Where does today's result show us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twranger View Post
    Oh for crying out loud, I'm trying to have a laugh that's all!!! Is that now frowned upon? (the clue's in the smiley face emoticon) Lighten up will you! It's gets far too serious at times.Jeez!
    You fail to offer anything to any thread anymore TW other then snide remarks, digs, sarcasm and unnecessary questioning . I agree with DW on this I am afraid

Comment

Ytty
      Originally posted by Nick View Post
      Answer to the original question....

1st 5 games of a season with new players is what we'll give a manager before sacking

1st 5 games decides what will happen for the rest of the season... god its going to be hard being in a relegation battle with UTD and Everton

Leicester are the bench mark team (can someone please put up the rest of their fixtures so I can keep up, cheers)

......Also learnt this weekend that players only have a couple of games to prove themselves before being dropped
      Nick it's not the 1st five games that are deciding Redknapps future. Have you forgotten he had 28 games to prevent relegation last time and couldn't do it and we ended up with a worse or very similar record as that under Hughes. Compare that to Pullis and his transformation at Palace in much less time. All we heard was it wasn't his team etc etc. well this is his team, as was the team last year. Presumably his goal last year was promotion so you would have thought he would have based his recruitment last year with future years in mind, and already had the core of a team to perform in the prem.

We didn't and so a whole new load of players are brought in and the same old excuses are rolled out. Look at Southampton they have had major disruption and have started very well. To be honest for me it isn't just the results, although bearing in mind who we have played we should have done better, it's the fact we just look shambolic.

We have no pattern of play and have tried four different formations in five games, if the manager doesn't know how he wants his team to play how are the players meant to. If a team needs to settle as you say, the best way is to choose a system of play and try to keep selection and tactics as similar as possible, something we havnt done. Redknapp continues to moan about pre season but he is responsible for that. Do you really think we look as fit as say Burnley or Leicester, we are five games in and have had three players out with hamstring strains already. Only recently Fernandes tweeted his fitness coach was giving Tarrabt nutritional advice, where is our nutrionslist?

Sorry but the buck stops with Redknapp, pretty irrelevant as Fernandes is in ore of him, as he was for a long time with Hughes. Whilst the old oak common development is still on Fernandes will hang around but don't forget he gas already had an expensive taste of sporting failure with formula one so he may have a decent history in business but sport us very different.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
        Ytty

Nick it's not the 1st five games that are deciding Redknapps future. Have you forgotten he had 28 games to prevent relegation last time and couldn't do it and we ended up with a worse or very similar record as that under Hughes. Compare that to Pullis and his transformation at Palace in much less time. All we heard was it wasn't his team etc etc. well this is his team, as was the team last year. Presumably his goal last year was promotion so you would have thought he would have based his recruitment last year with future years in mind, and already had the core of a team to perform in the prem.

We didn't and so a whole new load of players are brought in and the same old excuses are rolled out. Look at Southampton they have had major disruption and have started very well. To be honest for me it isn't just the results, although bearing in mind who we have played we should have done better, it's the fact we just look shambolic.

We have no pattern of play and have tried four different formations in five games, if the manager doesn't know how he wants his team to play how are the players meant to. If a team needs to settle as you say, the best way is to choose a system of play and try to keep selection and tactics as similar as possible, something we havnt done. Redknapp continues to moan about pre season but he is responsible for that. Do you really think we look as fit as say Burnley or Leicester, we are five games in and have had three players out with hamstring strains already. Only recently Fernandes tweeted his fitness coach was giving Tarrabt nutritional advice, where is our nutrionslist?

Sorry but the buck stops with Redknapp, pretty irrelevant as Fernandes is in ore of him, as he was for a long time with Hughes. Whilst the old oak common development is still on Fernandes will hang around but don't forget he gas already had an expensive taste of sporting failure with formula one so he may have a decent history in business but sport us very different.

Think he opted for a 3-5-2 formation this year. That´s why he bought Isla and Caulker..
        Not sure they are even playing the preferred team togther on the last training. The management seems like amateurs to me.
        Last edited by Shania; 21-09-2014, 06:52 PM.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          Think he opted for a 3-5-2 formation this year. That´s why he bought Isla and Caulker..
          I agree Shania but having done that and played it all pre season it is suicide to abandon it after one and half games.

Comment

I agree with RickyRanger.

Fernandes will not change our manager. He likes Harry and feels he has learnt from his biggest lesson was firing Warnock for Hughless part way through 2012/13. That's why a new contract is on the table.

So, we as fans have to accept what we can't change and offer advice for the sake of this forum on how we polish a stinking turd.

We have done our recruitment and I only want to see a striker, hopefully Defoe come in January.

