Rio Ferdinand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
    Yep cant really argue with any of that 77... still think know matter what formation we go for we need to stick with it for a few weeks and give the players time to adapt to it and get used to the players around them.... If we go with the WATRB logic of dropping everyone after a bad game there will no doubt be a lot of uncertainty amongst the players and also lot of confidence lose amongst the players...
    Very much agree with that. Said in another thread that we ought go back to three at the back and stick to it- and the same players- Caulker, Ferdinand and Hill, Isla and Yun wing backs- for a decent run of games.

Comment

• Harry Redknapp has backed Rio Ferdinand in the wake of another poor defensive performance by QPR.

The 35-year-old centre-back was given problems by Peter Crouch in Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Stoke at Loftus Road, where Rangers were once again unconvincing at the back.

But Redknapp insists he has no concerns about Ferdinand, who played under him as a youngster at West Ham and left Manchester United during the summer after 12 years at Old Trafford.
      Redknapp was keen to sign Ferdinand

The Rangers boss said: “Rio’s fine – I’ve got no problems with Rio.

“When he takes his time, people want him to kick it. He ain’t never going to boot it up the pitch.

“He plays – he’s a footballer. You wouldn’t see Franz Beckenbauer or Bobby Moore booting it up the field, they would like to play.

“He’s looking for people to come and show for the ball so he can play it to them. That’s what I encouraged him to do when he was 14, so I’m not going to change now.”
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        Harry Redknapp has backed Rio Ferdinand in the wake of another poor defensive performance by QPR.

The 35-year-old centre-back was given problems by Peter Crouch in Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Stoke at Loftus Road, where Rangers were once again unconvincing at the back.

But Redknapp insists he has no concerns about Ferdinand, who played under him as a youngster at West Ham and left Manchester United during the summer after 12 years at Old Trafford.

“When he takes his time, people want him to kick it. He ain’t never going to boot it up the pitch.

“He plays – he’s a footballer. You wouldn’t see Franz Beckenbauer or Bobby Moore booting it up the field, they would like to play.

“He’s looking for people to come and show for the ball so he can play it to them. That’s what I encouraged him to do when he was 14, so I’m not going to change now.”
        Redknapp seems more clueless with every quote
        We Are The People.....

Comment

• the problem is rio is taking so much time he ends up being the last man playing on side, no challanging attackers, failing to anticipate etc etc etc its not about passing the ball out you dilusional tw at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
            Redknapp seems more clueless with every quote
            my last comment was aimed at harry mate, not you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Yep cant really argue with any of that 77... still think know matter what formation we go for we need to stick with it for a few weeks and give the players time to adapt to it and get used to the players around them.... If we go with the WATRB logic of dropping everyone after a bad game there will no doubt be a lot of uncertainty amongst the players and also lot of confidence lose amongst the players...
              Its not just 1 bad game though is it , he has had 5 games and has cost us goals in 4 of them

We need to start Onuoha for a run of games and give him a chance

Ferdinand should seriously look at retiring but then again he wont sell as many "5" baseball caps retired will he
              We Are The People.....

Comment

the problem is rio is taking so much time he ends up being the last man playing on side, no challanging attackers, failing to anticipate etc etc etc its not about passing the ball out you dilusional tw at.
                Totally agree loads of people can see that apart from the person who matters !!
                We Are The People.....

Comment

• Both Dunne & Hill were dropped for making a mistake, Rio has made more than any other QPR player. Harry do the right thing and give Ned his chance now, Rio is not the same player he was, he's getting older and losing his pace and marker.

Comment

• I think there is too much sentiment there with Harry's view on Rio.

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      Both Dunne & Hill were dropped for making a mistake, Rio has made more than any other QPR player. Harry do the right thing and give Ned his chance now, Rio is not the same player he was, he's getting older and losing his pace and marker.
                      A lot of people knew that before we signed him
                      We Are The People.....

Comment

• He ain’t never going to boot it up the pitch.
                        What? He loves an aimless long ball..!!!

Comment

Harry Redknapp has backed Rio Ferdinand in the wake of another poor defensive performance by QPR.

Translation: Rio's my mate. I like him so I won't drop him. Joe Jordan's my mate. Kevin Bond's my mate. Glen Hoddle's my mate. I like to have my mates around me. We're all earning a fortune, so what's the problem? That Tony Fernandes, he's my mate. He keeps on giving me and my mates more money. What's not to like. It's triffic and if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            Translation: Rio's my mate. I like him so I won't drop him. Joe Jordan's my mate. Kevin Bond's my mate. Glen Hoddle's my mate. I like to have my mates around me. We're all earning a fortune, so what's the problem? That Tony Fernandes, he's my mate. He keeps on giving me and my mates more money. What's not to like. It's triffic and if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                              Someone PLEASE save this thread.

Gonna be dishing out massive slices of humble pie to some for sure.

Class is permanent.
                              Thought I'd bump this one up as we've had a chance to see a few games.
                              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Hope his form picks up as its clear HR aint going to drop him. This seasons R.Dunne. Rather than rest/rotate him looks like HR is going to flog him to death.
                                Last edited by Burnside; 22-09-2014, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X