The second Soton goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    I think anytime a foot goes above waist height it should be a foul - it's football, not Kung Fu. I've always wondered why bicycle kicks are tolerated but I s'pose they'll always be allowed until a defender gets his physiog kicked in and then the authorities will probably ban them.
    Football has been about 125years plus and over head kicks have not caused a major problem so far and doubt it ever will

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
      Wasn´t that dangerous play?? I just wonder?
      If Caulker had tried to head it, it would have been. But he didn't so it wasn't.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
        If Caulker had tried to head it, it would have been. But he didn't so it wasn't.
        Beautifully put and so right. Steve Bruce never got his nose or looks from pulling his head out of where the boots were add to that John Terry who is a prize #### but he's prepared to take a boot in the face to prevent a goal as he demonstrated in league cup final v Arsenal.

Some defenders just want to do the pretty part of defending without the pain. Not good enough in my book

Barton Simpson and taiwo in recent memory when on the floor and the foot was flying in put their head in to prevent the ball being won

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Beautifully put and so right. Steve Bruce never got his nose or looks from pulling his head out of where the boots were add to that John Terry who is a prize #### but he's prepared to take a boot in the face to prevent a goal as he demonstrated in league cup final v Arsenal.

Some defenders just want to do the pretty part of defending without the pain. Not good enough in my book

Barton Simpson and taiwo in recent memory when on the floor and the foot was flying in put their head in to prevent the ball being won
          Exactamondos
          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
            Exactamondos
            That's what bugs me when people write Caulker done his job DK and could not have done anymore and it was a wonder goal. Yes it was good goal but it was sloppy and preventable in my book. Could we have done more to stop it dam right we could have. Caulker could have been touch tight so he never had the opportunity to turn and get shot off but he stood off and then once the ball is that high its easier to get your head to it then the player get his foot so if he tries to win the ball with his head with some conviction he might end up with a black eye but the ref blows for the foul

All comes down to how much do you want it????? on that goal Caulker never wanted it enough

Comment

Yes. I don´t know if he should have been closer, but he definitely should have gone for the ball with his head.
              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                Wasn´t that dangerous play?? I just wonder?
                no not really as it would mean every overhead kick is potentially dangerous play.

It was a fantastic goal (as was Austin's) and Southampton were by far the better side and the goal deserved to be the winner.

Comment

Prettier than Austin's goal but Austin's was more difficult to pull off.

Comment

Working...
                  X