A mention about our superb U21's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A mention about our superb U21's

Won AGAIN today.. Beat Leeds 2-1.. Now unbeaten in 7 and won 5 on the bounce..

Reece Grego-Cox scoring a few for them.. got 1 today and Sutherland got the other.

Steve Gallen doing a brilliant job with them.. His also the one Zamora says helped him turn his form around.

Future senior team gaffer one day?

Yep doing well, it would be great if he made the step up one day, that should be the way forward for the club, creates continuity.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

Promote em

Comment

Good stuff. Do they play the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal etc?

Comment

Blood some of them into the first team. Hardly been an issue for other clubs has it!?

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
            Good stuff. Do they play the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal etc?
            Answer is no play 2 divisions lower

Comment

Can't see the point of having a youth team. We don't give our own youth players a fair go in the first team

Comment

well done to them, any of them good enough to make the step up? as in he old saying if your good enough your old enough, especially defenders and a young hungry striker wouldnt go a miss
                seems as someone has already stated, we never seem to give them a chance

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                  Gallen doing a brilliant job with them..
                  yup, the one person on the management side displaying symptoms of tactical awareness.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    yup, the one person on the management side displaying symptoms of tactical awareness.
                    I remember in our promotion season a few years back, I was invited to a training session one day with him. I wasn't great but he invited me after I spoke to him in W12 once. He knew I was only there for the day but he made sure to ingrain a style that he wanted us to play even in me. He was an excellent coach at the time and I have no doubt he is even better now. Good on him to keep improving our youth squad even though he knows many of them might not make it and he has very limited resources to work with. Will make a great manager for the club one day I'm sure
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                    X