Just back from Burton!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back from Burton!!!!

Got what we deserved,can't expect to score when we don't play any bloody strikers.truly awful from pretty much start to finish and we need a big improvement for Saturday even though we rested a few it still wasn't good enough.

they said after 64 mins swp on the wing still hadn't made a cross

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester Mark View Post
      Got what we deserved,can't expect to score when we don't play any bloody strikers.truly awful from pretty much start to finish and we need a big improvement for Saturday even though we rested a few it still wasn't good enough.
      This is the most positive thing I've read tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        they said after 64 mins swp on the wing still hadn't made a cross
        Obviously he's not even good enough for the 2nd Division ........
        "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
        For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

well my take of the burton game

i drove up there and its quite a asian place with both indian and pakistani seemingly getting on ok but the fan base is mostly white
          the ground is a tight stadium coverd on all sides with terraced asrea as the away end ,qpr fans were extremly quiet which gave it the atmosphere of a pre season friendly
          the qpr system they played seemed to be an experimental 4 -2-4
          it was designed to shock and could have given us a massive 4-0 victory with adel and hoilet occupying the strikers postion
          and matty phillips and swp taking orthadox wing positions,we could have destroyed them but the attack
          just couldnt get into gear
          the long rangeing balls from the two midfield players just continually fell to players who looked to be completely bereft of confidence and there shots seemed to fly harmlessly over the bar or fizzle out into the goalies arms
          only adel looked to be a class act out there and on this showing i would give him a run out against sunderland
          the back four of simpson dunne nedum and hill looked a solid unit and for the first half they were impregnable
          simpson was the player who stood out for me he looked to be in magnificent frorm,and although we hit the bar in the first half,we didnt drive forward enough,we sat back too much in our own half
          unfortunately in the second half our two midfielders got over run because the two wingers didnt
          come back and help enough
          and we slowly got pushed back into our half so it became a coconut shy scenerio and in the 77th min they finally scored
          the whole game was a non event full of players who seemed to have lost there confidence in front of goal
          once more qpr have bought rubbish midfield players like mutch who came on late in the game,and from 12 yards with a open goal at his mercy he got frightened his face went white with fear and as he stood there looking to pass the ball the ball was whisked of his boot
          this player mutch looks useless,how could we have bought this idiot when we could have bought troy deeney then we would have had a striker to rely on if austin has hamstring problems again
          also if we go down troy deeney could be a vital player in our bid to regain premieship status,so basically not a good day out at the office watching a rangers side that seems to have lost all confidence
          the one thing that was noticable was that the qpr players are not moving into positions to receive the ball,so we are always trying to receiv e the long ball and these passes are inter cepted and then the opposition can mount attacks
          BUT TO SUM IT ALL UP IT WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME BECAUSE QPR HAVE GOT NO STRIKERS SO ALL THOSE CROSSES PUT OVER BY MATTY AND SWP HAD NO PLAYERS TO GET ON THE END OF THEM
          Last edited by qprted; 28-08-2014, 09:32 AM.
          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

