No announcement yet.

Ferdinand and Green have to be dropped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone makes mistakes. It happens. Green was slow for their first, but he more than redeemed himself with two fantastic saves. Last week he kept us in the game. He deserves his place. Anton, however, has been persistently poor. Has cost us loads of goals and precious points. He must be dropped.

Comment

Agree about Anton.

Green is a good Championship level keeper. Let in a 45 yard free kick that bounced in front of him to open the flood gates at Man U (no joking, I would have saved that one) and any decent Premier League keeper would have saved Soton's first. Those kind of mistakes just kill you. Yes, I agree that he should be dropped too.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Not sure either goal was Greens fault yesterday, but they were both definately saveable.

Comment

Green is fine, ferdinand definitely needs to be dropped, he's a good personality signing but not a good player signing. Much to slow and long balls to no one every game aren't helping

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
            If you were analsying both goals you would look at several things, loss of possession and how quickly after that did you regain defensive shape. The angle of the attempt, i.e. how much of the goal did the keeper need to protect. Then the keeper position and at what position and height did the ball cross the goal line.

First goal, possession initially lost by Ferdinand but defense regained shape quickly so should have been able to defend it. Problem started when Phillips allowed the scorer to make a run inside him untracked, at that point it's down to the keeper. Very narrow angle so keeper probably has no more than four feet to protect and any professional keeper would be disappointed to get beaten from there.

Second goal few minor errors defensively leading up to it with players not tight enough and their angles and distances not quite right compared to their team mates positions. Ends up with a ball into the box, where the attacking player controls the ball giving himself the opportunity to shoot. To be fair not a lot Caulker can do other than hold his head for the possibility of high boot, but unlikely to get it. Then as above need to look where the ball crosses the goal line, it's approximately one meter right of centre and crosses the line at between 4 and 5 foot. Not right in the corner or high into the net. Green got beaten because a, he was flat footed and b, because he is relatively small for a keeper and doesn't have the best spring. As stated earlier in the thread a bigger better keeper would have got to it, as I have said many times won't go down as a mistake from Green but he never makes a save he shouldn't, yes some look ok but if he missed them questions would be asked.

Would ask one more question how many times does Green put himself in a position where he could assist the team but where it might make him look bad, answer never. He rarely comes for crosses and only then when there is little traffic, first goal last week being an example, floated ball into the box lands in the six yard box but he stays on his line when most keepers would come, result goal conceeded.

Fact is we have conceeded 13 goals in 6 games and that's not all down to the defense and if that continues relegation is a certainty.
            Whether people agree with you or not that is a well thought out perspective you give on the goals and I respect your opinion! I think the second goal would have taken a remarkable reaction save to be stopped if I'm honest!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

the whole 'defence' needs a shake up in hope we stumble on the right formulae!

green
              yun
              caulker
              dunne
              ned
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

I thought green sould've done better on the 1st goal also we're so stretched down the right side Isla looks like a fish out of water as a R/Back, Ferdinand shold get closer to the C/F ie all over him so its not so easy for him, think Rio probably our worst player at the moment and Caulker doesn't breed confidence, defence costing us dearly at the moment we look second rate. and i'd rest Rio for the Chief? at the moment Rio looking as bad as his brother and thats quite hard to do,

Comment

Would drop Ferdinand for Onuha, Isla for Harriman and put Yun as LB.

Green is ok but I've a feeling McCarthy will come in for Villa at home.
                  Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 29-09-2014, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Would drop Ferdinand for Onuha, Isla for Harriman and put Yun as LB.
                    sure, been blindingly obvious to everyone for ages except the out of touch management.

Three successive defeats would see Harry gone imo. I'd take that, best for the long term of the club. Too many dead men walking.
                    Last edited by hal9thou; 29-09-2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TW7R View Post
                      Plenty think the same. It's probably an evenly divided split.

Look, I'm over critical of players at times. If someone's at fault I'll slate them, but I honestly don't see why Green would get the blame for anything from yesterday.

At times I agree he's been poor. Far too many conceded for my liking from situations where he should be out taking control of his box, but yesterday was not an occasion where I thought he was to blame.

Opinions will always be divided on him. It's unfortunate for him as he's a decent keeper on the whole but we all know he's always Got an absolute clanger in him just waiting to be dropped.
                      No way evenly divided - I reckon amongst fans attending games regularly it's about 85% 15% in favour of Green. Fans favourite and rightly so. No world beater, but more than adequate for us.
                      Last edited by MattyRangers; 29-09-2014, 10:43 PM.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

If you think our problems will be solved by changing the GK then be prepared for a long season.

Comment

Working...
                        X