Charlie Austin - should he be dropped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArticHoop View Post
    I have a full confidence that he will score 10+ goals this season.
    10 goals a season , so 5 by Chrimbo ? ?

We'll be relegated with 10 games to go then ............
    Last edited by NW_Hoopz; 21-09-2014, 09:27 AM.
    "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
    For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

If you look at the m.o.m post some make charlie m.o.m because he put a good shift in so to drop him would be crazy
      You Rsssssss

Comment

No, but only because Charlie is the best we've got.

It's hard to believe HR believed it would be okay to not sign a striker or two after Remy's departure, even if they were last-minute panic purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by Joon View Post

It's hard to believe HR believed it would be okay to not sign a striker or two after Remy's departure, even if they were last-minute panic purchases.
          Oh yeah panic buys make sense then we could be stuck with a steamer again we're already in trouble with the ffp rule , by the way we did try to sign Defoe at the last minute make sense to wait until January

Comment

Remy left last minute, toronto refused to let defoe join us and borini gave us a total custard pie. Proves HR did not think it would be ok to have one striker.

Comment

WAY too early to judge him, but I don´t think he is the answer if we are looking for a saviour.
              TBH, I´m not sure any fresh striker would iike the fact that he probably would get one or two chances during the entire game. ATM, he´s got to much pressure on his shoulders. Same goes to Varga..
              Thank god for NIko...
              Last edited by Shania; 21-09-2014, 11:36 AM.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Remy left last minute, toronto refused to let defoe join us and borini gave us a total custard pie. Proves HR did not think it would be ok to have one striker.
                There were alternatives to Defoe and Borini et al. which HR simply did not explore. There was not a lot of time, but I don't think HR was crystal clear on our need for an additional striker (or two), and his ambivalence (at the time) will cost us during the first half of this season.
                Last edited by Joon; 21-09-2014, 12:33 PM.

Comment

West spam want defoe now so if we are bottom come January i know what club he will pick
                  You Rsssssss

Comment

There were alternatives to Defoe and Borini et al. which HR simply did not explore. There was not a lot of time, but I don't think HR was crystal clear on our need for an additional striker (or two), and his ambivalence (at the time) will cost us during the first half of this season.
                    Yeah that was poor on Arry/the board's part.

I'd rather have Bobby/Vargas up top than Austin. This baptism of fire is gong to absolutely destroy him as a player, it's way too much pressure for a youngster needing to be eased in to this league..

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                      Yeah that was poor on Arry/the board's part.

I'd rather have Bobby/Vargas up top than Austin. This baptism of fire is gong to absolutely destroy him as a player, it's way too much pressure for a youngster needing to be eased in to this league..
                      I think he'll be ok myself seems to be made of strong stuff, as he showed after mssing that pen and then scoring the game after.

If we start giving him some opportunities he will score, I am sure of it.

That's a big "If" though I know.

Comment

No , play to his strengths with wingers and get some crosses in and he will score goals
                        We Are The People.....

Comment

This is classic rangers. Only a few weeks ago some of our more optimistic posters were predicting 20 goals from him this season. I said before the start of the season that if as a newly promoted striker he breaks into double figures that will be a good return. Now he doesnt score for a couple of weeks some are suggesting we drop him for mr nobody. Just have to stick with him and hope that come the first of jan the club has two other options ready to sign rather than dragging it out yet again.

Comment

Why drop him... we couldn't even get Remy to score.

Charlie will score but we need to give him some chances to put away. This is not a step too far for him, this is the start of a new chapter for him.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                              Why drop him... we couldn't even get Remy to score.

Charlie will score but we need to give him some chances to put away. This is not a step too far for him, this is the start of a new chapter for him.
                              Except a team nr the bottom wont/ cant create loads of chances. A striker like Austin prob only will have one chance made for them a match. A lot of the chances that strikers at our kind of club get they have to make themselves, which is why players such as shane long are under-rated by many because they chase defenders down and sneak in opportunistic goals. Charlie has to develop that side of his game more. But as above, we have no option but to play him till xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                                Except a team nr the bottom wont/ cant create loads of chances. A striker like Austin prob only will have one chance made for them a match. A lot of the chances that strikers at our kind of club get they have to make themselves, which is why players such as shane long are under-rated by many because they chase defenders down and sneak in opportunistic goals. Charlie has to develop that side of his game more. But as above, we have no option but to play him till xmas.
                                Agree. Last year he could just bully oppo defenders not this year. Doesnt have the ability to beat defenders so needs to improve his hold up play and bring others in.

Comment

Working...
                                X