Green or McCarthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    The floated cross for the first goal was headed back by Crouch from 4 yards. 4 ####ING YARDS!! Any decent keep would be plucking that out the air for fun.

Give mcCarthy a go
    Have to say, i completely agree.Even worse than JC against villa a couple of seasons ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
      Sure, here you go:

"They’d been handed a warning that Sunderland wouldn’t be going quietly before the break when lone striker Steven Fletcher moved onto a cute through ball in the area and tried to turn the ball around goalkeeper Robert Green with an instinctive first time shot the keeper did superbly to read and tip away one handed."

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...2%80%93-report

"The Italian came the closest to earning his side a point but his powerful 25-yard shot was palmed away superbly by the diving Green to ensure that QPR sealed just a fifth win in 43 Premier League games."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28906777

And against Hull:

"The win would have been more emphatic had Rob Green not rushed from his line to make a fine one-on-one save from another debutant Tom Ince, who thought he’d sold the keeper to his left only for Green to thrust out a leg and divert his shot to his right away to safety. A splendid piece of goalkeeping which kept Rangers in the game."

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...defeat--report
      Thanks Stanley and whilst I would accept the save from Ince I am not sure the other two were anything special and certainly saves every other keeper would be expected to make. There again it's all about opinions. However 11 goals conceeded already and you can only find three saves of note suggest he isn't exactly setting the world alight.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Haven't seen any replays but at the game it certainly didn't jump out at me that he should have gathered it. The right side was $hit, should never have got a cross in, and then who was marking that Diouf? Nobody. Plenty of others could have prevented it, blame cannot fall squarely on Green - scapegoat type stuff.
        Agree the defending was awful for the goals, and rightly Rio and Isla are getting panned in other threads relating to that.

This thread is about Green/McCarthy, like I said, I like Greeno but it's time to give McCarthy a go.

Comment

Yesterday was a shape shot of Green in that never makes a save he shouldn't.

Their first goal a floated cross into the box that lands approx 4 yards from the goal line. A good confident keeper will come for those all day long. Green on the other hand decides to protect himself and stay on his line, that way he doesn't make a mistake but most importantly fails to protect his defense or use his advantage in that a. He will be protected by the ref ( as witnessed by their keeper who came for a very similar ball second half and got a free kick for little or nothing) and b he can use his hands giving him another 3 foot in height. Watch it again and you will see Ferdinand looking at him in disbelief even though he has clearly been fouled!

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
            Yesterday was a shape shot of Green in that never makes a save he shouldn't.

Their first goal a floated cross into the box that lands approx 4 yards from the goal line. A good confident keeper will come for those all day long. Green on the other hand decides to protect himself and stay on his line, that way he doesn't make a mistake but most importantly fails to protect his defense or use his advantage in that a. He will be protected by the ref ( as witnessed by their keeper who came for a very similar ball second half and got a free kick for little or nothing) and b he can use his hands giving him another 3 foot in height. Watch it again and you will see Ferdinand looking at him in disbelief even though he has clearly been fouled!
            Cmon ricky we all know you have it in for Green but this is just ridiculous. Just have a look at the clips of what he done for us last year
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I would and expect Harry to give McCarthy his first game in the FA Cup.
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Cmon ricky we all know you have it in for Green but this is just ridiculous. Just have a look at the clips of what he done for us last year
                Not a case of having it in for him, just think it he has been a pretty average keeper who is on the decline. Affraid I don't have favourites, just want the best team available at the time to be playing to its potential and in my opinion that doesn't include Green.

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                  I would and expect Harry to give McCarthy his first game in the FA Cup.
                  I would and expect Harry to give McCarthy his 1st game next week

Comment

You're a Scoundrel Matty a hint of sarcasm I detect

Comment

Working...
                    X