Borini delighted to snub QPR for Liverpool stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Just read it start to finish Buffalo.......load of tosh in my opinion. Defending a bloke who would rather waste his career in the reserves than move to a smaller club where he would play. Justifying his reasons for wanting to treble his salary. Nonsense in my book, the guy is a mercenary and embodies everything that's wrong with modern day football!
    Understand if that's your opinion. Many others share it, I have no doubt.

I don't buy everything that has been said about the situation so I am probably somewhere on the fence about him. I guess that it's easier to think that he is a scheming greedy mercenary than that he is a pretty naive 23-year old who, rightly or wrongly, would rather stay at one of England's biggest football clubs than go to little old us or Sunderland, regardless of whether he plays regularly or not. And I have to question what advice he has been given as his agent sounds like a right piece of work too.

Comment

Cant even get in a Liverpool team with no strikers they would rather play without a front man then select him great career choice by the lad

Comment

..... Dirty cash.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Equally I can see why he didn't want to risk getting relegation. Not saying we.'re going down but if we do does he move clubs, move house etc??

If we were a secure Premier League side like Everton then yeah, why would you turn that down
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Think we have to go for hungry players With something to prove. I hope Our scots have some-one who fills that bracket in mind for Harry (and us.)
            Last edited by Shania; 14-12-2014, 03:33 PM.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              Think we have to go for hungry players With something to prove. I hope Our scots have some-one who fills that bracket in mind for Harry (and us.)
              How many Scots do we have Shania?
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I hope we don't go back and try signing him again.
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                  How many Scots do we have Shania?
                  Matt Phillips
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                    I hope we don't go back and try signing him again.
                    Not sure we were ever genuinely in for Borini in the first place Yousef. I heard a few stories from pretty close to the club straight after the window closed that suggested there was a lot more to this bid than made it into the press!

I'm pretty certain he is not someone we will see at Loftus Road any time soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      heard a few stories from pretty close to the club straight after the window closed that suggested there was a lot more to this bid than made it into the press!
                      Care to elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                        Care to elaborate?
                        Think back to the week before we bid for Borini and all that nonsense with Liverpool and the Loic Remy transfer, supposed failed medical etc. Obviously this eventually led to us losing Remy to Chelsea on deadline day for a smaller fee. What transpired is that it wasn't a failed medical at all, in fact Liverpool pulled the plug on Remy because they were offered Mario Balotelli after they had shook hands on a deal with us for Remy.

Borini was in Sunderland's sights until we attempted to hijack the deal on deadline day. Obviously neither deal came to fruition and Liverpool have been left paying Borini's wages whilst he has been kicking his heels in the reserves.

One of those things, or a bit of well deserved retribution for Liverpool?!! All rumours to be fair but I can see the logic behind it!
                        Last edited by Tarbie; 15-12-2014, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Bullet well and truly dodged
                          I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
                            Bullet well and truly dodged
                            Just as well as we don't need anymore players like that in the squad, to hard to get rid of them on high wages.

Comment

15 minutes today: red card. Good career choice it seems.
                              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Working...
                              X