No announcement yet.

Steven Caulker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can smell blood, next scapegoat coming up?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
      He looks out of his depth does Caulker which is strange for someone who was being watched by the top teams in the premier league last year.

If only Dunne was 5 years younger. Might not be the best at distributing the ball but knows the art of defending

And the art of scoring OGGYS!

Comment

Onouha and Caulker would be our best CB pairing, if given the chance.
        Would like to see both with Yun at LB and McCarthy in goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          I can smell blood, next scapegoat coming up?
          Have to admit Kev, expected the young Ryan Nelsen at £8m and being followed by Liverpool. Time will tell and I'm hoping a clean sheet against Villa will boost his confidence.

Comment

kaspars gorkks anyone?
            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Do you need confidence to have a physical presence at CB ?

Caulker needed only to stand up straight to attempt to block the Southampton winner.

Both Caulker and Ferdinand are too similar and "nice" to be our CB imo

If anybody has seen Caulker winning an important challenge let me know because that's what he supposed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post

Caulker needed only to stand up straight to attempt to block the Southampton winner.

If anybody has seen Caulker winning an important challenge let me know because that's what he supposed to do.
                I would say you need confidence in every position.

At the end of the day QPR have been far too open. Huge gaps in the defense and no protection from the midfielders in front. There's no way Caulker walks onto the pitch and thinks "We'll get a clean sheet today." So mentally he knows the team will concede whether he has a blinder or not.

If a Tony Pulis type manager took over we would see a different Caulker. Just look at defenders like Shawcross and Dann who look immense in a Tony Pulis defense. The gaps at the back are closed (meaning defenders only have 1 man and small zone to control) and there is more protection in front of them, which cuts out the majority of 1 on 1 positions the defenders find themselves in.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post

You need confidence to make the telling challenges - ie the ones you fly into knowing you will win/clear the ball without giving away a foul or letting the opponent get clear of you with the ball.

Comment

Caulker's stats for Cardiff last season were amongst the best in the Premiership, tackles, blocks, goals scored etc. There is no way he is not good enough for the Premiership.

And yes, confidence plays a big part in the game. Much of winning games is down to confidence and not just down to ability.

QPR have been a shambles for much of this season so far and this is damaging the players' confidence.

I know it's going over old ground again, but pre season was inept in many ways. The training, fixtures and late signings (players who hadn't trained or played pre season games were signed played in early fixtures when they clearly weren't ready i.e. Remy, Fer, Isla. Others were not really match fit because they only really got to play 45-60 minutes in pre season friendlies mostly against teams that did not provide a stern enough test in particular 2 poor German sides & 2 Irish sides.

This spilled over into the season and we now see a team short on fitness and confidence.

Comment

I would play Onuoha and Caulker, but maybe they'd be a touch naive as a pairing.

Caulker is yet another overrated English player who was expected to be a world beater. That 8M could've got on a much better player, but he's still young, so hopefully he improves significantly.

He reminds me of Samba - scored a few goals from CB for a relegated side, grabbed a few headlines and made people think he's much better than he actually is. I'd rather just go for a CB who defends well.

Comment

I've started to think he is not good enough tbh. I read a Cardiff fan writting he was cr@p with them.
                        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I did try and tell you boys hes not as good as you expected. Huge potential but clearly still needs to learn a lot.
                          Cardiff have replaced Caulker with Bruno Manga. Take a look at him in saturdays early kickoff on sky. Cracking centerback that doesnt miss a tackle or header with a huge presence about him

Comment

First impressions of caulker are that he's either very good or very bad there is no Inbetween

Have to admit to expecting more from him and thinking he is better then he was but then again all signings Vargas and Niko aside have disappointed be need to shape up

We're in a dog fight now and there is now no time for settling in with any players time to start running

Comment

Originally posted by rhysthomsonqpr View Post
                              dunne and caulker partnership i think would work best
                              At least they have both got an eye for goal...........

Comment

All players go through patches where their form dips. Maybe Caulker is having one, coinciding with joining a team low on confidence and with its defence being completely dismantled and rebuilt. Perhaps that partially explains things, and being paired with Rio has not helped. I agree that Dunne and Caulker would make a better pairing, they're not going to concede OGs like they did last week every game, and Onuoha stays on the right for the time being, with Yun on the left, that ain't bad. The best alternative is Onuoha and Caulker as CBs, with Isla RB, Yun LB.

Comment

Working...
                                X