Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by qpr View Post
    Cannot believe we didn't even get a loan signing. Awful from HR
    After this transfer window, youre still disappointed?
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post
      What!! The club should be applauded for the players they have signed, the money grabbing players like borini they haven't signed. The only disappointment is that SWP is still with us!
      Great post.

S-W-P....O-U-T!!

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr View Post
        Cannot believe we didn't even get a loan signing. Awful from HR
        We have a good enough squad, great work by HR!
        Kept the faith!

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post
          What!! The club should be applauded for the players they have signed, the money grabbing players like borini they haven't signed. The only disappointment is that SWP is still with us!
          Spot on.

Comment

• I was expecting another striker. Maybe the Remy transfer came to late in the transfer window and that was Harry's biggest headache. Apart from us missing on another striker, the players that joined looks ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
              Maybe the Remy transfer came to late in the transfer window
              It was predictable enough. At the end of all the comings and goings we have one out and out striker capable of playing 90m. That's the bottom line. Personally I don't rate Borini and therefore imo not signing him was reasonable. However plenty of strikers around the 10m mark and under have been available at different times throughout the summer. 10m was what D.Moscow wanted for Alexander Kokorin who looks to be the real deal - scored one of the best world cup goals and has netted 26 times in his last 50 appearances for them. Age 23. And then there were plenty of suspects nearer to home. Defoe might be available at some point, TF mentioned January but what if Charlie gets injured?

Other deadline day business.... Sandro has injury problems, well documented, so fingers crossed. Nikko has loads of miles on the clock. Another triffic player in his time.....

Comment

• Some people are never happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                  Some people are never happy.
                  I'll be thrilled if everything works out. Doing good business for the club isn't really about being happy or sad. It's about facts and the striker situation as described is factual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    we now find ourselves in this situation because remy decided to fark off with a day left in the window. harry and tony who both said they never saw that coming obviously never prepared for that eventuality.

lessons still need to be learned. im sure we will be fine and get through till the january window.
                    Right on Hits. Borini would have been the difference between staying up and going down? Not bloody likely! Too many drama queens on here throwing out made up numbers of goals we have to score to survive. So far we've got one and it earned us 3 points. I fancy Charlie to bag around a dozen including pens, BZ should be good for 5 or 6 if he maintains his form from the end of last season and I think we've got a lot more goals in midfield and from the back this season. Another striker or two would have made us stronger but I think we'll be fine for now.
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                      Right on Hits. Borini would have been the difference between staying up and going down? Not bloody likely! Too many drama queens on here throwing out made up numbers of goals we have to score to survive. So far we've got one and it earned us 3 points. I fancy Charlie to bag around a dozen including pens, BZ should be good for 5 or 6 if he maintains his form from the end of last season and I think we've got a lot more goals in midfield and from the back this season. Another striker or two would have made us stronger but I think we'll be fine for now.
                      So Doug, you will be happy with Harry's "boring" style of playing defensively and nicking the odd goal to grind out a one nil win?
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post
                        So Doug, you will be happy with Harry's "boring" style of playing defensively and nicking the odd goal to grind out a one nil win?
                        You want to blame H ffs ! if you want to blame anybody blame Remy he had the right to walk away and did it at the 11th hour .
                        That left H nd the club little time to get the best forward the could , would you rather bought a wrong un in just for the sake of it

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          You want to blame H ffs ! if you want to blame anybody blame Remy he had the right to walk away and did it at the 11th hour .
                          That left H nd the club little time to get the best forward the could , would you rather bought a wrong un in just for the sake of it
                          You know, I'm not blaming Harry and I am quite pleased with the transfer dealings, Remy is the exception! There should be enough quality in the midfield to play an attractive brand of football and get results!
                          Last edited by gator; 02-09-2014, 03:15 AM.
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

• I was referring to a bit of a laugh Doug (dsqpr) and I had discussing Harry's tactics while we were over for the Wembley Final!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post
                              Ha ha, you know the answer to that is "no" Carl!

But we didn't play that way against Sunderland. We got people forward when we had the ball and tried to create chances. You can play an attacking style with only one striker but then you must have some attack minded midfielders. And Fer and Mutch in particular seemed to fill that role against Sunderland, not to mention Hoilett, Isla, and Phillips making some nice runs down the wings. Even Clint Hill was up there a few times trying to create chances! I'm thinking that was probably Hoddle's influence showing itself early.

The bottom line is you work with what you've got and we are NOT in a desperate situation. We've got Charlie and Bobby and possibly Vargas up front. We will find a way to make that work while we are looking for reinforcements who want to play for us!
                              Last edited by dsqpr; 02-09-2014, 04:17 AM.
                              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Proud we got Sandro and Niko -- Remy left us late and with few good options -- time to build character v payroll

Comment

Working...
                                X