• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I missed something??? Danny Simpson

Why has he left I'm gutted!!

Originally posted by imforeverqpr View Post
    I'm not sure a club like us can hang onto a player like Simpson as back up. If he has the offer of first team football at Leicester and they are prepared to pay a decent fee for him then you've gotta let him go I think!

Comment

Danny said that he would rather be first choice in the conference than be second choice anywhere.

Fair play to the lad he want's to play football instead of sitting on his a*se collecting a pay check.

Wish him the best with Leicester. (as long as the finish below us).

As a club though at some point we need to do whats right for QPR instead of letting players walk because they want to before we get replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by imforeverqpr View Post
        I agree. Thought he was our star player last season. Can't say he won't be good enough to step up to premier league as he was not too bad at Newcastle. Granted he hasn't had the best start to the season but not many has. Can only think Harry believes he not the type of player to fit into our system.
        'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by LeeCookFan View Post
          Danny said that he would rather be first choice in the conference than be second choice anywhere.

Fair play to the lad he want's to play football instead of sitting on his a*se collecting a pay check.

Wish him the best with Leicester. (as long as the finish below us).

As a club though at some point we need to do whats right for QPR instead of letting players walk because they want to before we get replacements.
          Probably works for all parties. I'm guessing Harry wouldn't have let him go unless he felt he had adequate cover or could find someone else to replace him. My guess is that Harry feels he has Isla who can play Right Back or Wing Back, then Onouha as cover at RB and Wright-Phillips or Matty Phillips that can cover at WB. Maybe he'd rather have the money from the sale to re-spend than have Simpson warming the bench!

Comment

Diarria is RB cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Diarria is RB cover.
              Hadn't thought about that Diarra has played right back quite a bit over his career. Useful signing actually, versatile player who could play full back or any number of roles in our midfield!

Comment

Have not seen we have got Diarra
                Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

It's fair he left for everyone

Diarra I think will be right back when needed instead of Isla. Great business again got to be said
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by nuffieldranger View Post
                    Have not seen we have got Diarra
                    Not official yet but Harry confirmed in his press conference that he was at the game on Saturday and the deal was as good as done!

Comment

Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
                      I agree. Thought he was our star player last season. Can't say he won't be good enough to step up to premier league as he was not too bad at Newcastle. Granted he hasn't had the best start to the season but not many has. Can only think Harry believes he not the type of player to fit into our system.
                      A system where we have gone bk to the old one where Simpson is comfortable

Just feel gutted nice guy played for us with his heart at least keep him untill January

But hey Harry has been in the pl before

Think Simpson deserved to stay !!!!!! Major loss but time will tell

Like a rout ledge

Comment

How much did we get for him?

Comment

Dont blame him for going, he wants regular football, and fair play to him for that.
                          I wish him all the best, was very good for us.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Fair play to Simpson. Hope he gets first team at Leicester and they finish below us!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                              Dont blame him for going, he wants regular football, and fair play to him for that.
                              I wish him all the best, was very good for us.
                              Danny Simpson just wants to play football, not looking for a bigger club or more money just regular football. It's the same reason he dropped a division to sign for us last summer. All the best to him, football would be 100 times better if every player had the same attitude!

Comment

Working...
                              X