Niko interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niko interview

Surprised to see him so emotional. You can tell he really wants to play for the club and he mentioned "back home" a couple of times. Seen a few people slagging him off on twitter and thats 100% unjustified. The lad put his world cup on the line to get us promoted and took a 66 percent wage cut to play for us again. Must say that it seems that the board have learnt from their mistakes, in terms of signings the right players, and hopefully that'll pay off throughout the season. At the end of the day we have done an exceptional transfer window and managed to pull off some major coups. I am partly agreeing with those who suggests that we should have signed another striker, but I am confident we'll compensate that with the creativity we have attracted in the midfield. About Borini, to quote Dave MC ''better to sign no-one than wrong player. Just work hard.''- wise words from him. Cheerio

Wasn't happy when hearing he was re signing but in fairness to him he looks fit & hungry & the fact he's taken a 66% pay cut to join speaks volumes. Never doubted his attitude or ability merely his fitness & he now looks on top of that.

Another good signing by the board.

Comment

Agree with all of that. Think he will pleasantly surprise a few.

Comment

I've slagged him off a few times because of his fitness. But looks proper slimed down and his passion to play for us is for all to see in the interview. Talent has always been there so I hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

Comes across well, time to get behind him.

Comment

Don't think he likes it in Kiev. Was a good interview he gave. Basically the main thing is being happy rather than the money.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
              Don't think he likes it in Kiev. Was a good interview he gave. Basically the main thing is being happy rather than the money.
              that's weird... why would he not like it living in a country that is being invaded, is bankrupt, has brought back conscription and isn't paying wages?

Comment

They always talk the talk. Based on player interviews we should be Champions League winners ... every year.
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Shrine View Post
                  that's weird... why would he not like it living in a country that is being invaded, is bankrupt, has brought back conscription and isn't paying wages?
                  And only 80 miles from Chernobyl......

Comment

we all know these maverick style players are hit and miss but there will be a few occasions he'll turn it on and make the difference

glad to see him back, we need some flair and maybe Hoddle will help Niko become a more influential player

Comment

Hoping Hoddle will be the difference this time in Niko's performances and attitude.

Comment

Nice to hear a player say he really wants to play for us in these times; did he take a 66% cut in his wages or a 33% cut?
                        I thought Harry said that he cut his wage demand by a third to come back to us, but maybe I misheard.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                          Nice to hear a player say he really wants to play for us in these times; did he take a 66% cut in his wages or a 33% cut?
                          I thought Harry said that he cut his wage demand by a third to come back to us, but maybe I misheard.
                          Heard Harry said he's on a third of the wage he was on.

Comment

Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post
                            we all know these maverick style players are hit and miss but there will be a few occasions he'll turn it on and make the difference
                            Didn't see enough of it in the champs so i hope that is the case

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                              I'm with you, that's what I heard. Then again, Harry has been known to get a bit confused about large quantities of cash...

Comment

Working...
                              X