Tony Mendes - Cargiant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Paranoid scenario: All this 'I love QPR' from Tony is bull - we are just a Trojan Horse for him to get this site, redevelop it, and make billions. QPR is just the convenient way in. Okay, that's totally paranoid, but there must be an element of truth in it, why else would Tony and the Mittals be on board? For the fun of funding a flailing (I meant to write flailing) Yo-Yo club with a ground that holds 18,000 to the tune of millions? Discuss.
    Why would anyone own a football club?

Comment

Paranoid scenario: All this 'I love QPR' from Tony is bull - we are just a Trojan Horse for him to get this site, redevelop it, and make billions. QPR is just the convenient way in. Okay, that's totally paranoid, but there must be an element of truth in it, why else would Tony and the Mittals be on board? For the fun of funding a flailing (I meant to write flailing) Yo-Yo club with a ground that holds 18,000 to the tune of millions? Discuss.
      The Mittals were here before Tony and they don't need his 500 million to do all this, they can and could have done it all alone.

They have seen a plot of land and had visions for the future, is that to much to take in?

I think your putting 1+1 and making 101.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
        The Mittals were here before Tony and they don't need his 500 million to do all this, they can and could have done it all alone.

They have seen a plot of land and had visions for the future, is that to much to take in?

I think your putting 1+1 and making 101.
        Er, like I said, it's the *paranoid* scenario - i.e. deliberately over the top in order to test a theory. No need to patronise me dude, and your reply: "they see a plot of land and had visions of the future'' is a bit simplistic, ain't it? And, it actually backs up what I said: they're only in this for the property angle, QPR is therefore a by-product, or, if you like a Trojan Horse, to get to that end. They are, after all, extremely smart business people...

Comment

It would be naive to think they weren't in this to make money in some way, but I hope & believe we're more than a pawn for them.

Owning a club is definitely a good way of making connections for these types, especially in this country. Just look at who owns these clubs and how they made their fortunes.

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
            It would be naive to think they weren't in this to make money in some way, but I hope & believe we're more than a pawn for them.

Owning a club is definitely a good way of making connections for these types, especially in this country. Just look at who owns these clubs and how they made their fortunes.
            No, you're probably right, TF comes across as genuine... but.... And allegedly it's a great way to launder money...

Comment

Well lets face facts, what London really needs is an even bigger car park flogging iffy second hand cars at rip off prices more than housing as recent polls have shown. That why I'm sure that the fella from car giant has the backing of the local council and Boris's mob at city hall.
              My old man was the star player for HMP Parkhurst during their successful and unbeaten 77/78 season.

Comment

Tbh like wcey said they're a joke of a company. Our fans moan about a 3.50 admin charge. Well mr mendes charges 100 pounds admin on all cars. I asked them about this hidden charge and they just said you're saving more on the price of the car you're buying. That's after offering well under the price my car was worth. In fact their offer was embracing so it's nice they're getting a taste of their own medicine. Agree with facto its a dodgy market stall flogging 2nd hand fleet cars. I would swerve them in future
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
                  We got the backing of everyone council, government the lot.They ain't gonna stop a 6billion pound regeneration of an area because of frank n pats 2nd hand car dealership. Car giant pi.s.sing in the wind on this 1. We're queens park rangers , we're build where we want.
                  Bet Spurs thought the same thing Eh ?
                  Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  If we cant beat one man and his dog over the warren farm training centre, how the fark are we going to beat the largest car company in europe?

just cannot see this going through.
                  Plenty of mileage in it yet .......... Mendes could develop his site on the back of the bigger development, be an absolute fool to deal with Fernandes IMO

That sounds like the 'gang of four' s opening post on the subject ;-}
                  "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                  For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

He's a Businessman he's just making noises so he get the best price for his land or Business .as is the sheet metal firm that are holding up Spurs new development,

Comment

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                      He's a Businessman he's just making noises so he get the best price for his land or Business .as is the sheet metal firm that are holding up Spurs new development,

oldest trick in the book.

The way people go on about tony and the mittals like they are some mugs in business is laughable. They are the best in the country and up there with the best in the world at making money, but nah, not to some watrb users, all they are is divvy mugs. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
                      This place i swear. Its deffo a parallel universe, i am certain its not the real world and hardly anybody on here is who i see walking around in the bush on match day.

