Stop blaming players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    It is funny here though. Last minute equaliser and best goal we have scored in yonks in a thriller really really must of annoyed most people on this forum so much. Their fingers must of been twitching and hovering over the keyboard but couldnt really ruin the party after that goal/draw, and it was like a ghost town on here saturday night apart from a few 'get rio out' threads.
    But as if like magic, three relegation faves win on sunday and their shite weekend suddenly becomes brilliant again and watrb comes alight as if qpr had lost.

A true enough post but you cant really blame people can you.. It was an uninspiring performance again on Saturday.
    And when you see teams who you would say are going to be around us, going and taking the game to these top teams and winning.. it makes our performance at home to Stoke look even more average. Especially when we have played 2 of the teams who lost yesterday (spuds and united) and got spanked by them.

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaBoy View Post
      Are you having a laugh!? we were lucky that we weren't dead and buried by half time against Stoke, Sunderland we probably deserved, Hull we were totally outplayed for the second half, Spurs and Man U gave us an absolute pasting and have subsequently both been beaten by WBA and Leicester! Who are you defending here!?!? We all love our club and care about what happens to it, can you not see that we have not been any good under Harry for 3 seasons now!? No direction, no team cohesion, no strategy, best defender on bench, the list goes on.
      "Lucky we weren't dead and buried by half time".... same as they were lucky we didn't have a minimum 2 penalties and Crouches goal was aloud??? Also NOT a second half spell where they dominated, but over the whole course of 90 mins against Hull we deserved to win!... you seem to take every bad negative point and happy to ignore any decent play we've had so far to argue your point....

don't forget this debate IS NOT about HR and his time here or me trying to defend him. Its about me thinking we're unlucky not to have 7 point by now (3 pts against Hull). And you thinking we should have less then what we've got.
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Am i the only one who thinks that the problem is not with the players?

Look at Leicester yesterday, i reckon probably 1 or 2 of their players would get in our starting 11 (based on quality/skill) but they work bloody hard for each other and for the fans sitting watching them. For too long we have blamed players, saying they dont care and that they are mercenaries etc etc. They only become like that when they sign for us! I think there is a massive culture change needs to happen at the club in particular behind the scenes if we are ever going to survive in the prem. I am not sure what Harry and his team are doing but for me until TF gets rid of them and brings in a younger manager with a more hungry team of backroom staff we are heading for relegation again!

My first choice would be Tim Sherwood.
        Welcome to the forum Tim, I'm sure Tony is reading everything here
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Lets hope so. We are lucky to have 4 points so far. I did see the game saturday, i saw heart from a few players but marking was shocking, tracking back was awful, no pressing and our only threat was long shots from Kranjcar. How can we have no threat upfront and be so poor and exposed at the back? Harry and his team, thats why!
          What are you actually on about? We are unlucky not to be on 5 or 7. We played excellently against hull and didn't deserve to lose. Played excellently against Sunderland and won, played solidly this weekend but a draw was probably right (although two stonewall penalties tells a different story). I would take your point normally but saying we are lucky to be on 4 is just poor trolling
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Are you having a laugh!? we were lucky that we weren't dead and buried by half time against Stoke, Sunderland we probably deserved, Hull we were totally outplayed for the second half, Spurs and Man U gave us an absolute pasting and have subsequently both been beaten by WBA and Leicester! Who are you defending here!?!? We all love our club and care about what happens to it, can you not see that we have not been any good under Harry for 3 seasons now!? No direction, no team cohesion, no strategy, best defender on bench, the list goes on.
            mate, im not sure if you are being totally objective yourself. probably deserved?? we were top class against sunderland. if we played like that every week, we'd be comfortably mid table.
            everyone is talking about the results on sunday, but while I am starting to have my own harry out thoughts, i reckon no ones mentioned that we beat a sunderland side who drew against tottenham
            Rangers Til I Die
            follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
              mate, im not sure if you are being totally objective yourself. probably deserved?? we were top class against sunderland. if we played like that every week, we'd be comfortably mid table.
              everyone is talking about the results on sunday, but while I am starting to have my own harry out thoughts, i reckon no ones mentioned that we beat a sunderland side who drew against tottenham
              True.. but we cant have a good performance and then a complete capitulation a week later. There is something seriously wrong when this happens and you just cannot afford to do it in this league. 1 capitulation is enough but to have another one 2 weeks later, mixed with one at Burton Albion is shocking. Its not acceptable.

