Originally Posted by lymehoop
    think the club have been magnificent getting a site so close to Loftus Road
    CarGiant have sold up??
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Many thanks indeed Tracy, your excellent report is very much appreciated.

Think this is a massive step forward for the club and a real sign of the board's ambition. Like all fans I am hugely sentimental for Loftus Rd having been going since the late-ish seventies as a small kid but this provides the only long-term future if we are serious about becoming a force in the Premier League.

Re the question about ownership: its a quirk of our legal system but you don't have to own land to slap in a planning application. You cd, for instance, put in a planning application to demolish and re-build your neighbour's house. Doesn't mean that your neighbour has to sell it to you and let you do it, but the council makes a decision purely on planning policy as to whether they would support such a proposal.

Personally I find it odd that the club has not gained agreement from Car Giant first. If we have lobbied successfully its possible that our scheme is accepted and any alternative - presumably much smaller - scheme they suggest would be rejected almost automatically. That will massively reduce the value of their land and they would be under pressure to sell to us. However, that is long term and they cd try to hold the club to ransom by spinning it out (potentially over several years). My take for what it is worth is that probably after a lot of posturing there will be a compromise and Car Giant will be brought in as junior partners in the redevelopment or else sell out to us at a hefty price but that the commercial realities will force through the project one way or another. This is a significant chunk of NW London that will be re-generated and from the mayor down (of whatever political colour) there will be a desire to get this done.
    Last edited by stainrodisalegend; 04-09-2014 at 09:32 PM.

If it takes a decade or two i wont be complaining

Originally Posted by lymehoop
    think the club have been magnificent getting a
    site so close to Loftus Road
    Originally Posted by Kirill
    CarGiant have sold up??
    Correct Kirill, plenty of mileage in this saga yet.

Wouldn't like to second guess who's going to win the game of foot stomping & shouting .

I see the project has it's own website too, and fans are invited to have their say: www.new-queens-park.co.uk

Fabulous summary Tracy, thanks for taking the time to go to the meeting and post the summary for us.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

9. Default

Originally Posted by Hoopsmad
    If it takes a decade or two i wont be complaining
    You don't half sound like someone who used to post on here then got banned. Can't quite remember the name but I think he was an original member of the gang of four.

Have you ever posted under another name?

Originally Posted by QPR Richard
    You don't half sound like someone who used to post on here then got banned. Can't quite remember the name but I think he was an original member of the gang of four.

Have you ever posted under another name?
    No mate not me, i dont do foursomes.