Massive pressure on Charlie now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive pressure on Charlie now

To bang in the goals. I'm confident he's up to it but just pray to god that he doesn't get injured.

Everyone's banging on about signing a striker, we have Vargas! Can play out wide or off the striker...but is predominantly a striker!
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
      Everyone's banging on about signing a striker, we have Vargas! Can play out wide or off the striker...but is predominantly a striker!
      Exactly. Gonna surprise a few I reckon. When he turns up....

Comment

Hope Vargas has some pace as Charlie isn't the quickest, if the opposition pushes us up near the half way line we need someone with pace to run in behind which may have to be Hoilett and push them back.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
          To bang in the goals. I'm confident he's up to it but just pray to god that he doesn't get injured.
          Same as you, I don't question his ability, its just the injuries that worry me... a lot of pressure on 1 person not to get injured.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

He's 5'9" and doesn't play as a lone striker. Cant rely on him doing well there in the Prem,.

Arry has really put us in the **** through his relentless pursuit of Defoe IMO. He's on 90k a week, old, injured, unlikely to take a pay cut and at a club he went to only 6months ago. Why waste time chasing him?

Fingers crossed we get someone else in last minute, cos we're riding our luck as things stand. Hooper for 5M seems a no-brainer now.

Comment

I'm counting Vargas, and it still leaves us very short of cover, Charlie is an injury-risk, and Bobby can really only be relied on for 20 minute cameos.

It's as risky if not more so than 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                I'm counting Vargas, and it still leaves us very short of cover, Charlie is an injury-risk, and Bobby can really only be relied on for 20 minute cameos.

It's as risky if not more so than 2 years ago.
                If the worst was to happen and they all get injured, we've still got Hoilett and Tarbs who can operate the false 9 position.
                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

We just got to hope the next four month he's stay fit. He got his 1st goal, wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing him banging goals in from now on. Bear in mind we can still look to sign a few more on loans in the next few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by w12dave View Post
                    We just got to hope the next four month he's stay fit. He got his 1st goal, wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing him banging goals in from now on. Bear in mind we can still look to sign a few more on loans in the next few weeks
                    No, we can't. The loan window doesn't apply to Premier League clubs.

Comment

One up front from now on I suspect. That'll put paid to three at the back. Booby, should something happen to Charlie, could do ninety mins. He was restricted when injured and as far as I know he's not injured now. That pesky Remy has let us down big time. He's an unreliable illegitimate child......

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        One up front from now on I suspect. That'll put paid to three at the back. Booby, should something happen to Charlie, could do ninety mins. He was restricted when injured and as far as I know he's not injured now. That pesky Remy has let us down big time. He's an unreliable illegitimate child......
                        Blessing in disguise...!

Comment

Remy is gone now, our best option upfront is Charlie.

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                            He's 5'9" and doesn't play as a lone striker. Cant rely on him doing well there in the Prem,.

Arry has really put us in the **** through his relentless pursuit of Defoe IMO. He's on 90k a week, old, injured, unlikely to take a pay cut and at a club he went to only 6months ago. Why waste time chasing him?

Fingers crossed we get someone else in last minute, cos we're riding our luck as things stand. Hooper for 5M seems a no-brainer now.
                            yeah lets get hooper who was **** poor last season, we have 3 strikers thats fine and a few who can play that role whats the big deal?

Comment

No more pressure then there was at the start of the season, massive pressure on players who have never played in this league to preform, biggest jump of all.

Comment

Working...
                              X