Proper screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper screwed

I thought we would have needed an additional striker before Remy deserted us, we didn't get a replacement, let alone an additional striker.
    By the time we get a chance to add to the strikeforce it will be too late.

I was so angry and disappointed when the Borini deal fell through, not that he was the answer to our prayers and would net 25 goals a season, and I thought the fee was a tad high, but just to get someone in through the door to do a job up front.

We are left with Bobby and Charlie, both have had injury concerns in the past and probably will both miss games this term. Mark my words that we will line up with either Niko or the fat Moroccan up front on their tods this season.

Now I know we didn't want to get taken to the cleaners like before and get some overpaid journeyman without a care in, but I think we may have gone too far the other way. I blame Hughes for this over reaction, as he brought all the overpriced toe rags in before.

Where was the back up plan?, we didn't get Defoe or Borini, but what about Hooper or any of the other 84 strikers linked with us in recent weeks? Even an untried youngster from lower leagues, just someone who may just find the net a few times if the others aren't fit.

I'm just gutted that after all we did to get out of the Championship, we'll have to do it all over again next season.

I keep saying harry is has thick has **** a striker was must well before remy scum left sorry just hate him for going there and i though tf had brains to i know he dont want to get stung again and mugged off but hooper would have done he would not have been a panic buy cos we have been after him before so i am left gutted to and lets pray charlie stays fit
    You Rsssssss

Comment

you must be joking?! Borini seems exactly the type of bloke which caused all the trouble in recent years, someone who only cares about money.
      Harry also tried hard to get Defoe but Toronto wouldn't let it happen.

Comment

Wouldn't you 2 be better off watching football at Fulham Broadway ?
        Last edited by dogsrrs; 02-09-2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I was fuming yesterday but having slept on it I think well be fine until January . The midfield is so good now that there will be goals in it and Vargas is a class act lets not forget that . Chaz I think will do ok too. Totally agree that it's a bit of a **** up and can't quite believe we haven't added a striker when it's been so glaringly obvious it's frightening . It is what it is though and there are far worst teams in the division than us . Well be ok

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
            I keep saying harry is has thick has **** a striker was must well before remy scum left sorry just hate him for going there and i though tf had brains to i know he dont want to get stung again and mugged off but hooper would have done he would not have been a panic buy cos we have been after him before so i am left gutted to and lets pray charlie stays fit
            Could someone translate this for me please?

Comment

Best tell harry and the players to leave it this season then....
              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

I think Fargas being brought in was some kind of Insurance against Remy leaving.

Comment

The OP is such an embarrassment of contradictions.
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

your as thick as harry r if you dont understand that
                    You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
                      Even an untried youngster from lower leagues, just someone who may just find the net a few times if the others aren't fit.
                      surely we have some strikers in the reserve squad. a la Tom Hitchcock types. im not saying that they are the answer, but im pointing out that if you are to include buying an untried youngster from league 2 in your solutions part of your rant, why not have 1 of our kids on standby?

FWIW, i agree in large part to your post. wouldve been nice to get someone as cover. even like a Helguson back or something.
                      Last edited by ArthurQPR_NYC; 02-09-2014, 02:33 PM.
                      Rangers Til I Die
                      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Buddy... Pal... we have 5 effectively available first team strikers: Austin, Zamora, Vargas, Taarabt, Phillips.
                        These will more than carry us through to January, especially with goalscoring midfielders a la Fer, Kranjcar, Mutch even barton's free kicks and hoilett may even get a few in. Even the Beast can smash in a sweet long shot. Caulker chips in with corner goals and with Kranjcar able to deliver, we will probably do well in set pieces for once. I'm sure we will be fine. I asked Harry yesterday at the stadium if he was going to bring someone in January and he said we will for sure go back in for Defoe, The only reason we pulled out being that the club had their play offs now and needed him there.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                          your as thick as harry r if you dont understand that
                          I'll take that as quite a compliment then. I'm sure Harry knows how to use punctuation at least.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Buddy... Pal... we have 5 effectively available first team strikers: Austin, Zamora, Vargas, Taarabt, Phillips.
                            These will more than carry us through to January, especially with goalscoring midfielders a la Fer, Kranjcar, Mutch even barton's free kicks and hoilett may even get a few in. Even the Beast can smash in a sweet long shot. Caulker chips in with corner goals and with Kranjcar able to deliver, we will probably do well in set pieces for once. I'm sure we will be fine. I asked Harry yesterday at the stadium if he was going to bring someone in January and he said we will for sure go back in for Defoe, The only reason we pulled out being that the club had their play offs now and needed him there.
                            Green might bag a couple if he comes up for the odd corner but I'm not banking on it, I don't think we'll score any less than we're used to

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                              Green might bag a couple if he comes up for the odd corner but I'm not banking on it, I don't think we'll score any less than we're used to

Let's keep it real. To coin a phrase, it's gonna be difficult, it's hard, it's gonna be tough.

Comment

Working...
                              X