Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Remind me how that worked v Spurs?
    What our 2nd game in where players were still getting to know each other and the system?.... tbf I was never a fan of it, always prefered A solid back line of 4 (but that's just personal preference).... But that said considering players were brought in specifically to play that system then maybe we should try using it and give players a chance to get used to it.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I just don't think we've got the time for our players to get used to it. The fact that they looked so out of their depth v Spuds was enough for me - don't forget we played this formation every single game pre-season. We look better with a back four. The main issue is that Isla was bought primarily as a wing-back and doesn't look so good as a full back. And then there's the strange resistance Harry has to giving Yun a chance at LB. The fact is we're starting to fire, albeit intermittently, and changing back to 5-3-2 ain't the answer IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        What our 2nd game in where players were still getting to know each other and the system?.... tbf I was never a fan of it, always prefered A solid back line of 4 (but that's just personal preference).... But that said considering players were brought in specifically to play that system then maybe we should try using it and give players a chance to get used to it.
        None of the players are comfortable with it. Player power put an immediate stop to it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
          No that is not true. Hill has been our best CB for the last few years. Apart from the wayward pass last game Rio has been very good in the build up play, and that is why he is here. Problem is he has been too slow in his reactions defensively so far this season. We should go back to the 352 system and play Hill left side. It is the only way forward. I am not sure how Nedum fits in to the equation. Personally I think he is pretty bad on the ball and also has a few defensive howlers every game, so I would keep him on the bench...
          This regarding the fact that Ned's not been as good as Clint. Or the Landlord or Nelsen. He is way overrated by many on here. He should replace Anton, however. In a back three of Caulker, Onouha and Hill.

Comment

No not yet , id like to see Ned play right back and push Isla further forward

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
              My sentiments exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                Makes sense..

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  To be fair, Hill wasn't in the 3 at the back v Spurs.
                  Oi don't you go blaming Clint for that mess ...he weren't playing...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    Agree ....it's like buying a house in Venice, and then sinking your gondola!!!
                    I just think Rio has to play in a 3....

Comment

We've NEVER looked good playing 352. It's a good formation for getting the most out of poor players, but everyone needs to know their role, which in turn requires organisation and half decent management/preparation - that's never happening under Arry. No point trying to force it.

I'd be happy to see Ned RB & Isla RM though. Tell Ned to stay back and hold Rio's hand and let Traore bomb forward on the left.

I feel sorry for Ferdinand; he's well past it but our clueless board/manager/fans hyped him up as the solution to all of our defensive problems, which you can't expect from a 36 year old.

Comment

If only our manager and board were half as clever and successful at life as you eh. If i had one wish in this world, it would be that they were.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          If only our manager and board were half as clever and successful at life as you eh. If i had one wish in this world, it would be that they were.
                          There are some brilliant managers on here......we should be ok if harry does go

Comment

with midfield injuries, try

ned, caulker, rio, yun and push isla and traore up the flanks, with hoilett as back up and fer and kranjcar in the middle
                            at least its playing them in positions they WANT to play in.
                            who knows might get more out of them because of it.
                            cynical i know, but........

Comment

what should happen is that there is a vote on watrb each week and the 11 players that receive the most votes should start the next game

it would save a fortune on managers and coaches wages and then everyone would be happy

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                                Good memory .....Birmingham wasn't it?.....Don't know if it'll work for us though...Joey's been presenting us with s**t from all 4 corners of the ground
                                and nuffin!!
                                Hahaha, Yeah Brum early 90`s I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X