Lower Loft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Loft

Had to queue for nearly 10 minutes as two turnstile were not working and missed the kick off by quite a few minuets.
    Then to be insulted by bloody jobs worth stewards, "next game no kid your not coming in you have to relocated to another seat" WTF is that all about? Hold on a minute I said "my daughter comes with me nearly all the time and today she has a kids party to go to, so you're telling me I can't sit in my own seat" Yes mate was his reply. What a joke.
    After the game quite a few of us with children went to the box office and complained, one bloke who was already inside at one of the windows was absolutely going mad he was relocated to a restricted view. To be fair to the people in the box office they did get the overall manager out to talk to quite a few people about what was going to happen. They did take on board what was being said and admitted the whole family stand has been badly managed from the start, but they are catching people week in week out getting in on kids tickets and they have got to stop it. I have had a season ticket in the Loft for the last 12 years and before that a season ticket in the west paddock for over 15 years. The family stand is a badly thought out plan by the club and is most defiantly in the wrong place and I can never remember any year from when I first started 1974 till a few years ago any family stand? Our ground is not bloody big enough. The people I go with have kids and I want to sit with them not to be displaced and possibly sit on my own if I don't have a kid in tow.
    Last edited by andover66; 20-09-2014, 06:26 PM.

the pr at qpr is abysmal!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Thing is some adults have been taking liberties in the family stand probably jibbing in with kids tickets which had caused the zero tolerance attitude. There's probably been numerous complaints from families due to bad behaving adults in the family section. It's a shame because as per usual a few p ric ks have to ruin it for everybody else

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
        Thing is some adults have been taking liberties in the family stand probably jibbing in with kids tickets which had caused the zero tolerance attitude. There's probably been numerous complaints from families due to bad behaving adults in the family section. It's a shame because as per usual a few p ric ks have to ruin it for everybody else
        totally agree, the steward was just doing his job because of liberty takers. Not sure why he would be a jobsworth for ensuring it doesn't happen again.

Comment

rude and arrogant and speaking in a aggressive tone makes him a jobs worth.

Comment

Could understand the thread and the moan and sympathise a lot more if he hadnt let you in or made you go elsewhere.

Comment

The thing is we have paid our money to sit in the seat for the year, it should have been stated at the start of the season if your child is not with you, you will be move to a available seat.
              Then we would have been happy to move our seats to a section of the ground where this wouldn't happen. Can you imagine turning up a few minutes before kick off and its a sell out what happens then? you run the risk of missing a lot of the game as they look for a seat that's available.

Comment

See what you mean, but they really have to try and stop liberties and in truth are doing that stuff to protect you and your daughter from the chance of sitting with gobby mugs mate.

Comment

I do see your point and agree with the fact the club must stop people taking the liberties. I think it needs to be thought out better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    See what you mean, but they really have to try and stop liberties and in truth are doing that stuff to protect you and your daughter from the chance of sitting with gobby mugs mate.
                    Yes because gobby mugs make football such an unpleasant experience.

I sat in the upper loft, stood in the lower as a kid and the language never did me any harm.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                      Yes because gobby mugs make football such an unpleasant experience.

I sat in the upper loft, stood in the lower as a kid and the language never did me any harm.
                      You would like your young daughter sat next to the port vale angry man yeah? Fair play to you.
                      Some people teach their five year old the railway track song, some would be horrified, the latter are the ones who chose the family stand.

Comment

This is laziness on behalf of the club. As a senior ticket holder I have been stopped more than once to verify that I am the rightful holder of the ticket. If they can do that for me they can certainly see those adults that are coming in on childrens tickets. They have the technology.
                        I purchased three tickets at the start of the season including for a child of 9. It was for 3 o'clock kick offs. I do not change the kick off times the club agrees to it so today being an early kick off due to TV schedules she had something booked that prevented her from coming. Our next two home games are now sunday and a Monday evening both of which she cannot now make not my fault not hers but for financial reasons the club have agreed to change the scheduled dates.. So forget anything else it means two games that I have paid for her seat she now cannot make but to add insult to injury I am now being told that I and my older son cannot sit in our seats. Do I get discount for being in the family stand no but now I am having to be moved to an alternative seat if available, what about sell outs, where will they put us then.
                        This is not proportionate to the problem and the club have not dealt with this in an acceptable way. They already have our money, I am not getting in for free people need to contact them to let them know how they feel.
                        No one pulls my strings 😉

Comment

I hate stewards they are bloody jobsworth all of them any off them white?
                          You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by disney hoop View Post
                            This is laziness on behalf of the club. As a senior ticket holder I have been stopped more than once to verify that I am the rightful holder of the ticket. If they can do that for me they can certainly see those adults that are coming in on childrens tickets. They have the technology.
                            I purchased three tickets at the start of the season including for a child of 9. It was for 3 o'clock kick offs. I do not change the kick off times the club agrees to it so today being an early kick off due to TV schedules she had something booked that prevented her from coming. Our next two home games are now sunday and a Monday evening both of which she cannot now make not my fault not hers but for financial reasons the club have agreed to change the scheduled dates.. So forget anything else it means two games that I have paid for her seat she now cannot make but to add insult to injury I am now being told that I and my older son cannot sit in our seats. Do I get discount for being in the family stand no but now I am having to be moved to an alternative seat if available, what about sell outs, where will they put us then.
                            This is not proportionate to the problem and the club have not dealt with this in an acceptable way. They already have our money, I am not getting in for free people need to contact them to let them know how they feel.
                            This exactly explains the issue. I want to sit in MY seat, whether or not the U16 ticket (which I paid for) is used or not. It has NO effect on the family stand whether the U16 is used or not. I have qualified to sit there as I have a season ticket

Comment

So what happens if you sell your child's seat on viagogo?

On another point what has having to queue for a few mins to get in have to do with it?

Try getting into the ER , takes a long time every game, just make sure you get there early enough . As people have said previously you are supposed to have a u16 with you to sit in the lower loft. If the kids can't make it move seats before the fixture, it's not rocket science
                              22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Working...
                              X