X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok bamber
    You Rsssssss

Comment

The midfield will have to weigh in with some goals. If they play like they did saturday we have a good chance of being outside the bottom 3 in january

Comment

We have become a bit of a spoilt bunch haven't we?

I would have liked an additional striker but on the whole our business has been very good in this transfer window. Harry and the board deserve a pat on the back (and a lot on here know that I haven't been rushing to give Harry praise since he's been here). Personally I think that Austin with Bobby as back up as well as Vargas, Taarabt & Hoilett who have all played up top before will do us just fine if we are playing 1 up front. From what Fernandes said yesterday Defoe will probably join us in January anyway.....that's only 15 Premier League games away and we're out of the cup already!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          The midfield will have to weigh in with some goals. If they play like they did saturday we have a good chance of being outside the bottom 3 in january
          We wont be in the bottom 3 come January IMO.

I think we'll get enough goals even if they come in 1s..... with our new look defence and midfield I think we have a good chance of getting enough clean sheets to see us through.... 1-0 is still 3 points, just because we won't be banging them in every week doesn't mean we won't be picking up points. Also if/when we lose, as long as we keep the goals against down that will also make a huge difference as goal difference could prove to play a massive part in how the table looks.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Take 17th at seasons finish and reckon we got more than half a chance at not being one of the three worse teams this year.

Comment

We have Zamora, Austin, Vargas who can play up top. We will probably change to 4-2-3-1 if we want to maximise our midfield. It's not the best but to be complaining to this extent is pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                ... we have 5 effectively available first team strikers: Austin, Zamora, Vargas, Taarabt, Phillips.
                nasser mate, honest question do you seriously view philips as a goal threat?

personally for me, im starting to get more and more impatient with him. he was terrible at spurs (as they all were), by all accounts he was awful at burton, and most importantly he was the only player on saturday i dont think had a good game (not saying he had a bad one).
                i think his next bad performance and ill be on the anti matty crowd.
                Rangers Til I Die
                follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post

Let's keep it real. To coin a phrase, it's gonna be difficult, it's hard, it's gonna be tough.
                  It will be difficult and tough, I don't expect to see many goals this will be in keeping with QPR under Redknapp. How many games have ended with the QPR score as 0 under his charge. off the top of my head I can say around 50% of the Premiership games and at least 25% in the championship.

2012/13 Sunderland, Newcastle, Liverpool (2), Spurs, Man City, Norwich, Man Utd, Reading, Arsenal.
                  2013/14 Brighton (2), Wigan, Burnley, Leicester (2), Forest, Watford, Sheff Weds, Blackburn (2),
                  2014/15 Hull Spurs

That's 23 games.

It will not be easy, but QPR do have a few decent players in defence and midfield to win enough points to keep in with a chance of attracting Defoe in January. Plauers like Mutch, Barton, Fer, Sandro, Hoilett, Taarabt, Phillips, Caulker are capable of adding a few goals to those that Austin (and maybe Zamora and Vargas) will score.
                  Last edited by stanistheman; 02-09-2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    It will be difficult and tough, I don't expect to see many goals this will be in keeping with QPR under Redknapp. How many games have ended with the QPR score as 0 under his charge. off the top of my head I can say around 50% of the Premiership games and at least 25% in the championship.

2012/13 Sunderland, Newcastle, Liverpool (2), Spurs, Man City, Norwich, Man Utd, Reading, Arsenal.
                    2013/14 Brighton (2), Wigan, Burnley, Leicester (2), Forest, Watford, Sheff Weds, Blackburn (2),
                    2014/15 Hull Spurs

That's 23 games.

It will not be easy, but QPR do have a few decent players in defence and midfield to win enough points to keep in with a chance of attracting Defoe in January. Plauers like Mutch, Barton, Fer, Sandro, Hoilett, Taarabt, Phillips, Caulker are capable of adding a few goals to those that Austin (and maybe Zamora and Vargas) will score.
                    A legitimate concern but I saw what I perceived to be "the Hoddle influence" against Sunderland and I'm hopeful that will continue. We were much more adventurous going forward than we have been in the last couple of years and that should result in more goals.
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      It will not be easy, but QPR do have a few decent players in defence and midfield to win enough points to keep in with a chance of attracting Defoe in January. Plauers like Mutch, Barton, Fer, Sandro, Hoilett, Taarabt, Phillips, Caulker are capable of adding a few goals .
                      Lots of people saying that our midfield will weigh in with a few goals this season, I thought I would see how many goals the above named have sored in the prem. 58 between them in 787 appearances. 1 every 13.5 games.

I think we really could have done with another striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
                        Lots of people saying that our midfield will weigh in with a few goals this season, I thought I would see how many goals the above named have sored in the prem. 58 between them in 787 appearances. 1 every 13.5 games.

We'll be fine.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...-be-staying-up!

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post

I'm sure we all agree that we could have done with another striker. Ideally a proven PL scorer like Remy but if we had brought in a Borini type of striker (not really a big scorer) surely he would have been on the bench when we play with one up front. So, playing with one up front we do have a good first eleven with Charlie and Bobby taking the lead striker role: that extra striker would probably have been for added depth and competition for places rather than for making our first eleven stronger.

You've named 8 players above at an average of 3 goals per season (maybe more if you factor in that some of the historical "appearances" were not 90 mins). That's 24 goals. Add in a dozen from Charlie and a dozen from Bobby and Vargas combined, that gives us 48 goals. And doesn't Clint Hill score every once in a while? And Nedum? On paper, it looks as though we could hit 50 goals if things simply go according to the historical stats and of course if Charlie meets expectations this season. We are not in bad shape now that Vargas is on board but even so, I agree, we do need another striker.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyqpr View Post
                            you must be joking?! Borini seems exactly the type of bloke which caused all the trouble in recent years, someone who only cares about money.
                            Harry also tried hard to get Defoe but Toronto wouldn't let it happen.
                            Very happy with what we have done this window shame on Defoe but he will play for in jan
                            TWITTER
                            @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
                            Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                              nasser mate, honest question do you seriously view philips as a goal threat?

personally for me, im starting to get more and more impatient with him. he was terrible at spurs (as they all were), by all accounts he was awful at burton, and most importantly he was the only player on saturday i dont think had a good game (not saying he had a bad one).
                              i think his next bad performance and ill be on the anti matty crowd.
                              I think he will chip in with a couple but more assists than goals
                              TWITTER
                              @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
                              Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                                Based on what?

Of the 5 strikers people keep going on about, Taarabt is not really a striker and went off the boil ages ago, Phillips doesn't score many goals and Bobby was hopeless for the most part in the Championship, so not pinning any hopes on him in the prem.

Our inability to score goals almost cost us a play off place last year, and cost us relegation the year before.....so I'm just interested in why people think we'll be ok?
                                Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

Comment

Working...
                                X