mate im afraid im not seeing how the 8m for mutch could be used for deeney? i thought watford wont sell for 12m.
            Rangers Til I Die
            follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
              i drove up there and its quite a asian place with both indian and pakistani seemingly getting on ok but the fan base is mostly white
              the ground is a tight stadium coverd on all sides with terraced asrea as the away end ,qpr fans were extremly quiet which gave it the atmosphere of a pre season friendly
              the qpr system they played seemed to be an experimental 4 -2-4
              it was designed to shock and could have given us a massive 4-0 victory with adel and hoilet occupying the strikers postion
              and matty phillips and swp taking orthadox wing positions,we could have destroyed them but the attack
              just couldnt get into gear
              the long rangeing balls from the two midfield players just continually fell to players who looked to be completely bereft of confidence and there shots seemed to fly harmlessly over the bar or fizzle out into the goalies arms
              only adel looked to be a class act out there and on this showing i would give him a run out against sunderland
              the back four of simpson dunne nedum and hill looked a solid unit and for the first half they were impregnable
              simpson was the player who stood out for me he looked to be in magnificent frorm,and although we hit the bar in the first half,we didnt drive forward enough,we sat back too much in our own half
              unfortunately in the second half our two midfielders got over run because the two wingers didnt
              come back and help enough
              and we slowly got pushed back into our half so it became a coconut shy scenerio and in the 77th min they finally scored
              the whole game was a non event full of players who seemed to have lost there confidence in front of goal
              once more qpr have bought rubbish midfield players like mutch who came on late in the game,and from 12 yards with a open goal at his mercy he got frightened his face went white with fear and as he stood there looking to pass the ball the ball was whisked of his boot
              this player mutch looks useless,how could we have bought this idiot when we could have bought troy deeney then we would have had a striker to rely on if austin has hamstring problems again
              also if we go down troy deeney could be a vital player in our bid to regain premieship status,so basically not a good day out at the office watching a rangers side that seems to have lost all confidence
              the one thing that was noticable was that the qpr players are not moving into positions to receive the ball,so we are always trying to receiv e the long ball and these passes are inter cepted and then the opposition can mount attacks
              BUT TO SUM IT ALL UP IT WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME BECAUSE QPR HAVE GOT NO STRIKERS SO ALL THOSE CROSSES PUT OVER BY MATTY AND SWP HAD NO PLAYERS TO GET ON THE END OF THEM
              Good report ted, I was struck by your final sentence; 'all those crosses put over by matty and SWP'
              Did SWP manage to get a lot of crosses in?

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                mate im afraid im not seeing how the 8m for mutch could be used for deeney? i thought watford wont sell for 12m.
                He's signed a new deal now too.

Comment

well we

well looking back on the game i dont remember swp getting in one cross he was trully woefull but matty put over at least one good cross but knowbody was there to get on the end of it

i suppose i was trying to highlight the idiocy of playing two orthodox wingers and not having a central striker to even attempt to get them into the net

More...

Comment

Thanks a lot for the report Ted.
                    But that lot have never had confidence in front of goal in QPR shirt. Phillips, SWP, Faurlin, Hoilett, even Taarabt all need 20 open chances to score once.

Comment

well its easy to look back

well its easy to look back and say if only but if we had put out a back four then in front a four man midfielf this team were there for the taking they really were not that good
                      but if harry redknap has one terrible fault as a manager he loves to let his players stay in there half to allow the opposition to get a false sense of supremacy
                      then he loves to hit on the breakaway one or two goals and ultimately win the points,the trouble is every qpr match last season he demonstrated the same plan
                      even in the play off final qpr were under pressure for fully 3o minutes,we need to have another plan we cant keep on using the same plan
                      this side burton put there side out with a masses midfield we should have played them the same way
                      then we may well have over run them having two wingers meant we were like 9 men against 11 why oh why didnt we only bring the wingers on late in the game,IT WAS SHAMBOLIC,FACTOMONDO LEFT AT HALF TIME IN HIS ROLLS ROYCE, HIS NUMBERR PLATE CLEARLY OPR 67X........ WAS PEE ED ON AND HE WAS FURIOUS,ALSO FACTO SAID THAT THE BURTON MASCOT HAD PASSED WIND IN FRONT OF HIS BEAUTIFULL BRIDE............................THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester Mark View Post
                        So long ago now. tight fitting suits and dodgy t shirts. styleast was always a winner for a 14 year old in harrow. burtons got earnt more from the above snooker slash nightclub...
                        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Did we lose to a fashion retail outlet? Scare the life outta me next season if we draw debenams.got some right tasty clobber
                          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Cheers for the report Ted. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                              Did we lose to a fashion retail outlet? Scare the life outta me next season if we draw debenams.got some right tasty clobber
                              dickie dirts fc...now there was a team.
                              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                              X