If no more signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    We got out of jail with him as our only striker last season. won't get away with it a second time.
    ... is the right answer.

Comment

Need a quality striker if we're going to stay up. Absolute must. We'll be lucky to get 20 minutes out of Bobby every two weeks, Vargas doesn't have a fantastic goalscoring record, and although I think Charlie can cut it at this level, if he breaks down we're done.

Diarra means we have a little relief at right back and in midfield. Left back's a little dodgy, although I think Yun will likely do well when given the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        I specifically said that most of the squad is good. But the weakness as it stands is all about goals. If Austin stays fit he should get 10 goals. Bobby might get three or so off the bench. Vargas is a talented player but not a prolific out and out striker.
        I think there are some goals in Caulker, Mutch and Fer - better than last year

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
          Not disagreeing but that's - what? - 15 goals absolute max. Still a long way short of the 40 odd goals we will need to stay up imho.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
            FFS.... WE HAVE ONE (1) STRIKER. That's the bottom line here.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              FFS.... WE HAVE ONE (1) STRIKER. That's the bottom line here.
              Nice if you read before you write because that was not about not needing striker(s) it was about we might get more goals from others than last year

Comment

If we dont sign any, the business we have done is good but I just don't think it is enough to keep out of the bottom 4 by the next window.

I hope we get 4 or 5 in with a striker as priority because with 2 or 3 injuries / suspensions, we simply dont have the quality across the squad.

Can see a few loans and 2 permanent signings.
                Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 01-09-2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I think the thread was basically along the lines of "If no more signings".

And because we have one out and out striker who can play 90m, it would be foolish to rely on goals from midpark making up the shortfall.

Comment

While we are waiting for new signings - how are we going to get to 40 goals
                    Ferdinand 2, Caulker 4, rest of defense 2
                    Barton 2, Mutch 4, Fer 4, Hoilett 2, Phillips 2 rest of midfield 2
                    Austin 10, rest of strikers 6

Comment

Working...
                    X