Karl Henry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has played well to be fair to him.

Winning games is not all about playing your best players.

As a 'team' we look better with kelvin in it tbh and I was never a fan but he has converted me.
    Been 1 of our better players for a fair few games now, so credit when it's due.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
      The new holloway for me

Nothing pretty but effective
      Good shout.

Holloway was a headless chicken as a player until Wilkins got into the side.
      Henry alongside Sandro and Fer could be a decent midfield, but it will be good to have the option of calling on Barton, Krancjar and Mutch.

Apart from a few individual errors, the whole team and subs played well including Henry. Yes, he could possibly have been cynical and blocked or nudged Sterling as he broke before releasing Coutinho, but as pointed out already, perhaps he thought one of the other defending players could have done that and avoided an almost inevitable 2nd yellow.

I think now is the time for QPR to learn to be more cynical because other teams certainly are.

Comment

As I have said before we had our most consistent spell last season with him in the team. No he won't spray passes all over the park but he will win balls, close down players and put in a shift. We need that, probably even more in this division than the Championship. Based on current form should keep his place. I've always believed that if injuries or whatever let someone in and they perform it is for the other person to win their place back, not just be automatically given it once they are fit again.

Comment

Delighted to see Our Karl still proving some of the doubters wrong. I last posted here in August 2013 and said: As a Wolves fan, I'm delighted to see him doing well. He's often been unfairly portrayed: he's not the greatest footballer but he is totally honest, committed and brave. He's not a beast or an animal. He breaks up the midfield and puts in the tough tackles. One of the only players to apologise for the disgraceful football some of our team played last year. I was going to post earlier when he was getting slated but I thought I'd wait for him to put in the sort of display Wolves fans know he is capable of. I'll miss him. Hope you go straight up.

He still has a lot of fans in Wolverhampton, despite the moaners. If we'd had him on Saturday Millwall wouldn't have come back from 0-3! Hope you stay up.

Comment

Thanks Wolf....

Comment

Originally posted by Henryfan View Post
              Delighted to see Our Karl still proving some of the doubters wrong. I last posted here in August 2013 and said: As a Wolves fan, I'm delighted to see him doing well. He's often been unfairly portrayed: he's not the greatest footballer but he is totally honest, committed and brave. He's not a beast or an animal. He breaks up the midfield and puts in the tough tackles. One of the only players to apologise for the disgraceful football some of our team played last year. I was going to post earlier when he was getting slated but I thought I'd wait for him to put in the sort of display Wolves fans know he is capable of. I'll miss him. Hope you go straight up.

He still has a lot of fans in Wolverhampton, despite the moaners. If we'd had him on Saturday Millwall wouldn't have come back from 0-3! Hope you stay up.
              Good post personally I have always rated and championed him. As WeAre says its not always the best players that make the best teams its the blend that counts

Comment

Thanks for your post Henry fan.
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

He has surprised me tbf. Didn't think he was good enough for the prem but only really saw him on clips on MOTD in a poor Wolves side. Didn't look great for us in the Championship but maybe because he didn't really get a run of games to show his worth. Has looked solid since he came into the team this season.

Comment

Another decent performance tonight

Many people gave him a canning saying he was not even good enough for the squad let alone the team but hes been the main man in the middle since Barton got injured. Keep up the good work Karl

Comment

Last two games he has done his job perfectly, in the 'Barton' role. Top stuff

Comment

Another top shift put in.

Comment

Had to listen on Talksport, the two on there made it out like he was the worst footballer ever. Pleased to hear he put in another decent shift.

Comment

Karlo Henry has taken some stick over the last 12 months but this guy is going to be a legend. Hard working and a team player, Greg eat your words my son
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

A little off topic but as I was walking down to the green from the tube station Karl Henry jogged past me in full training gear... Think Harry must have him doing laps of the estate to warm up aha

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                                Karlo Henry has taken some stick over the last 12 months but this guy is going to be a legend. Hard working and a team player, Greg eat your words my son
                                One might call him 'Derry-esque'
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X