Possible development for the new ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible development for the new ground

TFL has launced a consultation on a proposed new tube/overground station for Old Oak Common
    https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/lon...old-oak-common

out of the options theyre laying out on there, which option would be best for new queens park?
    Rangers Til I Die
    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Id guess option A would be the best, but hopefully someone from the club will reach out about that.

Comment

I've been waiting for the Picadilly line to stop at Turnham Green since I was kid, 30 years later, still waiting. How long do these consultations take?!

Comment

Am I being simple but if your building one new Crossrail and HS2 station does it not make more sense just to incorporate overground trains from Richmond and Clapham into the new station instead of building three new stations for the sake of 350m and 650m

Comment

Did I miss something here?
            What has this got to do with QPR, as it does not mention the club or proposed ground?
            It's not asking a preference for a football stadium or used car business.

Comment

we couldnt shift 15000 home tickets foir a premier league fixture on saturday.............big new 45000 stadium.............we're avin a larf!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                Did I miss something here?
                What has this got to do with QPR, as it does not mention the club or proposed ground?
                It's not asking a preference for a football stadium or used car business.
                It just shows that the GLA seem to be showing real signs that this whole new development is really taking place with or without QPR

Comment

I think this is certainly a QPR related thread given we have an active interest in the site and infrastructure is one of the key factors I would also guess they have already decided on option three as they have tried to bring North Pole station back into use a number of times last few years

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                    I've been waiting for the Picadilly line to stop at Turnham Green since I was kid, 30 years later, still waiting. How long do these consultations take?!
                    Never understood the lazy, lazy people of Chiswick.

Get on District Line. Get off at Hammersmith. Take two steps forward. Get on Piccadilly Line. Reverse for the opposite journey.

Ruining the Picc Line schedule and inconvenience the thousands of other users because a few hipsters have the inconvenience of stopping at Ravenscourt Park?? Give over.

Rant finished.
                    Meet me by the railway tracks

Comment

the gang of four need to be heard....40000 plus stadium for us is absurd!
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                        the gang of four need to be heard....40000 plus stadium for us is absurd!
                        You're right. Let QPR stay at Loftus Road and watch other clubs take the initiative to move onwards and upwards and QPR can drop down into League 1 again.
                        40,000 may be too big right now, but if success is achieved on the pitch, the attendances will grow. Besides, part of the reason for a bigger stadium is for other football uses such as hosting internationals, plus non football events.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          You're right. Let QPR stay at Loftus Road and watch other clubs take the initiative to move onwards and upwards and QPR can drop down into League 1 again.
                          40,000 may be too big right now, but if success is achieved on the pitch, the attendances will grow. Besides, part of the reason for a bigger stadium is for other football uses such as hosting internationals, plus non football events.
                          1 )Why ,by not having a 40,000 stadium ,would we have to drop to Div 1 ? Why the scaremongering ?
                          2)Success has been achieved on the pitch ie we have returned to the Premier League,and we cant sell Loftus Rd out and even more embarrassingly ,are struggling to sell 1900 tickets for West Ham away.
                          3)Who cares about internationals and non football events ? I dont want to be surrounded by empty seats in a ground thats far to big for us ,for someonelses benefit, nothing to do with Rangers.
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

What Line would it be on

what line would it be on, Central?

Comment

It's a possible development for the area of old oak not the actual ground in itself

Comment

Working...
                              X