• Show
Clear All

• Deadline is 1am with a 2 hour extension

As long as the club applies.

It's not over yet..

That's what they said on SSN.

Have they left LR yet?

Comment

Harry is tucked up with Sandra, Rosie (and probably Niko as well...).

Comment

It is over, confirmed by Harry and Tony

Comment

Diarra might still happen if he can get himself out of his contract.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

I think we've done really well, shame about Defoe, he wanted to come and play for us.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              Harry is tucked up with Sandra, Rosie (and probably Niko as well...).
              Hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                That's what they said on SSN.

Have they left LR yet?

The evil side of me hopes that the Welbeck and Falcao deals dont go through as that would be a laugh with Sky going on about it all day. Not that I'm bitter or anything because apart from not getting a striker we have done well this window. I just think the whole window thing is a bit of a circus highlighting player/agent greed. The only real highlight for me was Natalie Sawer and the hope that Chelsea scum outside HQ got done.
                Oh and welcome the Beast!

Comment

Overall an excellent transfer window. Some quality young players and quality more experienced players, one having lost about 20% of his body weight.

Not at all convinced about our Adel, but let's see if he can deliver when called upon.

A tad disappointing to yet again mess up the striker situation. Seems as though we do it on purpose.

The one thing that confuses me the most though is the complete and utter stupidity from whoever was responsible, in finding out only this evening what Borini's wage demands supposedly were. Not fussed about missing out on him at all as his record is mediocre at best, but surely we must have had an idea well before now.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    Overall an excellent transfer window. Some quality young players and quality more experienced players, one having lost about 20% of his body weight.

Not at all convinced about our Adel, but let's see if he can deliver when called upon.

A tad disappointing to yet again mess up the striker situation. Seems as though we do it on purpose.

The one thing that confuses me the most though is the complete and utter stupidity from whoever was responsible, in finding out only this evening what Borini's wage demands supposedly were. Not fussed about missing out on him at all as his record is mediocre at best, but surely we must have had an idea well before now.
                    Surely you discuss wages before medical right?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      Surely you discuss wages before medical right?
                      I would have thought so in order to save the cost and time of a medical and to allow time to switch targets.

It goes a bit like this:

What is your pay expectation?
                      80k pw.
                      We offer 40
                      No I want 80
                      Ok, no deal.

Comment

Don't need anymore players. Let's concentrate on who we've got & knuckle right down. Needed a striker yes but in Vargas, Austin, Zamora & attacking players like Phillips, Taarabt & Fer who can score I think we'll be ok. Get to January sign Defoe for the run in & all will be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                          Don't need anymore players. Let's concentrate on who we've got & knuckle right down. Needed a striker yes but in Vargas, Austin, Zamora & attacking players like Phillips, Taarabt & Fer who can score I think we'll be ok. Get to January sign Defoe for the run in & all will be good.
                          Agree with you, we should have enough quality in the squad to keep us safe till January.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Not fussed about missing out on him at all as his record is mediocre at best, but surely we must have had an idea well before now.
                            Correct. I'm not sure if having one out and out striker capable of playing 90m in this league constitutes an 'excellent' window (and as detailed elsewhere other options have been available) but Borini was not the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              I would have thought so in order to save the cost and time of a medical and to allow time to switch targets.

It goes a bit like this:

What is your pay expectation?
                              80k pw.
                              We offer 40
                              No I want 80
                              Ok, no deal.
                              But do we not have to have an offer accepted by the players club before we can get permission to even talk to him?

Comment

Working...
                              X