm to see youth players getting a game. It will keep them on their toes to see people other than the old favourites getting a game.

As for "only if they're good enough".........well half the cr*p that have turned out for us in the last 3 seasons haven't been good enough so what do we have to lose?
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 22-10-2014, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X