Knee jerk reactions to heavy defeats have seen the start of a phase of confusion due to changing formations and personnel. Take the spanking at the Lane coinciding with one of the richest clubs in the world making a £2m? profit on our steady eddie right back. The very next game we go to a back 4 and Danny must have been wondering why he was sold. He was part of the band of brothers and his sale only makes sense if we 1) need the money or 2) we stick to 3-5-2 which he clearly can't play in. We've done neither. So us mere fans know this, imagine how the likes of Barton/Austin/Hill/Phillips/Green felt when he left and then we reverted to a back 4. He would be doing just as good a job as Isla in physically but probably better than when you take into account the language barrier, and the change for the players mentioned above.

I echo rickyranger's concerns and hope Harry can be bothered to earn his money at his age!

Comment

I agree Shania but having done that and played it all pre season it is suicide to abandon it after one and half games.
              Agreed!!
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Two years ago today...

Today...

It don't look good for the current regime. I pray it gets turned around in the next few games, a new management cycle means yet more upheaval for the players

Comment

I think everyone is pretty certain we have got two hammerings coming up and in two weeks will be firmly rooted to the bottom.

Comment

Ytty

Its easy to say that last seasons team should of had a core or at least players for the future but how easy is it for a newly relegated side to sign these players? Last years signings was all about promotion, and thats what happened. I feel this seasons signings have been the best this club have made for some years. Just because results arnt going our way doest change that... And the only reason these signings happened is because we're now a prem side.

I agree 100% that we need to choose a formation and stick with it. Although i'd like a strait back 4, we should probably go with 3.5.2 as thats what players were brought into play. But the funny thing is at the start of the season we played this and it didnt work out and everyone on here was crying out for a back 4, now thats not looking good everyones crying out for 3.5.2 again... and we're only 5 games in!!

Of course it falls to HR but what Im not going to do is judge HR on last season and last seasons team and last seasons tactics. Ill judge him on this season with this seasons team and this season tactics. And 5 games in is just not enough time to be sacking people...

So far we've played 5...

2 good games (Hull and Sunderland),
                    2 really bad games ( away to Spurs and UTD)
                    1 medium game (Stoke)

Personally I dont think its as bad as people are making out.
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

It isnt 'that' bad, its the standard and results of the other so called relegation teams that are making it 'that' bad and having to be adressed mate.

Comment

Its easy to say that last seasons team should of had a core or at least players for the future but how easy is it for a newly relegated side to sign these players? Last years signings was all about promotion, and thats what happened. I feel this seasons signings have been the best this club have made for some years. Just because results arnt going our way doest change that... And the only reason these signings happened is because we're now a prem side.

I agree 100% that we need to choose a formation and stick with it. Although i'd like a strait back 4, we should probably go with 3.5.2 as thats what players were brought into play. But the funny thing is at the start of the season we played this and it didnt work out and everyone on here was crying out for a back 4, now thats not looking good everyones crying out for 3.5.2 again... and we're only 5 games in!!

Of course it falls to HR but what Im not going to do is judge HR on last season and last seasons team and last seasons tactics. Ill judge him on this season with this seasons team and this season tactics. And 5 games in is just not enough time to be sacking people...

So far we've played 5...

1 medium game (Stoke)

Thing is as fans we're always going to be a bit knee jerk. Not always the same people, not always wanting the same changes, but they'll always be someone unhappy demanding changes after 1 bad performance.

Currently Harry is making formation and team selections like that. Didn't work in that game? Change it for the next. As Ricky said 4 formations in 5 games is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          It isnt 'that' bad, its the standard and results of the other so called relegation teams that are making it 'that' bad and having to be adressed mate.
                          This is a point I was making earlier Kev. If thats the logic were using we should expect to be in a relegation battle with Everton and UTD. We're 5 games in, way to early to worry about other teams!!!!!
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                            Thing is as fans we're always going to be a bit knee jerk. Not always the same people, not always wanting the same changes, but they'll always be someone unhappy demanding changes after 1 bad performance.

Currently Harry is making formation and team selections like that. Didn't work in that game? Change it for the next. As Ricky said 4 formations in 5 games is ridiculous.
                            Agree Deeps, Ive said that many times, but still its 5 games in. I know I sound like a broken record with the whole '5 games in' talk but its true. Way to early to be sacking people.... a bit like dropping players after a couple of games its just to early IMO.
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              You fail to offer anything to any thread anymore TW other then snide remarks, digs, sarcasm and unnecessary questioning . I agree with DW on this I am afraid
                              Why does everything have to be so serious ALL the time? All this in depth analysis....what's wrong with a few light hearted comments once in a while?....that's what I offer. If you or anyone see it as anything other than that, well, you have a problem or don't understand my SOH. Who's DW BTW?

Comment

So far we've played 5...

1 medium game (Stoke)

Nick you can't ignore previous season and decisions or you just keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Unfortunately that is exactly what we as a club continue to do with the very likely result being the same I.e. Relegation. I actually think we will survive but it will be close, but even if we do, we will go through the same cycle again and again.

The club needs a complete overhaul with a structure implemented from the under 7 's through to the first team, that includes recruitment and coaching. The club needs to introduce modern methods re fitness, nutrition and tactics and install a work ethic and belief that the fans can buy into.

Comment

Working...
                                X