Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said in other thread jonas from Valencia is on a free

Comment

I also mentioned Chu-Young Park (Monaco, Arsenal) who is a free agent now. Probably good for about 10 - 15 goals when in form.

Comment

We only have Austin

Zamora is shite & injuired all the time

Vargas is a foward not striker

Austin goes injuired & we'll struggle. Amazed Harry let that happen with his experience. Should of at least got a loan
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Hoilett and Tarbs as a false 9 if needed
          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
            Hoilett and Tarbs as a false 9 if needed
            False being the operative word there, as there is no chance either of them can play centre forward.

Phillips is the best alternative QPR have if Austin, and Zamora get injured. Vargas (when he gets a work permit) is not a centre forward but an attacker who plays in the role behind one.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              False being the operative word there, as there is no chance either of them can play centre forward.

Phillips is the best alternative QPR have if Austin, and Zamora get injured. Vargas (when he gets a work permit) is not a centre forward but an attacker who plays in the role behind one.
              Not sure you're giving Vargas enough credit - he often plays as one of a pair up front for Chile. I think he could easily be as well suited as Phillips. We shall likely see though.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                We only have Austin

Zamora is shite & injuired all the time

Vargas is a foward not striker

Austin goes injuired & we'll struggle. Amazed Harry let that happen with his experience. Should of at least got a loan
                Bobby hasn't been injured since March. I see no reason why he can't do ninety minutes if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Bobby hasn't been injured since March. I see no reason why he can't do ninety minutes if needed.
                  Around Waitrose with his carer, maybe, not so sure he would last round a football pitch (and I say that as someone who will always be grateful for THAT goal...).

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    Around Waitrose with his carer, maybe, not so sure he would last round a football pitch (and I say that as someone who will always be grateful for THAT goal...).
                    There's no evidence for that. Played ninety minutes in a friendly. Is now injury free as far as I know You probably wouldn't want to rely on his being a regular starter, sure, but if needs must. His hip problem is sorted. He's looked lively and mobile when coming off the bench.

Comment

There's no evidence for that. Played ninety minutes in a friendly. Is now injury free as far as I know You probably wouldn't want to rely on his being a regular starter, sure, but if needs must. His hip problem is sorted. He's looked lively and mobile when coming off the bench.
                      Hope you are right mate. Harry said when he re-signed Bobby that the player recognised he was just an off the bench player now but there will prob be games until Jan where he does have to start. We will soon find out if he is up to it I guess.

Comment

If we stick to 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 (don't think was have players for 3-5-2) we have two good goalies, decent defence, potentially very good midfield so lots of positives in squad. However upfront is a problem. I'm not convinced Hoilett, Adel or Phillips can shoot straight so can imagine lots of movement, chances and misses. Ideally we should look to sign a freebie, even if just a lump to hold ball up or aim crosses at. Not ideal, particularly at Premiership level, but we are vulnerable with the limited numbers we have available upfront.

Whilst I applaud club getting so close to signing Borini and Defoe we should have also aimed a bit lower to ensure we had at least someone else to fall back on.

Comment

I see no reason why he can't do ninety minutes if needed.
                          Jaysus Krist..... it's come to this! Seriously I'll give you 5/1 against that he doesn't do 90m, place the stake of your choice in escrow with Facto!

He literally can not run around for 90m, as pointed by Harry pre Derby. There's more chance of Adel playing up top for 90m......

Jonas fingers crossed...

Comment

The thread title is a lie. We don't have options!!!
                            'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                              Hope you are right mate. Harry said when he re-signed Bobby that the player recognised he was just an off the bench player now but there will prob be games until Jan where he does have to start. We will soon find out if he is up to it I guess.
                              I hadn't heard that comment, Stainrod. I suppose Harry then thought he'd be fourth choice behind Austin, Remy and he Ajax guy!!!! As I say he looks lively to me. Stamina can't be a problem if he's injury free.... But, as you say, we'll see.

Comment

Personally I can't see Bobby playing a full 90mins in the premiership. But that aside the question is would you risk playing him for a full 90mins?.... I'd rather stick 1 of the midfielder's up front.
                                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                                X