• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
    we made tottenham look good.
    We made Burton look good!

Comment

Some players perform well at certain grounds. Crouch has a habit of playing well at Loftus Road.

In a lot of games he has appeared pretty average, and also Charlie has youth on his side.

Everybody seems to have forgotten Charlie scored the goal in the one game we have one so far.

Comment

At least with Austin he actually wants to play for us... unlike some I'm going to stick by CA and say I'd rather him here!
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

that was stretch armstrongs first goal since march i think .

Comment

Originally posted by Guildford_R View Post
            I would have Austin all day long as he's a QPR player for one, scored over 20 goals last season which was double what crouch scored and has about 10 years left in him and can only get better.

We made crouch look good.

We have to remember we are in the prem and it's hard work where a lot of the other players are better than ours. Are we going to ask the question of all our players every Saturday? Can't we just get behind them?
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Christ anyone would have thought Crouch was something really special reading some of the posts on here, if he was that good why did we let him go in the first place, most players have a tendency to do well against their old clubs like Diame and Lampard at the weekend and Crouch has scored the massive total of 15 past 2 seasons, 8 last year and 7 the year before ( league games) so Austin all day long.

Comment

Hold on...so the guy most on here have been saying when the club is linked with him -PLEASE GOD NO! OLD SAGGY CHOPS this/that blah blah blah...why are we linked with him every window? never learn our lesson, where is our scouting system?

is now a better option than Charlie? cos he scored a goal against our shiiiite defence?

Comment

Originally posted by The Legendary No. 10 View Post
                  Christ anyone would have thought Crouch was something really special reading some of the posts on here, if he was that good why did we let him go in the first place, most players have a tendency to do well against their old clubs like Diame and Lampard at the weekend and Crouch has scored the massive total of 15 past 2 seasons, 8 last year and 7 the year before ( league games) so Austin all day long.
                  Theres no doubt he's a good play, courses problems for any defence but 15 goals in 2 seasons is just not good enough for a striker at any level IMO.
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Legendary No. 10 View Post
                    Are you saying we let him go because he was a bad player?

Comment

Those knock ons from the balls out of defence are exactly what we are missing and why we will never ever score on the break. I wanted him in the window and would still have him in jan if defoe goes to spam.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                        Hold on...so the guy most on here have been saying when the club is linked with him -PLEASE GOD NO! OLD SAGGY CHOPS this/that blah blah blah...why are we linked with him every window? never learn our lesson, where is our scouting system?

is now a better option than Charlie? cos he scored a goal against our shiiiite defence?
                        ...good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Those knock ons from the balls out of defence are exactly what we are missing and why we will never ever score on the break. I wanted him in the window and would still have him in jan if defoe goes to spam.
                          Defoe's the 1 I want here. He's a goal machine. Obviously not for the long term so only if the price is right but he could certainly prove to be vital for us.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

It doesn't matter who is up front if they don't get any service

The midfield need to be closer to Austin and we should also play to his strengths and get lots of crosses in the box

As for Defoe he would want too much money is clearly on the decline
                            We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              People are already writing off charlie, let me post some facts here for you: It took austin 6 appearances to score in the league for qpr last season, this season it took him 2. Up until now, he has had to play the lone man role up front in a new league, last year, he played with Johnson, a small pacy striker (a la vargas). Yes, crouchy had a good game, and I never have a bad word to say about him, but to suggest that at this moment in time, I wouldn't want Austin playing up front for us after just 4 matches, 2 of which were against top sides is ridiculous
                              Good post BUT the one fact you missed out is that the sages of this board actually wrote Charlie off as not being good enough for the PL after one game, yep one
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                                Good post BUT the one fact you missed out is that the sages of this board actually wrote Charlie off as not being good enough for the PL after one game, yep one
                                People here want short term success over long term, it is ridiculous to me that anyone would want crouch over Austin when a) austin is much younger, b) austin has a better goals to game record, c) Austin puts in effort in every game he plays rather than just the ones against old clubs. People have short term memory and forget that we are here because of him and only him. We had a player last season who we knew could score goals in the form of AJ and yet Austin ousted him easily once he got fully into his game. You put Austin and crouch in the box scoring into the same net and you have to choose which one shoots, I would go with austin all day long. We may have created plenty of goalscoring chances, but they were all outside the box. Give this boy a chance because he deserves it
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X