Tony Mendes - Cargiant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
    Would you sell your house for less than its worth ?
    if it went to something I truly loved and cared about and finance was not an issue for me then yes I would, as that the type of person I am. everyone Is different though

Comment

Would you sell your house for less than its worth ?
      Yes if I wanted to move somewhere nicer and was lacking offers elsewhere. The bloke is talking about other interested party's but he is making it up as he goes along. Chancer delboy like I said!
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        Disagree.. it all depends on the type of businessman you are on how you would deal with this situation.
        No sentiment in business. TF may come across all friendly and stuff. But business in Malaysia is very dirty, guarantee he's given out more then the one backhander...!

Comment

I would be doing exactly the same as him , the club seems to think the stadium is a forgone conclusion when the land isn't even owned by us and he is quite rightly reminding the club of that
          I agree I would also be doing the same as him, to make sure I got the maximum profit for me and my staff. But I would be doing excalty what QPR are doing, applying pressure, scouting the community gathering support to say were ready to move and start now. Dont give Car Gaint the time to develop a plan properly, gather support force their hand like you would in poker, either they fold or call with a low unprepared hand. I would as fast as I couldbe saying to the LGA here are the plans, here is the support from the community and the football fans, heres the money (billions from developers) now give me the CPO so we can start.

Either side I think are playing it right, depending which fence you want to sit on.
          One for all.... and all for one

Comment

if it went to something I truly loved and cared about and finance was not an issue for me then yes I would, as that the type of person I am. everyone Is different though
            Its not a black and white case of QPR good Car Giant Bad

He has a large work force of over 700 people so he is also looking after their interests as well
            We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
              No sentiment in business. TF may come across all friendly and stuff. But business in Malaysia is very dirty, guarantee he's given out more then the one backhander...!
              there is 100% sentiment in business with the correct ingredients and for me if I was Mr Mendes and QPR were involved, as my club, I would show more than sentiment. Don't be fooled into thinking you have to be a total ####### to be a businessman. I wouldn't have a problem with him if it wasn't the fact he said he was a season ticket holder and loved QPR.. Car Giants net worth is £83,000,000, with a gifted new sight and nice compensation I am sure they will be OK and do more than continue to survive!

Comment

I would put loving Rangers into the equation though.. I would accept a lower offer because its my beloved rangers. Some probably wouldn't, you obviously wouldn't but I would and I think this guy should to be honest.. No doubt he has enough money.
                He can't do that mate as he has obligations to his employees.

Comment

Some naive folk on here.

He has no ties to QPR at all apart from a fan like me & you. QPR tucked him up previously regarding some sponsorship by all accounts so I'm not surprised he's digging his heels in.

It's always struck me as odd how QPR are ploughing away with plans & sketches of a new stadium when they don't even own the land. Seems a bit bullyish to me.
                  Last edited by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit; 16-09-2014, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                    And that is why you're not a multi millionaire business man.

Business is business unfortunately. Personally I'd be thinking of me & mine before QPR.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Its not a black and white case of QPR good Car Giant Bad

He has a large work force of over 700 people so he is also looking after their interests as well
                      I didn't say it was any sort of case?

As I said above, there is no talk of them going bust here or any of their workforce going bust.. they are being given a new site, where they can continue to flourish.
                      It would also take a lot longer to build a new stadium than it would to knock up a massive forecourt and warehouse for their new property.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                        Some naive folk on here.

He has no ties to QPR at all apart from a fan like me & you. QPR tucked him up previously regarding some sponsorship by all accounts so I'm not surprised he's digging his heels in.

It's always struck me as odd how QPR are ploughing away with plans & sketches of a new stadium when they don't even own the land. Seems a bit bullyish to me.
                        I am sure Fernandes is thinking when the time is right, he will be able to snap up the land easily.. he wouldnt produce all these plans otherwise surely?

Comment

I am sure Fernandes is thinking when the time is right, he will be able to snap up the land easily.. he wouldnt produce all these plans otherwise surely?
                          Trying to strong arm Car Giant plain and simple. Problem is Mendes won't be bullied easily clearly.

Comment

We got the backing of everyone council, government the lot.They ain't gonna stop a 6billion pound regeneration of an area because of frank n pats 2nd hand car dealership. Car giant pi.s.sing in the wind on this 1. We're queens park rangers , we're build where we want.

Comment

I have no doubt the re-generation will happen and we will get it.. I just think Mendes is being a bit of a pr1ck with that statement as a QPR fan.. businessman or not.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
                                We got the backing of everyone council, government the lot.They ain't gonna stop a 6billion pound regeneration of an area because of frank n pats 2nd hand car dealership. Car giant pi.s.sing in the wind on this 1. We're queens park rangers , we're build where we want.
                                And I am sure Mr Mendes knows this, he is just trying to maximise the money he gets for his land (who can blame him). Similar to when Ahearn at Leyton Orient was making noises about them getting the Olympic Stadium, knowing full well they wouldn't get it & that it would be Wet Spam.
                                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X