Go get jonas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
    As mentioned in another thread, I read online that; "Clubs do not have to name a full squad of 25 if they do not have that many contracted players and in this case they can add free agents outside the transfer window. However if they have 25 eligible contracted players, they must be named."

If that rule is correct, since we have 25 eligible contracted players (not including Ale Faurlin), we cannot leave a gap in the 25.

Like most, I would like to see, for example, SWP left out so that we can get a free agent striker in but I'm not sure it's that simple. The club also has to consider the number of "home grown" players in the 25. I'm not saying that will be an issue but it may be one factor why the club don't always go for the "obvious" targets that are often pointed out on here.
    Dump SWP - pay him off and open a spot for someone who can actually contribute to the team.

Comment

There's also Park Chu-young. Had a crappy time at Arsenal, but got a 1 in 3 ratio at international level and, I suspect, wouldn't be looking at huge wages

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
        Someone should tweet TF, I still think we will get Diarra this way also?
        If Diarra was a free agent when the transfer window was shut the we would have him signed already. Players made free agents after the window was shut will have to wait until January to be registered!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          If Diarra was a free agent when the transfer window was shut the we would have him signed already. Players made free agents after the window was shut will have to wait until January to be registered!
          Really?
          Kept the faith!

Comment

More on Jonas. There are rumours but I can't find anything from clubs / agent / player.

Because of the way it's all panned out, this could be the most important piece of business we do between promotion and January. Does anyone know if we have made inquiries? Here's massively hoping......

Comment

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
              I'd take him on a 6 months deal with the option for longer based on seeing him on SKY a few times and Football manager

If we're signing someone to be 3rd choice striker though I'd prefer we got a kid off another Premier League side
              Haha....THAT is priceless !

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                More on Jonas. There are rumours but I can't find anything from clubs / agent / player.

Because of the way it's all panned out, this could be the most important piece of business we do between promotion and January. Does anyone know if we have made inquiries? Here's massively hoping......
                We can't sign any more players now before January. We have our 25-man squad - that's it.

Comment

Great Song!

Comment

Yeah the phone call may have gone something like this.... "Hi, we've named our 25 man squad already, which cant be changed, but thought we'd waste time making enquiries about you, even though we couldn't include you in said squad until January"

Why is it some people don't get it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                      Why is it some people don't get it.....
                      At the time of the post I wasn't aware we had submitted a full 25. I also wasn't aware about the implications of naming less than 25 and making up with a free agent. It has subsequently turned out that we could have done just that but would have had to pay off SWP etc.

Some might argue that paying off, naming a squad of 24 and bringing in Jonas as a free agent would have been long term gold........... but as pointed out elsewhere by others there would have been more than one contract to buy out.
                      Last edited by hal9thou; 04-09-2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

At the time of the post I wasn't aware we had submitted a full 25. I also wasn't aware, and neither was anyone else, about the implications of naming less than 25 and making up with a free agent. OK?
                        I was and already posted reasons in this and other threads why we couldn't name fewer than 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                          I was and already posted reasons in this and other threads why we couldn't name fewer than 25.
                          Post cross over alert - I have just read that and edited ;)........

Comment

Comment

Gus Poyet has doggedly persisted in his pursuit of Jonas and has today offered him a contract, according to a report on Not606 (Sunderland).
                              Wonder how that could work.... Could it be that they had only 24 contracted players at their club? Hardly seems believable, but we could have done with him, too late now...

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                                Gus Poyet has doggedly persisted in his pursuit of Jonas and has today offered him a contract, according to a report on Not606 (Sunderland).
                                Wonder how that could work.... Could it be that they had only 24 contracted players at their club? Hardly seems believable, but we could have done with him, too late now...
                                They actually only named 21 so still have room for more.

They obviously only have 21 contracted senior players. They have 44 "under 21" players.

Comment

Working...
                                X