Crouch vs Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crouch vs Austin

I know who I'd prefer leading the line.. Yet many deemed Crouchy not good enough for us

He did manage to score for us this weekend
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Gave Austin an absolute lesson in forward play. Ill eat humblie pie, Crouch is exactly what we need.

Comment

Spot on. Found it hilarious that many on here were so rude about one of the most prolific England internationals since Gary Linekar as if he were a clapped out Kevin Doyle. In an ideal world I wd love us to scout a new Remy - Leicester have managed it - but if that is beyond us then we cd do a hell of a lot worse than a proven goal scorer and target man.

Comment

Dont forget we made a Man utd look like top 4 contenders. Crouch had a good game no doubt.
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
            Dont forget we made a Man utd look like top 4 contenders. Crouch had a good game no doubt.
            Exactly, we have a tendency to make players/teams look like they are amazing, when in real terms it's just our own inability to do the basics that makes them look like that.

Comment

I dont think they ever lumped the ball forward to him either

Comment

The big difference is that Stoke play towards Crouch strengths
                We Are The People.....

Comment

People are already writing off charlie, let me post some facts here for you: It took austin 6 appearances to score in the league for qpr last season, this season it took him 2. Up until now, he has had to play the lone man role up front in a new league, last year, he played with Johnson, a small pacy striker (a la vargas). Yes, crouchy had a good game, and I never have a bad word to say about him, but to suggest that at this moment in time, I wouldn't want Austin playing up front for us after just 4 matches, 2 of which were against top sides is ridiculous
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Well said Nass
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Give Austin a chance, that's all.

Comment

Made me laugh when he outpaced rio lol

Comment

Charlie is a proven goal scorer. The one major factor is he isn't getting the service.

Comment

Originally posted by Jogo View Post
                            Charlie is a proven goal scorer. The one major factor is he isn't getting the service.

Wouldn`t say no to Rodders as well though...

Comment

Originally posted by Impey0711 View Post
                              Made me laugh when he outpaced rio lol
                              With them long legs two paces and he could out run a cheetah. Crouch covered the most miles out of every player on the pitch on the stats. Well surprised me.

Comment

Working...
                              X