Limited movement up front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited movement up front

This was quite interesting what Taarabt said, and I do agree. Vargas is someone who can probably provide movement, but Austin and Zamora won't. We have some very creative players in midfield now in Taarabt, Fer and Kranjcar, but all these players are at their best when the strikers are making runs - we just don't have this when Austin and Zamora are playing.

“Lo Lo is a big loss for us. I remember two years ago, we played here, me and Loic.
    “Loic gives you what West Ham strikers did. He can run behind, he is fast and makes fantastic runs. For a player like me to play behind is fantastic.
    “We do not have that now, but Charlie [Austin] is working hard and giving his best.
    “We have to keep working and after two weeks we have a big game again against Liverpool.”

Agree and have always said would love to see Vargas and Adel in the same team.

Comment

In the first half no one was making runs and I think because how the team was set up. We had 5 midfielders and 1 striker. Now, whom of these players could make a run.
      Austin - is not that sort of a striker - always goes at the same speed which is not fast.
      Kranjcar - has never made runs and will not start now
      Hoillet - like to make runs with the ball at his feet - otherwise not
      Sandro - not his profession
      Henry - does not like to cross the halfway line
      Fer - have not seen enough of him but has the speed to do it

Comment

Movement comes from the game plan which we do not have. Yesterday as an example West Ham get the ball to middle of the park then put it down one of the flanks and their forwards challenge for it they done it time and time again there players know the routine and play to it there already on the move before the ball is played in that direction cause they know what's coming

We don't have a plan we just turn up and play with what appears is no prior thought, what is even more scary is that although West Ham play this way we appeared completely unprepared for it like it was a surprise to us hence why they kept turning us

Comment

not worried about abstract concepts like movement myself. i see to many midfielders moving about and running down blind alleys already this season.
          imo a team that is finding it difficult needs some simple stability with clear roles for the players. I would have the back 4 and midfield 4 play a mainly defensive solid role with Zamora+Austin up front - try to get a few clean sheets, bandofbrothers vibe, and give charlie some company. not ideal but try to crawl first then look at walking - and not try to build a team around goals from midfielders and wingers who dont look like scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
            not worried about abstract concepts like movement myself. i see to many midfielders moving about and running down blind alleys already this season.
            imo a team that is finding it difficult needs some simple stability with clear roles for the players. I would have the back 4 and midfield 4 play a mainly defensive solid role with Zamora+Austin up front - try to get a few clean sheets, bandofbrothers vibe, and give charlie some company. not ideal but try to crawl first then look at walking - and not try to build a team around goals from midfielders and wingers who dont look like scoring.
            Looking a lot better last 2 games with Zamora+Austin up top - Bobby is a natural target man, use him right and he is a class act - shoulda got Crouch so the team can play that way when Bobby was injured too

Comment

Didn't Charlie make a fantastic run for his second goal on Monday night, or did I imagine it?

Comment

Looking a lot better last 2 games with Zamora+Austin up top - Bobby is a natural target man, use him right and he is a class act - shoulda got Crouch so the team can play that way when Bobby was injured too
                Agree 100%

Taarabt is showing that he cares more about himself than the team. He wants the players who have done well dropped just so it makes him look better! (If he even get's on the pitch that is!)

Comment

Our movement has been A LOT better up front in the last 2 games.. Right now, it isn't a major issue

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    Didn't Charlie make a fantastic run for his second goal on Monday night, or did I imagine it?
                    This the same charlie Austin that some on here claim to not be good enough for the prem ?

Comment

Really think Crouch would come here to play 2nd fiddle to Bob?
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        I think Adel is talking about runs off the ball when there isnt a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                        X