Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 games in.

3 games in...

1st game. Our first competitive game with the new system and it was probably our best performance since we last got promoted to the prem. We looked confident, we dominated and most certainly deserved the win.

2nd game. We looked $hit from start to finish, all over the place. The few chances we made we didn't take and rightly so got punished.

3rd game. Was also poor BUT.... it was never going to be our 1st team out their. With so many player's underachieving and with question marks over their heads, and with the transfer window coming to an end it was always going to be their time to prove themselves. And they failed miserably!!! Had HR set the team up with a strong starting 11 of course we would've won, there's no doubt in my mind! But this wasn't a game about results it was a game about performances.

Yesterdays reaction really showed people already have it in for HR and are just waiting for a rangers defeat with fingertips hovering over the keyboard ready to slate him. If we set up yesterday with a starting 11 and a key player got injured then all hell would let loose saying we should have started with our weaker side. I really get the feeling no matter what he does he won't do right!

The way I see it so far this season is 50/50. We played brilliantly against a bottom half side and poorly against a top half side..... lots of questions over certain player's got answered last night without effecting our premier league status..... We've got new player's and a new system, its going to take time.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Good post Nick

Comment

Very good post, however there are a few things he could have done differently. Last night not starting a CF, in a way it felt like he set the team up to lose. The game against Tottenham he also shouldnt have brought certain players straight into the team and blooded them in giving them subs appearances first.
      I by no means want to see Redknapp go, i think he has done well for the team and brought the players we want and need into the squad, I do however sometimes question his methods.

Comment

Good post
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Good post Nick.. But the bottom line is.. we have done nothing but turn in average performances with HR at the helm. 1st game of the season we did play well but we didn't win.
          We were poor last season but had a memorable day at Wembley which made us all forget how poor we were I think.

IMO Harry picked that team last night because he knew that if we lost, he could come out and blame the 2nd string team HE picked.
          If he picked a full strength team and we still lost then he would have no excuses but as always with Harry.. he looks for an excuse.

Comment

No room for that kind of sensible post on here. Couldn't you have started a knee jerk reaction poll instead?

Comment

Ali Faurlin did get injured.

Comment

Sensible post but for me, whilst I'm happy for him to be given a bit of time, it is about nearly 2 years of mainly dross and excuses, the never my fault type of thing. 'Arry's time as a decent Premiership manager may have now come and gone.

I appreciate you may play a slightly weakened side in a League Cup game against lower league opposition but last night's selection was ridiculous. It was a competitive match and a side should have been put out to try and win it. No shape and simply not good enough.

He just can't seem to get the best out of his players and is tactically inept. Whilst it is fun seeing him hang out of this Range Rover window on deadline day think we need a bit more than that.

The thing that really worries me about him are his excuses. Players not working hard enough seems a common excuse. Sorry but it is a manager's job to pick the right side based on ability and personality, set them up tactically and get the best out of them. Whilst players do have to take some responsibility for themselves bottom line is it comes down to the manager to do his part properly.

Comment

Wow, that saved me a lot of typing Nick .............

I left Loftus Rd after Hull ( along with the majority of people there & on here ) extremely confident the team looked like giving us a realistic chance of staying up.

HR's mistake ( IMO ) @ Spuds was throwing new players into a team after they had only been here a few days , of course the other problem some of the football experts on are extremely quick to forget is that Spurs ARE in with another good chance of finishing a top 4 team again.
                  As sensible posters have stated plenty of teams are going to get whooped by them this season.

Andros Townsend can't get anywhere near the first team BUT if he came back here, he would be 1st name on HR's teamsheet & we would all be queuing in South Africa RD to kiss his boots after a game.

As for last night, a bit like Man Utd giving the deadwood a run out & a chance to put themselves in the shop window .......... Doesn't excuse getting beat by players from the 4th tier of English football but it is certainly no indication of whether we can survive in the 'promised land'

When I spend my hard earned cash on watching QPR I want to see 11 blokes try as hard as they can !

I have no idea whether HR is the man to stabilise us, but I do know I watched plenty of soulless / gutless games last year SO I'm hoping for a better fighting spirit from here onwards, I won't be down for the Sunderland game so by the time I next see us play @ Old Trafford I want to see 11 blokes putting as much effort as I've had to put in to earn the £46 (plus £46 for my son )
                  They should have a word with Charlie about the hard graft needed in the building trade.

I along with most I suspect don't mind getting beat just show us you care about it by running your knackers off !

RANT OVER
                  Last edited by NW_Hoopz; 28-08-2014, 10:41 AM.
                  "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                  For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

We've been watching dross ever since Redknapp took over..

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      We've been watching dross ever since Redknapp took over..
                      Telling ya now mate, it would be a lot worse under Pulis.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                        Telling ya now mate, it would be a lot worse under Pulis.
                        I don't how you get that assumption Ginge.. Look where he took Stoke and Palace.

I also don't think it can get much worse after Spurs and last night! 2 totally unacceptable performances, no matter what team gets put out

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                          I don't how you get that assumption Ginge.. Look where he took Stoke and Palace.

I also don't think it can get much worse after Spurs and last night! 2 totally unacceptable performances, no matter what team gets put out
                          By dross, were you talking about the quality of the football? Because if you want better football Pulis wont give it to you, no chance. Just look at how Stoke played under him, hoofball rugby players.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

By dross, were you talking about the quality of the football? Because if you want better football Pulis wont give it to you, no chance. Just look at how Stoke played under him, hoofball rugby players.
                            did you watch the premiership last season? Judging Pulis from his stoke days is like judging HR from his spurs days (In the past). At least under Pulis the players will show fight and get points on the board. Took palace to 11th from obscurity and won the league manager of the year award. When he took over everyone said they had gone. When have the players ever shown similar sort of fight under HR?

Comment

I'm not sure they were playing hoofball when they got to the FA Cup final and then played in Europe.

Comment

Working...
                              X