No announcement yet.

Niko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He gets the ball and more often than not he re-cycles it and keeps the move going. It's all a bit too slow for me though and lacking any real thrust or potency - he was picking it up quite deep a lot on Sunday with only light pressing from Utd who were mostly content to let us have ball in our third, not sure he's quick enough to be doing his thing further up the pitch with opposition getting a bit tighter to him. Frankly, he's been too fat for ages now so I can't see he's suddenly gonna get all lean and mean; what you see is what you get with Nico now I reckon.
    First thing I noticed when we went up a few years ago was how slow and unfit we looked against so many of the other teams - nothing seems to have changed much looking at Sunday.... aside from Fer and Isla, the starting XI looked a yard slower than you'd want.

Comment

Two comments:
      1. Playmakers don't have to be very fast and they usually aren't.
      2. We hardly ever shoot, so I'm very glad Niko opted to shoot and not pass. Vargas had three opportunity to score but blew away two because he did not shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        It's all a bit too slow for me though and lacking any real thrust or potency - he was picking it up quite deep a lot on Sunday with only light pressing from Utd....
        First thing I noticed when we went up a few years ago was how slow and unfit we looked against so many of the other teams - nothing seems to have changed much looking at Sunday.... aside from Fer and Isla, the starting XI looked a yard slower than you'd want.
        The entire coaching staff and manager need to be removed before we get cut adrift. Too much crap football during Harry's time, too little motivation, awful tactics far too often. No one plays for a nice old geeza like Harry anymore, you can tell they aren't motivated. You need someone who reads the modern game and will be ruthless selection wise. Nikko, Clint at LB..... jaysus....

Odds on TF is looking around already. He'd be a fool not to.
        Last edited by hal9thou; 16-09-2014, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          The entire coaching staff and manager need to be removed before we get cut adrift. Too much crap football during Harry's time, too little motivation, awful tactics far too often. No one plays for a nice old geeza like Harry anymore, you can tell they aren't motivated. You need someone who reads the modern game and will be ruthless selection wise. Nikko, Clint at LB..... jaysus....
          Well said. It's ####ing outrageous that despite all the money that's been spent on wages, fees and the like, we've still got Hill playing LB. I feel sorry for the guy, it's like asking a cabbie to land a 747.

Niko was pretty poor on the weekend. A few bad passes, got dispossessed a couple of times, and like the whole team he didn't seem bothered to actually press when Utd had the ball. Arry is ####ing insane with his love for Niko now. And it's silly as it was Arry who kept him on the bench at Spurs for years while he was at the top of his game… why does he have this desire to play Niko now?

I'd rather just stick with Adel, he's tens times the player going forward that Kranjcar is and with some decent coaching there's no reason he can't do his job defensively.

Comment

No wonder why Adel wants to leave.

Comment

I thought he was alright, face it, not many were good on the day! He was spraying the ball around a bit, some of the passes were off the mark but it was encouraging and I have to think he'll be a useful player in the squad at times!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Have not been a fan of Nico since he joined us last year but think on Sunday he was the best out of a bad bunch,tried to do some different things n did put some effort in,wish the same could be said about Fer,his performance was atrocious,lazy & disinterested - just what my Norwich city mates said he would be most of the time.

Comment

Another MOTM, quite surprisingly.

Comment

Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
                    His shooting has always been terrible and he shoots far too many times when there are players free in the box (this is last season). Think this will continue and why I think he is the worst signing for this season

Comment

Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
                      His shooting has always been terrible and he shoots far too many times when there are players free in the box (this is last season). Think this will continue and why I think he is the worst signing for this season
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I can't believe some off you're coments, he was by far our best player today, so what he lost possession a few times, he was the only one with any drive all the others i would stop thete wages, isla philips to bob
                        You Rsssssss

Comment

There were two plums sitting behind me in R block ( row x seats 51 and 52) who slagged Niko off from the start

It was relentless all game and after he scored I turned and said is he still our worse player now and they both replied that he was s h i t

Who needs fans like this? T w a t s
                          22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

They must be blind mate or pig ignorant
                            You Rsssssss

Comment

Working...
                            X