Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky sources say it's unlikely

Comment

Far to much money for someone he's age would prefer to spend a little more for a younger striker Hooper/Rhodes Etc another for the gravy train
      Last edited by dave58; 01-09-2014, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Always liked him, great little player who always score's!..... the problem for me is £6.6m and 31 years old there's probably going to be no sell on value.... but I have no doubt he'll get us goals if he comes here.... so I suppose you could argue what we lose in money we make up in valuable goals/possibly goals that could be the difference between going down and staying up.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
          Far to much money for someone he's age would prefer to spend a little mor for a younger striker Hooper/Rhodes Etc another for the gravy train
          Although i'm not overly keen on spending on 30+ players and £6m isnt a small amount however, that £6m would guarantee goals and quite possibly contribute to us staying in the Prem and milking it for ludicrous millions for years to come......

You'd rather spend more(!!) on a failed Hooper, and unproven at the top level Rhodes who guarantee absolutely nothing, may fail (again in Hoopers' case) and contribute to us going down and losing out on the ludicrous millions from the prem in years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            Although i'm not overly keen on spending on 30+ players and £6m isnt a small amount however, that £6m would guarantee goals and quite possibly contribute to us staying in the Prem and milking it for ludicrous millions for years to come......

You'd rather spend more(!!) on a failed Hooper, and unproven at the top level Rhodes who guarantee absolutely nothing, may fail (again in Hoopers' case) and contribute to us going down and losing out on the ludicrous millions from the prem in years to come.
            As I said would prefer someone younger? and i quote what H.R. and the board said sometime back we will build for the future buying a player who's close to 32 for £6.5M hardly building for the future?

Comment

Not happening according to 'sky sources'

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                As I said would prefer someone younger? and i quote what H.R. and the board said sometime back we will build for the future buying a player who's close to 32 for £6.5M hardly building for the future?
                Yeah I get that of course, but its about a blend of youth and experience in all areas. Also to properly build for the future we need prem income, so this would be more a case of speculate to accumulate IMO as he will likely guarantee goals and therefore more than justify the £6m. Plus he'll have a good couple of years in him yet, possibly more and he was never a regular at Spurs so anything but burnt out like some 30+ players might be.....

Comment

Agree with Del. In an ideal world we would sign a proven 22-year-old Prem striker but someone of that description who also boasts Defoe's goal to games ratio would be 20/30m. We can't have it all ways. I know Cisse was a flop second season but his goals helped keep us up first time round. Defoe cd do the same. If not Defoe, who? Has to be better than a 10.30pm plunge for some Maiga type wild card signing.

Comment

I hope we land defoe. Sky aren't always right!

Whatever though, the club had better have a Plan B contingency as Remy had that clause that could easily have been triggered and of course now it has.

I would certainly prefer Defoe to the likes of a highly overpriced Troy Deeney because of his experience and known qualities and attributes.
                    As has been mentioned in this thread 6 million is a small price to pay compared to long term riches and security of the Premiership.
                    And what a partnership Austin and Defoe sounds. Come on Rangers, make it happen, please.

Comment

Hooper complete gamble could be a waste of money
                      Rhodes a lot money
                      Younger but no guarantee you'll get your money back
                      Welbeck cost a bit more but far nearer the mark
                      Defoe 31 2yar fits like glove ,if you sign the 1st 2 younger ones on 2 year deal risk

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                        Not happening according to 'sky sources'
                        Have they said why its not happening?.... we're just not interested?, they're asking for more money?, they simply don't want to sell? etc etc
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

talkSPORT ✔ @talkSPORT

Newcastle enter race for QPR target Defoe #nufc #qpr http://tlks.pt/FtLVet

can these cants not find any of their own targets.
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                            talkSPORT ✔ @talkSPORT

Newcastle enter race for QPR target Defoe #nufc #qpr http://tlks.pt/FtLVet

can these cants not find any of their own targets.
                            Haha hits. I think its more of a case in the past of us nicking their targets.

Sky reporting welbeck is avaiable on loan or for possibly permanent for around £ 5 million as utd need to shift to get falcao and other targets. We should snap their arm off at £5 mill and still have a profit left over from the remy deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                              Haha hits. I think its more of a case in the past of us nicking their targets.

Sky reporting welbeck is avaiable on loan or for possibly permanent for around £ 5 million as utd need to shift to get falcao and other targets. We should snap their arm off at £5 mill and still have a profit left over from the remy deal.
                              £5m? You can't be serious? Every club in the prem pretty much wd snap your arm off for that. how cd deeney possibly be £11m and him £5m? Makes no sense at all to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                                Yeah I get that of course, but its about a blend of youth and experience in all areas. Also to properly build for the future we need prem income, so this would be more a case of speculate to accumulate IMO as he will likely guarantee goals and therefore more than justify the £6m. Plus he'll have a good couple of years in him yet, possibly more and he was never a regular at Spurs so anything but burnt out like some 30+ players might be.....
                                So you want to blend him with Zamora for youth and experience!!!
                                Another last paycheck guy - I don't like it.
                                He must be to lightweight anyway. Caroll was at 177 cm and 71 kg and Defoe is 167 and 65

Comment

Working...
                                X