Reality is, the bads outway the goods..

We've had 2 total capitulations.. lost to a league 2 side with one shot on target.. lost 1-0 at home (no matter how well we played) and had a lucky draw at home to a mid-table side who looked like they were gona stick a few past us at one stage.

The argument for HR is.. we beat Sunderland 1-0 at home and that is it.

Comment

i mean you make some very valid points, and like i said if we get nothing from soton and west ham ill be leading the harry out party.

but its more than just 'we beat sunderland 1 nil at home'. hes brought in fer, some of finest from that chilean wc team, and we've sold off a fair few more of the bad bunch. just have a look at ginger ninja's signature if you need a reminder.

while I am leaning towards 'blame the coaching staff', i also ask my fellow fans for objectivity when looking at the situation.
                Rangers Til I Die
                follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  I don't think our players are anywhere near as good as some make out on here.

What premier league sides would matty Phillips get into, Isla, Vargas, Henry etc etc????

We just have to accept that we are just a decent championship side.

Stoke will be scratching their heads wondering how they didn't beat us.
                  I fear the southampton away game and I think they will teach us about how a well drilled balance side works.
                  On one hand I think the players are good enough but the management and tactics are not.
                  On the other hand many of these players have been relegated from the Premiership before.
                  Green West Ham & QPR (although he hardly played)
                  Caulker (Cardiff)
                  Traore (QPR)
                  Mutch (Cardiff)
                  Fer (Norwich)
                  Barton (Newcastle)
                  Hoilett (Blackburn & QPR)
                  Phillips (Blackpool)
                  Didn't Ferdinand get relegated with West Ham before joining Leeds?
                  Zamora Hill Onouha Henry also got relegated.
                  Austin, Isla and Vargas are new to the Premiership.

Comment

I just think we are disjointed cos we have new players/systems bedding in. I reckon we're slowly gelling in but ultimately its Harry's job to get them clicking, working as a team and all on the same page...... We can't pee away too many games/weeks "in transition".

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      What are you actually on about? We are unlucky not to be on 5 or 7. We played excellently against hull and didn't deserve to lose. Played excellently against Sunderland and won, played solidly this weekend but a draw was probably right (although two stonewall penalties tells a different story). I would take your point normally but saying we are lucky to be on 4 is just poor trolling
                      Don't forget the 1stvwas a foul by Crouch

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        Mate Stoke should of been about 4-1 up.. Crouch missed a 1v1 and N'Zonzi should of finished his open shot in the box. Where the marking was on the Nzonzi one is beyond me!
                        That'd be Fer. He let everyone run past him all day. If Barton or Sandro can't play then Kelvin ought deputise as a DM. Fer, it seems, can only be used offensively.

Comment

Blame the management team
                          crap transfer window, weak squad. To me harry don't seem to care,

Comment

Originally posted by parm21 View Post
                            Blame the management team
                            crap transfer window, weak squad. To me harry don't seem to care,
                            "Crap transfer window".... was you saying this then or just saying it after 5 games?? (Palm to face)
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              Its been sh1te under HR.. we aint played any good football have we?

People are also forgetting going out to a league 2 team in the cup with 1 shot on target
                              We haven't played good football since Sir Les went.

This is about building a team, not buying a team.

We will stay up this season and we will be a better club next season for it.

Look at Fulham, 4 managers in a year!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                                "Crap transfer window".... was you saying this then or just saying it after 5 games?? (Palm to face)
                                well i just think we needed to sign few more, i.e. striker and cb. Sure they know what striker they want, why not sort out the deal before deadline.
                                if we had got the right players i don't think we be thinking of whats needed in jan.

Comment

Working...
                                X