Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom 3 at moment.

Palace winning

It's in May when it matters being in bottom three.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
      It's in May when it matters being in bottom three.
      Thanks for those words of wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
        Thanks for those words of wisdom.
        He does this everytime....very boring.

Comment

Where we deserve to be,can't fluke our way thru the season this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jogo View Post
            He does this everytime....very boring.
            just pointing out a fact. what's wrong with that? Sorry.

Comment

great results for us this weekend for teams around us and now Mbia is scoring goals

Comment

To put into context; we are 1 point behind Man u, 2 behind Liverpool & 4 behind last years champs - I agree not an ideal start to the season, but surly we can save the panic threads until after Christmas?
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                  To put into context; we are 1 point behind Man u, 2 behind Liverpool & 4 behind last years champs - I agree not an ideal start to the season, but surly we can save the panic threads until after Christmas?
                  Agreed, but carry on playing the way we are and I am pretty sure we will be all but down by Christmas.

Comment

Liverpool were always going to struggle this year; they did well last year due to Suarez & playing once a week, the media overrated them because of their history and Rodgers was supposedly an amazing British manager. Utd are in turmoil but will finish WAY above us.

For some real context - we lost at home to Hull, one of the poorest away teams in the league. Scraped a win at home against a shite Sunderland side. Didn't even attempt to give Utd/Spurs a game. Plus our annual league cup exit against Burton. And haven't looked even half decent during 7+hours of football.

Still, in Arry we trust etc.

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                      Liverpool were always going to struggle this year; they did well last year due to Suarez & playing once a week, the media overrated them because of their history and Rodgers was supposedly an amazing British manager. Utd are in turmoil but will finish WAY above us.

For some real context - we lost at home to Hull, one of the poorest away teams in the league. Scraped a win at home against a shite Sunderland side. Didn't even attempt to give Utd/Spurs a game. Plus our annual league cup exit against Burton. And haven't looked even half decent during 7+hours of football.

Still, in Arry we trust etc.
                      In fairness looking decent doesnt matter, its about grinding out results as palace showed at everton. I expected to get tonked at man u and spurs. Draw at home to stoke a respectable result for a team likely tb in the relegation scrap. Burton was inevitable. Only result that was a major blow was hull at home, that is the kind of result a relegated club looks back on as an "if only" moment. More worrying than the results so far is wondering what we will build a recovery around. Even burnley can point to a mean defence. Wba looked transformed by lescott coming in for olsen. Leicester have bought that elusive player - the striker who can instantly start scoring in the prem. our strength was our midfield so guess a lot depends on it getting fit and into shape.

Comment

quite agree with that Fraggy, not asking much is it.... but that might be a bridge too far for most. It's what they thrive on tbh.......imo

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                          Agreed, but carry on playing the way we are and I am pretty sure we will be all but down by Christmas.
                          That may be true Cat; but surly (especially those of us that have suffered over the decades of supporting our beloved club), can enjoy a slightly more extended honeymoon period before we start to run around cutting our wrists?
                          There is plenty of time for doom & gloom once it is mathematically impossible to stay up.

I for one take comfort in knowing that we currently sit only 5 points behind a CL position
                          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

That may be true Cat; but surly (especially those of us that have suffered over the decades of supporting our beloved club), can enjoy a slightly more extended honeymoon period before we start to run around cutting our wrists?
                            There is plenty of time for doom & gloom once it is mathematically impossible to stay up.

I for one take comfort in knowing that we currently sit only 5 points behind a CL position
                            again!!!

Comment

People saying that we are currently poor and look like relegation fodder is not panicking, it is a fair reflection of the current situation.

The situation can change, but it it what it is at present.

It is less reasonable to point out our proximity to champions league positions, even to make a point, as the champions league is not an attainable goal. Safety is, we are currently falling short.

I am not panicking, nor cutting my wrists, I hope this is clear from my intentionally rational tone.

Comment

Working...
                              X