X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

go
    You Rsssssss

Comment

It would be ideal if we could wait until December to decide, but if we really have to make the decision right now, then go.

Better that than the early contract extension that seems likely to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
        Stay, he'll get it right eventually. If he does go I want Sherwood in.
        See, this kind of attitude amongst our owners/fans is why I am scared of who will get the job next. Why get someone who is basically Arry MK II? Same goes for Hoddle.

TF & his backers need to ditch these limited, antiquated, opportunistic English managers and go for a coach who has a clear idea about what he wants to do with the club. See if they can turn the club around over the season and if not (provided it doesn't become a total catastrophe) give him 3 or 4 years to establish a philosophy and get us playing football and improving our players.
        Swansea, Wigan & Everton did it with Martinez, Soton and now Spurs did it with Pocchetino, Bilbao did it with Biesla, and provided you pick the right manager it can turn clubs' fortunes around.

Sadly TF & co. clearly know **** all about football and will appoint some nong with a relative/mate at Sky Sports/the Sun etc.

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
          See, this kind of attitude amongst our owners/fans is why I am scared of who will get the job next. Why get someone who is basically Arry MK II? Same goes for Hoddle.

TF & his backers need to ditch these limited, antiquated, opportunistic English managers and go for a coach who has a clear idea about what he wants to do with the club. See if they can turn the club around over the season and if not (provided it doesn't become a total catastrophe) give him 3 or 4 years to establish a philosophy and get us playing football and improving our players.
          Swansea, Wigan & Everton did it with Martinez, Soton and now Spurs did it with Pocchetino, Bilbao did it with Biesla, and provided you pick the right manager it can turn clubs' fortunes around.

Sadly TF & co. clearly know **** all about football and will appoint some nong with a relative/mate at Sky Sports/the Sun etc.
          100% this.

Tim Sherwood is basically Harry without the car door.

Fans hoping for a tactically-aware non-bullsh1tter who coaches his players well will be sorely disappointed if we get him. If you don't want those things then why not stick with Harry? Sherwood's approach is equally outdated; all he has on Harry is age, but even that is a bit embarrassing given Sherwood doesn't even have that excuse for thinking football is still played in the 90s.

Comment

The last time Harry was employed by a football club without being manager (ie in charge, of the football at least) was at Bournemouth in 1983 when he was assistant manager. Late that year the manager was sacked and he took over. That's 31 years ago. Anyone reckon he's kept up to date with developments since? It's been three decades since anyone was able to tell him "no mate, there's a better way to do this".

The managers stationcafe is talking about have all played recently or at least seem to be up to speed with how advanced top level football is these days. Profiles of Mourinho, Brendan Rogers, Paul Lambert, AVB, Martinez and co often mention things like dorky trips to big European clubs to sit in on their coaching sessions, to learn from the most successful. I can't imagine Harry going to La Masia to pick up some coaching tips any time soon - this is a man who made his debut when Stanley Matthews was still playing.

When Christian Eriksen spent Sunday drifting around his right wing in between four of our players, occupying all of them while remaining out of their reach, with Adebayor and Dier moving into the space he created and Lamela waiting for the ball to be switched over so he could run at Rio.... that stuff isn't an accident. That's something Spurs practiced and thought about all week. "Run about a bit", "pass it to Joey", "push up more", that stuff just doesn't work anymore.

The hard work we're missing is our manager's head rather than our players' legs.

Comment

Bang on 50/50 . Personally I'm fed up of his ******** . He and his coaches are behind the times and quite frankly are serving up some of the worst football with arguably the most gifted squad we've had in two decades . Tf won't worry though as we will "find a way" it's just in the mean times us poor ***** have got to put up with the drivel and **** taking yet again . Fed up

Comment

another poor transfer window so far.

Comment

He should retire

Comment

the best young manager in this country is eddie howe imo

Comment

Go before it's too late.

Comment

Top post Geng.

Comment

Would anyone take Pulis?

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post

Was about to post something identical. We need to stop using these recycled washed up old English managers. Same old names always mentioned when a manager loses his job. The only half decent English coach out there who seems to be doing well is matey boy at Real Madrid. Football has changed, philosophys have changed, sports science has changed. Plenty of top European coaches willing to come to England, and bring a few gems no one has heard of with them. Swansea (Athough Monk in charge now), Southampton, etc have all established theirselves in the prem with a good brand of football doing it that way.

We will never be a top 6 side I know that, but I just want us to be a well run club with a philosphy, not needing to sign 10 players per window to try fix what clearly is a manager & coaching problem.
                            @chrisrobson9

Comment

Harry's rep is built on attractive football and being a motivator but can we honestly say we have had either in his two seasons with us???

He looks disinterested and unmotivated and although at the game yesterday he never bothered sitting on the bench that I could see sums it up

Comment

My head says should give it ten games to see how we are looking then as new system, on paper a decent enough team and will give Hoddle time to start having an influence.

My heart though is just sick to death of the rubbish that has routinely been served up since 'Arry joined and by the same BS excuses we get from him. It isn't about 3 games this season it is about the best part of 2 years. Nothing is ever his fault. Sorry but it is the manager's job to pick the right team, organize them tactically, motivate them and ensure they are fit. It is the squad he has built with the full support of the board.

I'm sick to death of hearing they didn't work hard enough and nonsense like that. Bagpuss should know his players and be able to get the best out of them. If he can't do that then time to retire to the golf course and take his buddies with him. Seems like a genuinely nice bloke but that doesn't get our team playing any better. You could make me manager, pay me loads of money and I could get them playing *** too and I'm a nice fox! In fact Tony if you happen to read this call me and lets talk ...

Comment

Working...
                                X