• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll please. Who should start up front?

Charlie by himself
    Charlie and Vargas
    Bobby and Charlie
    Bobby and Vargas

Can one of the mods please do the needful? Thanks.

Comment

Why does it have to be one or the other? Any combination of those 3 used wisely, taking each game and opponent as they come, is the way forward.

Comment

Some combination will have to start against Villa, won't it? I'm for Bob and Vargas.

Comment

Exactly, there is no single right combo of those 3, depends on the game, oppo, fitness etc. I think Vargas is a fantastic impact sub right now, to hit defences when they're tiring, but I think he needs to come on a bit earlier than the 79th minute. I would still start with Charlie and Bobby Zee for now.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Charlie and Bobby played really well together. Would stick with em and use Vargas from the bench as he is a live wire and works well against tired legs.
            This! Austin may need sitting down at some point, injuries may dictate that anyway but I think we should go with Austin and Bobby for now!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Charlie is Mr Hustle, one of the precious few on this team that seems to give a darn every time out.

Rotate all three for now; injuries will make this an easier call downstream.

The big event today, that impacts the offense, was Harry dressing down Adel. Good for Harry -- finally a flash of anger about something few managers would tolerate.

Comment

Can't believe some people want Austin to be dropped. Do you really think Zamora will always give the same efforts, be able to bully every Premier League defence for 90 minutes? After one game some people have short memories.
                Last edited by Yousef; 20-10-2014, 08:25 AM.
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Didn't think Austin did a lot wrong. Worked hard, set up a goal, hassled the defence. The goals will come.

Comment

Austin was excellent.. kept battling.

Comment

When a decent cross comes in Charlie makes a determined effort to get on the end of it.

Outside the box he seems reluctant to challenge for balls in the air and seems flat footed to Bobbys knock ons..if he still suffering with injuries I would hope Arry would rest him now Vargas has found his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        Austin was excellent.. kept battling.
                        Exactly

Comment

Linked up well with both Bobby AND Vargas.

Reckon he'll get a couple against Villa personally.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            Austin doesn't deserve to be dropped nor is he out of his depth in the Premiership. Also, Zamora isn't fit enough to start and play 70 mins each week, so why risk shattering Austin's confidence?
                            What about Vargas confidence - scoring 2 and not getting into the team

Comment

I think Charlie could be a lot leaner and quicker. Currently, he looks flabbier round the middle than Tarbs to me. Ultimately, any striker not finding the net regularly will come under intense scrutiny.

Comment

I believe that Charie will have a good season providing he gets given the chance, we'll see how it plans out.

Comment

Working...
                                X