"Gut feelings are with a second hand car dealer", who are known as nearly all being proper pond life who would con their own granny, on parr with estate agents and traffic wardens.
                      But obviously not as low and dodgy as our board.......People are actually siding with a car dealer over our chairmen......Love it. Absolutely love it.

Oh and you can bet your last pound mendes aint got nobody backing him to build new housing on that shithole plot in the ghetto lands, thats just more shite talk to get bigger dough and more than its worth.
                      Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 17-09-2014, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post

Oh and you can bet your last pound mendes aint got nobody backing him to build new housing on that shithole plot in the ghetto lands, thats just more shite talk to get bigger dough and more than its worth.
                        I wouldn't be so sure Kevin, Whilst Mendes is just the MD and doesn't have the funds to develop, the actual owner of Car Giant, Geoffrey Warren is worth over £200m so could probably raise whatever finances are required.

Comment

• He wont want to risk 'all' his money on ghetto housing, no way mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                            What a c*** you really are.

Fatty done you in a well balanced debate & because you don't like what you hear you start on about grooming and bites. You are no way older than 14-15 and if you are you have got a poor life ahead of you. Tard.
                            oh pipedown Jimmy and be a good girl and run along.. you have a mouth and a reaction on you on here as much as any other person so don't stick your two pennies worth in calling me a c*** ya mug.. well balanced debate? you might want to take your nose out of his a$$ hole sunshine.

Comment

• Let's get real. We can't even fill LR and in any case media rights are a far more important income stream ticket sales. We look chaotic on the pitch and have the oldest top flight manager in Europe who has a few problems of his own right now. If the worst came to the worst, we could be involved in a protracted legal battle with the FL. In addition, greater levels of indebtedness (risk to the club) would result in the event of Tracy Island becoming a reality.

What actually matters is 21st century coaching and enlightenment. That is what should be at the front of Tony's thoughts. Because that is where the income steam will come from. The alternative: a season in the conference under Facto's guidance......

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigears View Post
                                My understanding is that a CPO can be requested by a private company or a public organisation like a council, to compulsory purchase any piece of land. This happens to be 99.99% private land as almost all public land requested by this type of request is already owned by the council requesting it.

To get a CPO you need to prove to the government that it is in the best interests of the community, public and surrounding areas that what you are proposing to do. This is why the consortium are making such a big deal out of affordable homes, jobs for the area, improving the local economy as well as improving the overall community and denying this will have a detrimental effect of not doing it.

It gets interesting because Car Giant have said they have plans, and they want to develop it as they can also demonstrate the same big benefits which if thats the case will undermine the case for the CPO for there land.

So this is where the interesting point made by the QPR statement comes in where they say it needs more than just 1 land owner to cooperate, as QPR want to do a very large area, bigger than canary whaf. They have and agreed deals with British Rail, other land owners and have the cooperating and investment of a housing association. Because the CPO request could quite simply come down to "what proposal gives the best benefit, what proposal is advanced and has the financial backing and what proposal has the biggest community support.

If this is correct as it is IMO, would explain why we are being bullish and pushing forward so quickly as this would mean Car Giant may not have the time to develop there proposal, finalize all the finance / housing associations needed, pester the politicians and community for support so will put us in the driving seat. Also if Car Giant are only going to propose to develop there site and NOT other parts like the large area owned by British Rail (they as far as i understand have not open talks) this will also go against them because the development is smaller, as well as that Car Giant would also need planning permission to change the current site from industrial (thas what it is set to now) to residential if they want to put houses on it. Making this request is not easy as it sounds just to build houses to make money. QPR are getting around this by doing the very large re -development project and making other areas industrial like the stadium.

This is all IMO and i have no actual proof just what i have read and put 2 and 2 together (it could add uo to 100000 for all i know), sorry if anyone gets upset, but i find this fascinating dbate and love people thoughts and its great were involved. I do not think any action, step or move made by QPR has been amateurish i think t has been calculated and good. I also dont think any move made by Car Giant amateurish either as they have also made all the right noises they want a piece of the pie and the biggest slice they are gong a good way to get it too. Just laying down and not fighting wont get them that.
                                This is a good analysis. I do believe a strong argument can be made that building a stadium in addition to the housing will benefit the community. A new stadium will bring construction jobs and then permanent jobs at the stadium, not to mention the added tax revenue.

Comment

Working...
                                X