No announcement yet.

Well Done Harry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was the performance we have been asking for. Regardless of the result, THAT was a team that wanted to give their all for 90+ mins. Commitment all around...fantastic.

Just hope we can keep that level up over the season.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      My benchmark of when we have turned the corner is when Rangers77 is happy.

Forgot the emoticon, Croydon.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        It was the performance we have been asking for. Regardless of the result, THAT was a team that wanted to give their all for 90+ mins. Commitment all around...fantastic.

Just hope we can keep that level up over the season.
        100% spot on.. That's all we ask for isn't it? A team.. commitment, passion, effort and that was exactly that.
        We play like that for the rest of the season then we will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
          Twas taken off me at the gate mate.

The stewards classed it as a "dangrous object" and would interfer with play if it fell onto the pitch.

I had to collect it after the game.

I tried to explain to the bloke it was just a bit of fun but he said as it was a tv match, they have to be extra strict on these matters.

I will try again but wont be going to the villa game.
          Hahaha thats quality mate, would love to of seen you standing there at the gate with a great big bright coloured inflatable chair..... "what? Its not what it looks like, honest"
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
            After all the abuse you got from us fans you turned it around with the performance, we lost but at least we know we can compete with any club in this league now. Forget the negative football, we're better than that as yesterday's game showed us. A few wins and we'll be back on track and I for one am starting to believe once again.
            Sorry MYU, the likes of Chelsea, City, & Arsenal will probably beat us by cricket scores. We lost to a Liverpool side who were dreadful yesterday. If they didn't have the not so super mario upfront the score would have been comfortably for them yesterday imo.
            Don't get me wrong it was a much better performance, but we are still losing games and drifting further away from the others, and with Chelsea and City on the horizon I cannot be positive yet sadly.
            @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Mine too, mate. I was delighted with the performance yesterday, especial first half, but furious with the result. Still think we're well in the woods though. But, to present another tedious trope, I can, like others, see some light at the end of the tunnel. Desperate to have Joey back. And to see what to make of Mutch. And so have Traore join Anton out of the team.
              Yes I know what you mean mate. We miss JB but there was evidence of his attitude at least yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                Sorry MYU, the likes of Chelsea, City, & Arsenal will probably beat us by cricket scores. We lost to a Liverpool side who were dreadful yesterday. If they didn't have the not so super mario upfront the score would have been comfortably for them yesterday imo.
                Don't get me wrong it was a much better performance, but we are still losing games and drifting further away from the others, and with Chelsea and City on the horizon I cannot be positive yet sadly.
                We missed many more chances than they did, Fer also missed a sitter and Super Mario proves even the best can miss.

We're not going to play Chelsea, City & Arsenal every week, and I'm sure most teams will lose against them. We play like we did and we'll win most games, that was just the first game we see this, we can only get better.

Comment

why don't we just give up against chelsea and man city , why do some posters think we've lost before a ball has been kicked

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    why don't we just give up against chelsea and man city , why do some posters think we've lost before a ball has been kicked
                    I agree with you... if you go into a game thinking you've lost, you will lose 100%.

Go into a game thinking you can beat them, you have half a chance.

Which one do you take?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      After all the abuse you got from us fans you turned it around with the performance, we lost but at least we know we can compete with any club in this league now. Forget the negative football, we're better than that as yesterday's game showed us. A few wins and we'll be back on track and I for one am starting to believe once again.
                      Good post MYU. I'm not as hopeful as you but nevertheless agree that it no longer seems hopeless. A win against Villa would be massive.
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Still need to give a good account of ourselves in away games as well.
                        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I dont know about turned it round? yes the team showed more fight but still got beat with atrocious defending, 2 up front helps the team with B.Z. up there we're then not relying on Austin to do everything,
                          3 or 4 wins unthe next 6 or 7 games then I think you could say he's turned it round

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                            Yeah, this. Our terrible start seems to have lowered expectations to the point where simply running about a bit (which ought to be the bare minimum) is being celebrated. Of course I'm happy we at least managed that, but there was still very little patterned attacking play or co-ordinated pressing. Bobby can't bully CBs every week, and we won't run into a forward as lazy as Ballotelli very often. It was an improvement but Villa is still a huge game - we can't accept mediocrity!

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                              Yeah, this. Our terrible start seems to have lowered expectations to the point where simply running about a bit (which ought to be the bare minimum) is being celebrated. Of course I'm happy we at least managed that, but there was still very little patterned attacking play or co-ordinated pressing. Bobby can't bully CBs every week, and we won't run into a forward as lazy as Ballotelli very often. It was an improvement but Villa is still a huge game - we can't accept mediocrity!

This. Bar the point about Bob.

Comment

Well done Harry, we are still bottom, another defeat and possibly 7pts adrift by the time we play on monday. Give him a new deal asap.

Comment

Working...
                                X