No announcement yet.

But where will the goals come from ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But where will the goals come from ...

Everywhere.
    We finally have a squad with goalscorers in every position, we have Austin, vargas up front, Phillips, hoillett as wide scorers, Kranjcar, Taarabt as attacking midfield options, fer, barton, mutch and sandro can all score goals. Caulker and ned have a tendency to score from corners. Even our wing backs have scored a few. Add to that the creativity in our midfield, I'm sure our goalscorers will have the opportunity to score plenty of goals.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

I totally agree but you do know certain posters like to panic. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Everywhere.
      We finally have a squad with goalscorers in every position, we have Austin, vargas up front, Phillips, hoillett as wide scorers, Kranjcar, Taarabt as attacking midfield options, fer, barton, mutch and sandro can all score goals. Caulker and ned have a tendency to score from corners. Even our wing backs have scored a few. Add to that the creativity in our midfield, I'm sure our goalscorers will have the opportunity to score plenty of goals.
      Hmmmm. Sandro can't score goals (three in eighty one appearances for Spurs); Barton got three last year; Ned's two goals last year can't be called a tendency; caulker scored nine goals in five years, which is good for a CB, but he s not a goalscorer you can rely in; Fer seemingly averages a goal every ten games; Isla's only scored six goals in his career; Traore????

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Hmmmm. Sandro can't score goals (three in eighty one appearances for Spurs); Barton got three last year; Ned's two goals last year can't be called a tendency; caulker scored nine goals in five years, which is good for a CB, but he s not a goalscorer you can rely in; Fer seemingly averages a goal every ten games; Isla's only scored six goals in his career; Traore????
        The voice of reason steps in and half empties my glass, the rotten b@st@rd!

Comment

Stop it 77 with your sensible post. I was getting all excited thinking we were going to break some sort of goal scoring record..... starting with a hatrick from Rio against UTD.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Sorry lads. Bobby will start, play ninety minutes and score the winner at OT..... I actually think, provided we get a striker in in January and Charlie stays healthy and steps up to the premiership plate (which I hope he will), we should be OK.

Comment

And to this post - which completely demolished the original argument - there will be no reply...

Comment

Everywhere.
                need a little more reality and a little less Fifa 14

Comment

We've yet to see the cut of Vargas' jib. He could be a revelatory breath of fresh air, or just average.

We'll know a great deal more in a month's time than we do now.

Comment

OK, here are the goal scoring stats of Vargas. For Chile, scores for fun. Domestically, nine goals in the previous three seasons...

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
                    2006–2009 Cobreloa 49 (10)
                    2010–2012 Universidad de Chile 54 (19)
                    2012– Napoli 19 (0)
                    2013 → Grêmio (loan) 17 (6)
                    2014 → Valencia (loan) 17 (3)
                    2014– → Queens Park Rangers (loan) 0 (0)
                    National team‡
                    2009 Chile U20 6 (4)
                    2010– Chile 34 (15)

Comment

Why do people seem to prefer to moan than give it a few games and see how we go?

Same people predicted Sunderland would win last weekend.... Same people wrote off fer after 1 game...

Sometimes I wonder if certain posters would prefer a happy twisted sense of vindication if we struggle more than they would enjoy mid table safety,

Comment

We better sing a new song...defend,defend defend-defend-defend!!
                        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                          Why do people seem to prefer to moan than give it a few games and see how we go?

Same people predicted Sunderland would win last weekend.... Same people wrote off fer after 1 game...

Sometimes I wonder if certain posters would prefer a happy twisted sense of vindication if we struggle more than they would enjoy mid table safety,
                          So is it moaning to quote statistics?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            OK, here are the goal scoring stats of Vargas. For Chile, scores for fun. Domestically, nine goals in the previous three seasons...

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
                            2006–2009 Cobreloa 49 (10)
                            2010–2012 Universidad de Chile 54 (19)
                            2012– Napoli 19 (0)
                            2013 → Grêmio (loan) 17 (6)
                            2014 → Valencia (loan) 17 (3)
                            2014– → Queens Park Rangers (loan) 0 (0)
                            National team‡
                            2009 Chile U20 6 (4)
                            2010– Chile 34 (15)
                            Need to look at the Chillean International setup versus the club setup to see why there's such a disparity. I'm sure 'Arry's on it as we speak!

Comment

Everywhere.
                              I think we do ok til jan. But have to disagree with some of the players you mentions. Hoillett and Phillips barely scored in Championship and still waiting for them to score in Prem. Granted 3 games in. I think Fer could help out with some goals. If we get the old Taarabt back then that will help ease the pressure on Austin and Vargas. So I think the key is which Taarabt we get.
                              'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X