The 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    We have 3 stikers and we know zamora will pick up injuries. If we sign another midfielder then it will be a disgrace. I really am giving up with this same bloo dy argument each year
    Think he was suggesting that we can hopefully pick up a striker on a free
    I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
      Think he was suggesting that we can hopefully pick up a striker on a free
      No he suggested another midfielder in diarra anyway not having a pop at west just can't believe we have this same issue each year
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I read it as "Hopefully we can sign a free agent striker who has fallen out with their club like Diarra did" not "Let's sign Diarra"
        I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

We have 3 stikers and we know zamora will pick up injuries. If we sign another midfielder then it will be a disgrace. I really am giving up with this same bloo dy argument each year
          I dont mean sign Diarra Im using him as an example of a player without a club so if a striker who we think can do a job is without a club we can still sign them

Comment

Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
            I read it as "Hopefully we can sign a free agent striker who has fallen out with their club like Diarra did" not "Let's sign Diarra"
            As Pie Said using Diarra as example

Comment

You're right and I am wrong. Too early in the morning.

Don't get me wrong I am a big tony fan and I know Sandro will be an excellent signing, however not to address the striker issue and once again waste majority of the time on Defoe (yet again)!, I think was extremely naive. Tony sometimes needs to point harry is the right direction because althought his fascination with his old players works sometimes this was a time where we need a 2nd target.

I'd also go as far to say I think we were never in for Borini. Again tony doing it for the media coverage. There was not a chance in hell we would spend 13m on 1 player. It puts the club in the spot light however and it does make good business sense. 90k wasn't the sticking point as we wouldn't even offered him half the wages with that transfer fee.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                As Pie Said using Diarra as example
                I read it wrong apologies

Comment

You're right and I am wrong. Too early in the morning.

Don't get me wrong I am a big tony fan and I know Sandro will be an excellent signing, however not to address the striker issue and once again waste majority of the time on Defoe (yet again)!, I think was extremely naive. Tony sometimes needs to point harry is the right direction because althought his fascination with his old players works sometimes this was a time where we need a 2nd target.

I'd also go as far to say I think we were never in for Borini. Again tony doing it for the media coverage. There was not a chance in hell we would spend 13m on 1 player. It puts the club in the spot light however and it does make good business sense. 90k wasn't the sticking point as we wouldn't even offered him half the wages with that transfer fee.
                  I think Harry thought Remy would be staying and to lose him 24 hours before the window closed really made it hard for us to get a replacement. In an ideal world, Remy would have stayed or gone earlier to give us more time to react

Comment

I read it wrong apologies
                    No apologies needed WeAre easiliy done

Comment

I believe we've got till midnight tonight to get a loan in. So maybe a fwd will come from there.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                        I believe we've got till midnight tonight to get a loan in. So maybe a fwd will come from there.
                        Are you sure? I don't think that's right.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                          Are you sure? I don't think that's right.
                          I think you've got 24 hours after the window closes to name your squad - and you can still get loans in.

Comment

I think you've got 24 hours after the window closes to name your squad - and you can still get loans in.
                            Hmmm. I've been looking into the rules for the last couple of days and haven't seen that anywhere. Once the window shuts, that's it for all transfers, loans included*. Happy to be corrected though.

* except emergency loans or free agents, provided there is room in your 25.

Comment

That's good if true. We certainly need another striker IMO. Although we have a very attacking side now we cant rely on other players for goals. And if injuries do happen (very likely with Austin and Zamora) we'll end up playing player's out of position (playing midfielder's as strikers) relying on the midfielder's for the goals.

I'm still left confused as to why we never even approached player's like Hooper, Crouch etc even for a short term deal. Maybe that'll happen tonight for loans? Maybe that would have been classed as 'panic buying'? The thing that was so obvious to everyone was that Remy was going to leave, but yet we still didn't have any real back ups, that's what I cant get my head around.

But I do think our defence and midfield is the strongest it's been for year's and that's why I think we'll be ok.... overall a very very good transfer window for us.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Wonder if any decent strikers in the youth team... Could end up having to rely on one at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X