Niko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niko

I think he had a good game. Kept the ball well, good passing, wanted to shoot and score.

Lost possession a few times, early on, but maybe a bit of ring-rustiness was to be expected when you consider that he hasn't played in a decent, competitive game since May.
    Lost his man for the Herrera goal, but when you ask an attacking midfielder to be a defensive one, these things can happen.
    Wasn't afraid to have a shot.
    Should have been played higher up the pitch.
    Linked up well with Vargas.

Yes, I CAN be critical of him, you know!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lurker View Post
      Lost possession a few times, early on, but maybe a bit of ring-rustiness was to be expected when you consider that he hasn't played in a decent, competitive game since May.
      Lost his man for the Herrera goal, but when you ask an attacking midfielder to be a defensive one, these things can happen.
      Wasn't afraid to have a shot.
      Should have been played higher up the pitch.
      Linked up well with Vargas.

Yes, I CAN be critical of him, you know!
      Agreed, he´s not a player who you would expect to do a defensive job. Have to say he showed glimpses of how tricky he used to be in his prime... more to come from him playing an attacking role in a 3-5-2 system maybe? Thumbs up.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

He was one of the few positives. He has class in him and he tried.

Comment

Will be interesting to see how quick he is now he has lost a few pounds.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Played very deep today as we were defending pretty much the whole game. Definitely a lot fitter. Will see more of what he's about next week vs Stoke.
            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              Well, he might move around more, but he's unlikely to get any quicker, is he?

The ability to run fast isn't really something you can learn. Either you can do it or you can't. Niko is never going to be Gareth Bale, no matter how many pounds he loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                He's still as mobile as a lamp post. So not best suited for a game in which we've only a chance on the break. Best play him in the middle next to Sandro when Joey's not available so he can pass and not have to run.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  He's still as mobile as a lamp post. So not best suited for a game in which we've only a chance on the break. Best play him in the middle next to Sandro when Joey's not available so he can pass and not have to run.
                  Think you are spot on!!
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Good on the ball woeful off it, better off playing Taarabt

Comment

Niko will come good. He would be more effective against bottom half sides.
                      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

reminds me of demis roussas for some weird reason!
                        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

His shooting has always been terrible and he shoots far too many times when there are players free in the box (this is last season). Think this will continue and why I think he is the worst signing for this season
                          'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
                            His shooting has always been terrible and he shoots far too many times when there are players free in the box (this is last season). Think this will continue and why I think he is the worst signing for this season
                            I don't know what you have been smoking but I think he has pretty good shooting, tends to be near enough always on target, better than most of our players.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I thought there were a couple of times in the Utd game where he took the wrong option and elected to shoot. If you pass up the opportunity to play someone else in and have a go, you have to get it on target at least.

Comment

Working...
                              X